• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing through Scholar of the First Sin after 100%ing Dark Souls II just half a year ago is really fucking weird.
Everything is the same. But different.

Some of the new encounters are already vastly superior. Others are just weird. An
Ogre
at the Forest of Fallen Giants entrance?
Scared the crap outta me. :/

Never played the DLC. Fun times ahead.

This post made me buy the upgrade

Arthea

new on greenlight

this looks like an interesting game, it's some RPG and a god game mix. I think we should upvote this, hopefully their kickstarter will be success.

I want this game so much, why it has to be "free to play", why?!
also not including trailer isn't the best idea too.
we need a new pipemania on steam, true talk.

I'm not sure about this one, looks not bad, but seems like tedious the game to me.

L.O.R.D

directx is a graphics library, it won't significantly change how a game look to just upgrade dx versions. from and bamco would have to actually put time and money and effort into upgrading the look of the game for it to look markedly better, which obviously they didn't. there are some new features that could've been implemented but sounds like no such luck

it might have a bit more accurate ao or depth of field or something like that, based on newer shader code or whatever those things i don't understand are like, but it's not gonna look like the first trailer just cos they changed dx versions

i don't really care but would've been nice if they had actually given a shit about graphics on pc...
i don't use any mode in my games , i heard i could VAC ban ( even if it too low )
i saw this comparison video between DX9 and DX11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuF7ROsEpA

in the game i don't really see that

when i was playing , i was invaded by 3 people

Sarcasm

Here take it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sarcasm:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Server, Delicious! -- MB-2A1974CF7466513B - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1428067657z1.png

Arthea

Indie Gala "FRIDAY SPECIAL" Bundle #13

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Bret Airborne (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition (STEAM)
Guncraft (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and GET THE ENTIRE BUNDLE 12 Steam GAMES!

Potatoman Seeks the Troof (STEAM)
One Finger Death Punch (STEAM)
ibb & obb (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Nihilumbra (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition (STEAM)
Bet On Soldier (STEAM)
Lilly Looking Through (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (STEAM)
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards

edited: one more I can skip, there are a lot of those lately.

derExperte

The Titan Souls demo convinced me to preorder despite the higher than expected price, good stuff and April doesn't have too many other releases I'm looking forward to anyway (Westerado!!!).

redlacs

So which Lego games are a must?

must..have..lego red dwarf!

anyway, i only played hobbit so far and it was very good. maybe the difficulty was little too casual but then again i was probably not their target audience.
for the price (on sale) i think it was well worth it (good 35 hours if youre completionist).
knowing hobbit background was half of the fun thought. buying one wrapped around universe i dont know the first thing about isnt very tempting

Kiru

Started up Riddick and was pretty excited about playing the PC version for the first time until
"Tages setup needs your permission to start"
nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

From reddit:
Here's an interesting little tidbit: Both the Steam and GOG versions have TAGES. However the GOG version also includes a special dvm.dll in the Win32_x86 folder that is a TAGES loader which intercepts and bypasses all TAGES calls (therefore making it unnecessary to install TAGES, which the executable does automatically if it doesn't find it on your machine.) If you copy that dll to your Steam install and overwrite the existing one then your Steam copy becomes cracked just like the GOG version. Make sure you do this before you run it for the first time or it will install TAGES. If that happens, just manually run the TAGES installer from here and it will remove all trace of TAGES from your machine.

source: I own it on both Steam and GOG and compared the two installs.
I think GOG just used a publicly available crack...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
A Game of Thrones Episode 1 Ipad/Iphone -- MB-C782FF28376AE156 - Taken by crazyrabbits

derExperte

Dunno, I have not a positive vibe from Titan Souls. I loved Shadow of the Colossus, it's maybe my favourite game at all, I played it something like 37 times, and I heard this should be similar. So I watched some videos but...it doesn't give me anything. Yes, pixel art is well done, but it seems empty, while Shadow looks full of things to discover even if basically there was nothing in the Forbidden Land despite bosses.

Looks like I forgot the word 'demo' up there so if you didn't know, there's one and imo it definitely had strong SOTC vibes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
all of them :) it's pretty much the same exact game over and over again ... only the settings differ ;)
Pick the game set in the universe you like. They're all good.

Ahh but I was told the Batman games were a bit different?

Lego star wars

It's not on sale :(

It's not on Steam :(

LOTR is my favourite and I preferred it to Marvel but they're all great.
must..have..lego red dwarf!

anyway, i only played hobbit so far and it was very good. maybe the difficulty was little too casual but then again i was probably not their target audience.
for the price (on sale) i think it was well worth it (good 35 hours if youre completionist).
knowing hobbit background was half of the fun thought. buying one wrapped around universe i dont know the first thing about isnt very tempting

Is it a good way to introduce someone who is not into the setting, like I'm not a huge fan of Tolkein so would I enjoy those?

The gameplay doesn't really grab me, kind of regretted buying so many of them on impulse.

I only played the demos for Lord of the Rings and Batman 2 on 3DS and I quickly realized these games are not for me. Too simplistic gameplay.

My little nephew is a huge Lego fan so if I ever buy or win one in a giveaway, it would be for him.

MadGear

do you need to use vpn to buy from nuuvem?
last time i bought here i didn't have to use anything..just went there and bought

It differs from game to game, which seems to be purely arbitrary. Some games you can simply add to your cart while others give you a message like "this game is not available in your region". Unless that game is actually region locked you need to use VPN to buy them (just remember to disable VPN before signing into paypal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom