• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

Valve's random number generator for deciding whose links to block chose me today :(
2015-04-03_15-18-20.png

Fuck off Valve. This is ridiculous.

Sarcasm

you are wrong, I haven't used VPN for buying on Nuuvem even once, I bought many games there and many I couldn't buy. You don't need it in general, you need for some games.

Well I live in Taiwan and I have to use it every time until I get logged in PP. Than I log out. Than make the purchase.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sarcasm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Server, Delicious! -- MB-2A1974CF7466513B - Taken by Majukun. 8 entrants total.

t1428067657z1.png

Maniac

Banned
i don't use any mode in my games , i heard i could VAC ban ( even if it too low )
i saw this comparison video between DX9 and DX11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuF7ROsEpA

in the game i don't really see that

when i was playing , i was invaded by 3 people
... Nagger* wat

You can only be VAC banned from games that use VAC. DS doesn't use VAC, and even then the majority of VAC-enabled games allow user modification, since there's a clear difference between when a player is simply modifying some aspects of the game and when the player is intercepting data to alter it.

So yeah, there's literally no chance you'd get VAC banned.

I can't say I care much, lol. Most mods and admins have said worse and often do ;o PS: YAHYAHYAAAAH I AM LORDE, LORDE LORDE I AM LORDE AND NAGGER-GUY, YAH.

dex3108

Looks nice, you know about the 'save an uncompressed copy' option in Steam settings right?

I have FC4 on UPlay and since recent UPlay update Steam Overlay doesn't work anymore so i used UPlay SS feature unfortunately. I am waiting for Nvidia to finally implement SS feature in GeForce Experience.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fall of the New Age Premium Edition -- MB-D37C409DF70050A1 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse -- MB-4F385934B189BDD1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.

t1428066576z1.png

redlacs

Is it a good way to introduce someone who is not into the setting, like I'm not a huge fan of Tolkein so would I enjoy those?

the setting is really key here. i'd say dont force yourself into playing lego game where youre not familiar with it. they are not badly executed games saved only by choice of your favourite universe, i just think of them as extensions of previous enjoyment i had with the given setting. i dont know the first thing about marvel, harry potter or pirates so im skipping those. maybe in time i will learn a thing or two about it and will consider playing those games, but no sooner. maybe i would enjoy them now, but i dont want to rob myself of big chunk of all the extra potential enjoyment one can harvest from these games

i wonder wonder how enjoyable the Lego Movie Videogame is

MUnited83

For you.
Indie Gala "FRIDAY SPECIAL" Bundle #13

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Bret Airborne (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition (STEAM)
Guncraft (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and GET THE ENTIRE BUNDLE 12 Steam GAMES!

Potatoman Seeks the Troof (STEAM)
One Finger Death Punch (STEAM)
ibb & obb (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Nihilumbra (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord Premium Edition (STEAM)
Bet On Soldier (STEAM)
Lilly Looking Through (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (STEAM)
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse (STEAM) + Steam Trading Cards

edited: one more I can skip, there are a lot of those lately.
Amazing. I own every single game on that bundle.

Jawmuncher

How long is pillars of eternity anyway? Took me 9 hours to be act 1. I explore all the maps and talk to everyone. But I might skip on some side quests.

Sarcasm

Got a new HDD..whats the best way of moving some games? I don't mind re-downloading...but something like skybutt (skyrim) and mods make me worry.

Mods are handled by mod organizer (so the mods don't actually touch the install folder), but how would I do this all?

milena87

How long is pillars of eternity anyway? Took me 9 hours to be act 1. I explore all the maps and talk to everyone. But I might skip on some side quests.

Around 60 hours for normal / hard and an almost complete playthrough seems to be the lenght that many people are reporting.

Ask Milena, beated it already from what I heard.

If you mean me, I wish :p

I started the game again, yes, but I didn't even finish it with my first character. I was barely 14 hours into Act 1, almost done with
Caed Nua
, when I noticed that my party was bugged and that Edér was knocked out once, somewhere, hours earlier. é_è

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I started the game again, yes, but I didn't even finish it with my first character. I was barely 14 hours into Act 1, almost done with
Caed Nua
, when I noticed that my party was bugged and that Edér was knocked out once, somewhere, hours earlier. é_è

Oh, Punished Snake told me you had finished it already. >_>

I started Tits while they patch PoE, hope they patch it in the 3 months Trails will take me.

milena87

Oh, Punished Snake told me you had finished it already. >_>

Well, I probably would have finished it if I didn't have to work :D

I started Tits while they patch PoE, hope they patch it in the 3 months Trails will take me.

We're expecting one patch later today, and it should fix the worst bugs. They're also making some balancing changes already. In 3 months I'm sure you'll find a really nice and balanced game to play :p
And probably some news about the expansion!

Knurek

We're expecting one patch later today, and it should fix the worst bugs. They're also making some balancing changes already. In 3 months I'm sure you'll find a really nice and balanced game to play :p
And probably some news about the expansion!

So, is the news about TBS combat being patched in PoE real?

derExperte

More GAFers need to play Geometry Wars 3, can't be that I'm nr. 200 on the leaderboard of the first hardcore level after my first try. And the new update seems to be great.

Lol, Evolve is played by 2k people right now.

No?

3,274 3,947 Evolve

Been hovering around that number for a while now.

I deleted it this week when it tried to download a 7gb patch.

If they did something wrong it was not releasing more patches faster but that one finally added new content.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
People crying about difficulty in the Scholar of the First Sin thread only makes me more excited. Apparently there are Pursuers every in the Bastille lol.

Ahh but I was told the Batman games were a bit different?

It's not on sale :(

It's not on Steam :(

Is it a good way to introduce someone who is not into the setting, like I'm not a huge fan of Tolkein so would I enjoy those?

If you're not a fan of Tolkein, I'd recommend going for one of the franchises that you enjoy. I love both Tolkein and Marvel but I felt that LOTR did a better job than Marvel of capturing the feel of its source material.

Jawmuncher

Minimal howlongtobeat.com data points to approximately 60hrs.

Ask Milena, beated it already from what I heard.

Around 60 hours for normal / hard and an almost complete playthrough seems to be the lenght that many people are reporting.

Caed Nua

I see. I am playing on easy though that might lessen it by some. I have been thinking of stopping for a bit though. 9 hours in and the last thing I want to do is run into a bug.

More GAFers need to play Geometry Wars 3, can't be that I'm nr. 200 on the leaderboard of the first hardcore level after my first try.

No?

3,274 3,947 Evolve

If they did something wrong it was not releasing more patches faster but that one finally added new content.

I'm planning on playing it a bit today myself to check out that new monster.

People crying about difficulty in the Scholar of the First Sin thread only makes me more excited. Apparently there are Pursuers every in the Bastille lol.

oh god. I was mad when I had to fight him later in the game for the 2nd time.

This reminds me of how Capra and Taurus become 'regular' enemies in Dark Souls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you're not a fan of Tolkein, I'd recommend going for one of the franchises that you enjoy. I love both Tolkein and Marvel but I felt that LOTR did a better job than Marvel of capturing the feel of its source material.
the setting is really key here. i'd say dont force yourself into playing lego game where youre not familiar with it. they are not badly executed games saved only by choice of your favourite universe, i just think of them as extensions of previous enjoyment i had with the given setting. i dont know the first thing about marvel, harry potter or pirates so im skipping those. maybe in time i will learn a thing or two about it and will consider playing those games, but no sooner. maybe i would enjoy them now, but i dont want to rob myself of big chunk of all the extra potential enjoyment one can harvest from these games

i wonder wonder how enjoyable the Lego Movie Videogame is

Ahh all right, I'll get Batman 3 (I heard Batman 2 is just watered down Marvel) and Marvel then.

More GAFers need to play Geometry Wars 3, can't be that I'm nr. 200 on the leaderboard of the first hardcore level after my first try. And the new update seems to be great.

No?

3,274 3,947 Evolve

I'm not saying that they did something wrong with that! It's just that I played 6 hours and felt like I was just doing stuff mechanically, without any enjoyment. So when I saw that I'd have to download those 7gb I just deleted it.

rtcn63

I went to download Sumatra PDF reader, and the download failed the first time. Now I'm paranoid, even though it's most likely Firefox being shit as usual. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shangri - La sections in Far Cry 4 are really beautiful (sorry for compressed screenshots)

Maybe one day I'll finish the game. Maybe. But probably not. I still need to finish Blood Dragon, come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom