• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
Lord, I thoroughly dislike errant signal. He bases all of his reviews on how coherent and political a games story is. It's like the annoying guys in my high school who wouldn't like any music if it wasn't making a statement on the state of the world.
His GTA 5 review solidifies this statement.

I've been playing PoE and I'm sure about 60% of the moves I have I don't even know what they do. I still haven't figured out what the green bar on the side of the portraits is.

It's a problem when you like RPGs but you're lazy.

Green bars are health. Portraits going red means that character is losing endurance.

Grief.exe

So, DA:I is 50% off.
Is it a good game for someone who liked Mass Effect 2/3?

If you enjoy the shallower direction Bioware has gone along with Ubisoft open-world bar filling, then most likely.

Oh, didn't know that, I will try it later than.

Anyway, I want post this:
uUFGFm7.gif

Technically the attack does connect with his entire lower body, which then triggers the animation.

It looks goofy, but the player did get hit.

I've been playing PoE and I'm sure about 60% of the moves I have I don't even know what they do. I still haven't figured out what the green bar on the side of the portraits is.

It's a problem when you like RPGs but you're lazy.

Right click on anything will bring up a more in depth description of the item or ability.

Still may not fully answer your questions as you may require a deeper understanding of the combat mechanics to puzzle out what they actually do.

Sianos

Has anyone else been experiencing formatting issues with the Steam activity tab? Everything appears to be showing up as raw text and images without formatting or working links since last night.

Kifimbo

Just a quick question about the new rule on Steam Market: if you buy a booster pack and open it, can you sell the cards right away ?

Kifimbo

Thanks.

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sparkle 2 Evo -- MB-63EDC173EB897ACF - Taken by xGreg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They can set any text for display, instead of actual date.
I think it still sorts by actual date even then.

Yeah, it does. Project Cars, listed as "Mid-May 2015", was ordered as a late March release up until the day it was supposed to unlock... at which point it mistakenly appeared in the New Releases list despite not actually being unlocked.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven't had that problem. I received a Deadbreed booster two days ago, and I can sell the cards without any issue.

I think the difference is that if you receive a booster pack as a drop, the cards won't have any market restrictions. But if you purchase a booster pack from the market, it will.

xGreg

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-D9D760793308D31A - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse -- MB-8D4025BE0787D941 - Taken by arts&crafts. 6 entrants total.

t1428090637z1.png

Did you buy it or just get it randomly? I believe Kifimbo is saying that the problem comes from packs purchased through the market.

Random. That's probably the difference, although I've also bought booster packs with gems and never had a problem either.

JaseC

Random. That's probably the difference, although I've also bought booster packs with gems and never had a problem either.

If you craft a booster using gems that are not marketable, that booster will share the same market ineligibility period.

Note: 60 of your 110 Gems are untradable or become tradable at a later date. You may use them to create a booster pack, but the booster pack and resulting trading cards will have the same trade restriction as the gems that were used.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Well, I bought a booster pack, and you can't sell the cards right away. You also have to wait one week.

I'm really sorry if my incorrect advice inconvenienced you in any way. I swear you could, because I'm reasonably certain I have, but maybe they changed the trade restrictions since the last time I did. Sorry.

Kifimbo

I'm really sorry if my incorrect advice inconvenienced you in any way. I swear you could, because I'm reasonably certain I have, but maybe they changed the trade restrictions since the last time I did. Sorry.

It's not a big deal, really. I probably would have bought it anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you imagine what can happen if Valve put all this effort on doing HL3 instead locking market stuff and games?
Game of the Millennium.

Or if they put as much effort into Steam features that people are actually requesting?

Then Steam would be like... enhanced!

JaseC

Do you imagine what can happen if Valve put all this effort on doing HL3 instead locking market stuff and games?
Game of the Millennium.

It'd probably just seep into the game's design. :p "Sorry, this route back to the Borealis is restricted to users in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation."

HoosTrax

Anyone here tried using the streaming to, say, a netbook? Does it work ok for turned-based games, visual novels etc? Is it a major bandwidth hog?

Hopefully someone will figure out a way to give the DoA fighters dick physics. The Argonian skyrim mod I definitely didn't download was always fully erect. Immersion breaking.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Or if they put as much effort into Steam features that people are actually requesting?

Then Steam would be like... enhanced!

why would they do that? they can just wait for you to add all that cool stuff and then just borrow a feature ... or eighty ;)

Nordicus

962.gif

Slicken got boned too, my poor team is going to get wiped.
That the smell of someone not gittin gud
Well, in combination with the general speed buff of the chant, Sure-handed Ila is still pretty powerful. It's just that you can't completely ignore the slow and very interruptible reload animation anymore when you have someone whacking at you in melee. And nearly double the DPS of your firing squad, ya know.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I responded to the Elite: Dangerous "fan reaction" thread on Steam Discussions:

I haven't purchased the game before now and I don't plan to purchase it, but I just wanted to take a minute to note the following:

- The prevailing norm is to release games on Steam at the same time as not on Steam. The relationship with consumers starts on a sour note when you launch separately, because it's difficult not to see the initial launch as being about maximizing profit by denying Steam its cut, and then the move to Steam so quickly after launch as about, having exhausted the game's general demand, time to pick up the latent demand in the Steam audience. I don't think anyone is going to give Frontier the benefit of the doubt because of this.

- The prevailing norm for non-Steam games releasing on Steam is to provide Steam keys for past purchases. Developers on Steam can do so at 0 cost. Everyone can agree that asking a person to purchase a game twice is not a good situation. There are a variety of ways to prevent the keys being generated from being resold. This is not a significant problem and no one is going to believe that it is.

- Everyone on Steam knows they can add non-Steam games to their Steam library, and no one feels this is a good solution. It's really patronizing when developers do this because it comes off like treating the consumers who want the game as Steam as if they're dumb to want it. People aren't interested in Steam-as-launcher, they're interested in full Steam integration. Playtime tracking, achievements, cards, leaderboards, cloud saving, SteamPlay, etc.

Maybe this stuff is not widely known within Frontier because Frontier hasn't released a PC game since Thrillville 2 (I'm a huge fan of that game, by the way). This speaks to the cost of ignoring a platform for so long. It's a pity, because LostWinds, Zoo Tycoon, and Screamride would all be great fits for the platform--and if re-engineered, so would Disneyland Adventures and Kinectimals. But now that you're back on PC, I think you'll find that you will do very well if you take the time to listen, learn the norms of the platform, and serve your audience. If you won't listen to your audience, I recommend you reach out to other developers who seem successful in the PC space and ask them about their experience.

From a PR/Optics point of view, this is a no-brainer situation. Best of luck coming to the right decision in the end.

I hope it strikes the right tone of not being a jerk while reminding them that they are essentially being jerks.

Dsyndrome

Pillars of Eternity 1.03 Patch is live on STEAM, 853.7 MB. GOG and Origin users have to wait for their QA processes to go through.

HoosTrax

I responded to the Elite: Dangerous "fan reaction" thread on Steam Discussions:

I hope it strikes the right tone of not being a jerk while reminding them that they are essentially being jerks.

Agreed with everything you've posted there, and in particular this one really gets my goat whenever I see it:

- Everyone on Steam knows they can add non-Steam games to their Steam library, and no one feels this is a good solution. It's really patronizing when developers do this because it comes off like treating the consumers who want the game as Steam as if they're dumb to want it. People aren't interested in Steam-as-launcher, they're interested in full Steam integration. Playtime tracking, achievements, cards, leaderboards, cloud saving, SteamPlay, etc.

As someone who really does use a lot of the Steam-integration-specific features, no, it's really not the same thing in my mind when you "add non-Steam game to library".

Also, you would think that they should want as many of their early backers as possible to have a Steam key, so that they can post positive reviews on the game's Steam page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom