• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I responded to the Elite: Dangerous "fan reaction" thread on Steam Discussions:

I hope it strikes the right tone of not being a jerk while reminding them that they are essentially being jerks.

Seems pretty well metered to me. I hadn't put two and two together and just now realized that this is the same developer that did Lostwinds, which was great but forgotten on the Wii Shop.

Hopefully they can realize they're being either preety ignorant or pretty rude and turn things around.

fallout

...and that it doesn't create new bugs.
Yeah, as someone playing the GOG version, I'm kind of tempted to wait a few days. The major bugs at this point are known and mostly avoidable. I've been lucky enough to not run into them, so I'm in no real rush to get patched.

dex3108

I was roaming the grid and i stumbled upon tribute song for Paul Walker that plays in Furious7 and man

Right+in+the+feels+bro+_1aeada4fc67382ce179131c7182ce979.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzVqwbCrSsQ

I will go to cinema and watch it next week i just hope that i won't cry like a little baby.

Lomax

I responded to the Elite: Dangerous "fan reaction" thread on Steam Discussions:

I hope it strikes the right tone of not being a jerk while reminding them that they are essentially being jerks.

If every post on the steam forums was like this, it would be a glorious place to be. That said, the whole Elite: Dangerous on Steam thing has reeked of stupidity from day one, so I don't really expect that to change, even if they do cave in and give keys.

So, what do you all think the Square Enix game announcement will be? Been wanting new Deus Ex for ages.

EDIT: It's an announcement from a Western studio, so probably not FF (see here).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
please be record keeper on PC please be record keeper on PC

Full Steam release, with trading cards, achievements, and cloud saves.

Better yet, do like most mobile F2P games converting to Steam, and charge money for the game but strip out the IAP options while balancing the gameplay. I'd buy it.
Of course.

Jawmuncher

Green bars are health. Portraits going red means that character is losing endurance.
Ahhh ok. I knew about the health and endurance but not how it all related to the portraits.
Right click on anything will bring up a more in depth description of the item or ability.

Still may not fully answer your questions as you may require a deeper understanding of the combat mechanics to puzzle out what they actually do.
Yeah I think that's more of what it's coming down to. I've been winging it and slowly pickibg up the stuff I don't know.

Picked up Durance yet?

Two got him along with a few others. If they're just out and about I'll find them. Since I always explore the whole map.

Maniac

Banned
Heh, I didn't use slicken at all until level 7 where I read people talking about it. Just annoyed I wasted a high level spell :p

Wot is a slicken

- - I've not at all ventured into any kind of PoE forum. This is literally the only place I've written and read about it.

By the way, are the items that have a summon ability one-time uses, or?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy IX or X?

Steam's already got 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 13, 13-2 and 14. Just need 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12.

Literally the stuff my wet dreams consist of. Also, Tactics.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
- The prevailing norm is to release games on Steam at the same time as not on Steam. The relationship with consumers starts on a sour note when you launch separately, because it's difficult not to see the initial launch as being about maximizing profit by denying Steam its cut, and then the move to Steam so quickly after launch as about, having exhausted the game's general demand, time to pick up the latent demand in the Steam audience. I don't think anyone is going to give Frontier the benefit of the doubt because of this.

Whats really telling is that they didn't say anything about the Steam release, not one word.

Lots of people bought the game directly from Frontier cause they thought it wouldn't be released on Steam, at least not in the near future.

And I just can't believe that they are that clueless that they have to wait for player feedback to see if there is demand for Steam keys...

Fun Stock website is a mess. Doesn't load most of the times, so I can't buy anything. It even failed to load when I was registering, though it still went through.

Amzin

6, 9, 10, and Tactics are the best ones so it's extra annoying that none of them are on Steam yet

Edit
Anyone here tried using the streaming to, say, a netbook? Does it work ok for turned-based games, visual novels etc? Is it a major bandwidth hog?

It doesn't use ISP bandwidth (that is, your bandwidth to the outside internet), but it uses a lot of your network bandwidth for sure. Unless you're hardwired it'll usually make other devices connected to the network a bit slower.

Unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendations for the Indiagala sale? I've had Fist of Jesus on my wishlist for a while but they don't seem to have any good deals on anything else I've been looking for. Was looking at Circuits because it's cheap as dirt but it sounds too simple.

AsylumX

Final Fantasy IX or X?

Steam's already got 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 13, 13-2 and 14. Just need 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12.

I only want 6 and 12. I'm my opinion 12 is pretty awesome and underrated, would love to play and enhanced version on PC without having to go through the hassles of emulation.

Sendou

Fun Stock website is a mess. Doesn't load most of the times, so I can't buy anything. It even failed to load when I was registering, though it still went through.

Not a fan either. My order page still says after 9 hours or so "Status: On Hold (internal processing)". They took my money but no keys yet. I don't really doubt that they won't send the keys eventually but I'm used to receiving my keys the same time I part with my money.

Not a fan either. My order page still says after 9 hours or so "Status: On Hold (internal processing)". They took my money but no keys yet. I don't really doubt that they won't send the keys eventually but I'm used to receiving my keys the same time I part with my money.

Oh, so they're slow even on that. I'm not so sure I want to buy from them now.

Oh, didn't know that, I will try it later than.

Anyway, I want post this:
uUFGFm7.gif
While that never happened to me, I did encounter other weird stuff with hitboxes.
For example, Pursuer or any other sword wielding enemy would make a similar forward thrust attack just when I was rolling directly towards it. In the end, I wouldn't get stabbed or get damage but the sword was literally clipping all the way through my torso.
It also happened the other way around though, in that my sword attack would clip massively through an enemy body without hurting him at all or triggering an animation.
No clue what the reasons are but in my whole playthrough of Dark Souls 1 similar stuff happened maybe 2 times.
The page is not loading at all. Guess too many want in on the deals.
She doesn't look flustered but scared tbh.
Can't be that bad. Nabs upvoted it after all.

:p

According to Steamspy Grimrock 2 barely got to 100.000 sales. :( And Geometry Wars 3 is at 25.000. Boooo.

Also the maker of the site has appeared and clarified some things: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158727832&postcount=329
so much of that data is terribly unreliable

it's not that it's bad or not useful but you need to know how much that error really effects that number

most people reading it are just looking at the first number and running

that's really bad don't do that

it will get more reliable as it goes on and his sampling increase will help a lot

Sendou

According to Steamspy Grimrock 2 barely got to 100.000 sales. :(

If it makes you feel better that's still a whole lot money for two guys to develop a new game. The base price of the game is rather high ($24 / 22€). In addition it hasn't been bundled yet. I think some recent mega successes on Steam have distorted the view we have on reasonable indie game sales a bit.

Goshdarnit. Being sick with a cold sucks so bad.
I better make a list of sucking reason - for you Turfster :)

• Headache
  • Fever
  • Bloodpressure all over the place
  • very easily upset stomach
  • swallowing is a pain
  • nose drips constantly
  • painful sneezing
  • concentration is in the gutter
  • can't sleep but feel tired awake (dafuq?)
I hate the "common" cold so much.

Kaleinc

Banned

• Headache
  • Fever
  • swallowing is a pain
  • nose drips constantly
  • painful sneezing
Not so bad if you hate your job even more :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

• Headache
  • Fever
  • swallowing is a pain
  • nose drips constantly
  • painful sneezing

I saw the bullet points and thought this was an indie bundle, but even IndieRoyale wouldn't bundle the common cold.

Lain

I was roaming the grid and i stumbled upon tribute song for Paul Walker that plays in Furious7 and man

Right+in+the+feels+bro+_1aeada4fc67382ce179131c7182ce979.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzVqwbCrSsQ

I will go to cinema and watch it next week i just hope that i won't cry like a little baby.

I remember being pretty meh on Paul Walker's character and being highly disappointed when the second F&F movie had only him. Then little by little his character started growing on me and then Paul died. Sadness.

It's amazing how people react to stuff that doesn't affect them in any way. I linked Stump's post on the official Elite Dangerous forums and someone decided that only "fanboys" could say such things, because Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom