• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
zky
lewd
i can't shower, now?

Why would you guys shower with your phones? That's just stupid.

so i can play music and sing along duhhhh

i don't use any mode in my games , i heard i could VAC ban ( even if it too low )
i saw this comparison video between DX9 and DX11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuF7ROsEpA

in the game i don't really see that

when i was playing , i was invaded by 3 people
yeah seems like some of the color correction is changed and the contrast is changed but yeah, nothing too crazy

looks a lil better but clearly not a world of difference

Lord, I thoroughly dislike errant signal. He bases all of his reviews on how coherent and political a games story is. It's like the annoying guys in my high school who wouldn't like any music if it wasn't making a statement on the state of the world.
your problem is that you're thinking errant signal's videos as reviews, which they're not

his videos consist of critical analysis that tries to understand what the mechanics and the design choices and aesthetics of a game mean. it's not a "cool gfx, fun gameplay, 40 hours of gameplay, 8/10" thing that's trying to tell you if the dollar per fun ratio is good enough or whatever, he makes critical analysis like you'd do of books and film and whatever. if you don't care about that crap don't watch it, but the guy is specifically grabbing games with content that can be analyzed this way and putting them through a smarter lens.

so you're projecting some weird highschool problem you have there, dood, nothing to do with the real thing

Yay, finally got around to get all achievements on Arkham Asylum <3
ZXTqn9f.png

That Shock and Awe(Extreme) challenge was a pain in the ass.

I tried to get the platin trophy on my PS3 for Arkham Asylum but had to give up. These freeflow challenges were really bad for my blood pressure and I nearly wrecked my controller.

Kifimbo

LucasArts could probably triple this sales number with a decent discount:

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - 7,680 ±5,014

EDIT: Sequel is even worse. Lego Indiana Jones 2 6,827 ±4,727

I really would like to buy and start playing The Talos Principle, but since I really don't have much free time right now (writing my thesis...), I'm a bit reluctant.

Is the game suitable for short sessions (30 minutes to 1h at most).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I really would like to buy and start playing The Talos Principle, but since I really don't have much free time right now (writing my thesis...), I'm a bit reluctant.

yes, absolutely ... it's all divided into short(ish) puzzles ... :)

louiedog

Yep. Don't be too scared by those 20 hour figures people throw around. I did everything but the star puzzles (optional and harder) in 10 or so.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

HEROES AND LEGENDS CONQUERORS OF KOLHAR -- MB-5D002B1C4941EB2C - Taken by titch
RHIANNON CURSE OF THE FOUR BRANCHES -- MB-06E2EE436F9096B1 - Taken by TheMadMan007

HoosTrax

It's amazing how people react to stuff that doesn't affect them in any way. I linked Stump's post on the official Elite Dangerous forums and someone decided that only "fanboys" could say such things, because Steam is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming, etc, etc.
Think I saw the post that you're referring to.

Whenever you come across a super-niche gaming community where people only post on a particular game or developer's forum and don't follow gaming in general, you tend to find people who have really skewed or naive perspective when it comes to Steam.

Final Fantasy IX or X?

Steam's already got 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 13, 13-2 and 14. Just need 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 12.
I'm cautiously optimistic that it's going to be FF6. There's already a mobile port of it right? Should be minimal effort to bring that version to PC? (I know you love minimal effort Squeenix...)

Edit: There's also a mobile version of Chrono Trigger. I'd love to replay that game as well.

---

Btw, I finally understand why the Gymkhana event is so hated in DiRT3. I can do normal, race or rally events just fine without assists. But I can't even get better than bronze in most of the Gymkhana tutorials and drift events.

Parsnip

I admit, I was skeptical, but Dark Souls 2 Scholar edition is giving me what I need from a Dark Souls game. Even though I know the environments, they have mixed up the encounters enough that I can't just yolo everywhere.

And I forgot that Heide Knights are kind of assholes with their weird sword moves.

And that Squenix thing looks like Deus Ex.

milena87

I tried to get the platin trophy on my PS3 for Arkham Asylum but had to give up. These freeflow challenges were really bad for my blood pressure and I nearly wrecked my controller.

Mad props. I have been putting off finishing the combat challenges forever. I just can't get my flow down the way I can in Origins.

Uhm... my brother had problems with these challenges as well. To me, the predator challenges were a lot more difficult, both in this and in AC.

I loved the pace and rhythm of the freeflows challenges :)

I completed AA 3 times. Well, 4, if we consider the challenges that I completed with my brother's profile...
I might be insane

It's a Western Studio, so it won't be anything FF related, seems 50/50 between Hitman and Deus Ex.
"Tomb Raider 2 coming to PC 2016"
"Interactive Experience" rather sounds like either VR or PT-like.
Would be a great decision but leaving the easy money the get by pre-made PC having OEM versions doesn't sound like something any company would do.

Either way, I am positively surprised lately by MicroSoft.

I admit, I was skeptical, but Dark Souls 2 Scholar edition is giving me what I need from a Dark Souls game. Even though I know the environments, they have mixed up the encounters enough that I can't just yolo everywhere.

And I forgot that Heide Knights are kind of assholes with their weird sword moves.

One thing that Souls 2 did really well is disguising attacks. It took me a while to get used to, especially after the previous 2 games with their fairly telegraphed attack sets.

Bloodborne went back to that, by the way. EDIT: That, meaning, the more telegraphed and easy to read attack sequences.

madjoki

Would be a great decision but leaving the easy money the get by pre-made PC having OEM versions doesn't sound like something any company would do.

Open source doesn't mean free (as in no cost). They are entirely different things.

They could still require license to use it.

Everything is an "Interactive Experience" ;)
Haha. You're not wrong. Let's see what it turns out to be.
I am not actually excited for the reveal tbh. Doubt it will be an actual surprise.
Open source doesn't mean free (as in no cost). They are entirely different things.

They could still require license to use it.
Oh yeah, you're right. But if it goes open-source wouldn't it lead to very easily acquirable "free" custom Win10 versions?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey S-E stop being a bunch of stubborn old foggies and get this on Steam already

Also, please don't give us the mobile port which has inferior music, no voice acting, and forced portrait screen orientation. Just give us a real port of the PS2 version with graphics that scale as well as PCSX2 does and controller support and we'll all be happy.

Bonus points for adding achievements, Steam cloud, and trading cards.

Jshacks tells me the port for DQIII is very good, and is on sale this week.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq3_gp

Yep, III was absolutely fantastic. VIII (mobile port), not so much.

Grief.exe

I desperately need for a 3 TB HDD to go on sale. All of my dumped GC/PS2 isos alone take up a massive amount of space, let alone movies, tv shows, etc.

Also, please don't give us the mobile port which has inferior music, no voice acting, and forced portrait screen orientation. Just give us a real port of the PS2 version with graphics that scale as well as PCSX2 does and controller support and we'll all be happy.

Bonus points for adding achievements, Steam cloud, and trading cards.

iEoZCAaCJvove.gif

I'm holding out for their holiday sale where they put like everything at 50% off, even FF titles!

On Play store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom