• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I desperately need for a 3 TB HDD to go on sale. All of my dumped GC/PS2 isos alone take up a massive amount of space, let alone movies, tv shows, etc.

iEoZCAaCJvove.gif

On Play store?

I know they do it every year on iOS. It's how i've bought all of my SE games.

madjoki

Oh yeah, you're right. But if it goes open-source wouldn't it lead to very easily acquirable "free" custom Win10 versions?

Probably, but again they could have licensing preventing that.
Depends on what exactly source code contains.

I doubt this will happen soon and I doubt it will work.
Custom builds would break lot of things, so it wouldn't really make sense to use one.

Linux works because it's very modular and was designed from start. Package managers help a lot too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this the one where the world map looks the Earth, or am I thinking of a different Dragon Warrior game? I remember my mind being blown by that when I first played it.

Yes, the overworld map in III is designed to look like Earth. Kinda.

HoosTrax

Yes, the overworld map in III is designed to look like Earth.
Yesss! That's it. I distinctly remember the cute town names, like the Village of Soo, aka Village of "Sioux".

The Dragon Warrior series has my favorite JRPG bestiary, hands down. The various members of the slime family, all the different dragons, demons, dark knights etc.

Tizoc

Also, please don't give us the mobile port which has inferior music, no voice acting, and forced portrait screen orientation. Just give us a real port of the PS2 version with graphics that scale as well as PCSX2 does and controller support and we'll all be happy.

Bonus points for adding achievements, Steam cloud, and trading cards.

I'll check if any of the DQ games are available in my region and on sale on iOS.

It's a shame that such classic games can't be given the possibility of being preserved through a service like steam :/

Knurek

Also, please don't give us the mobile port which has inferior music, no voice acting, and forced portrait screen orientation. Just give us a real port of the PS2 version with graphics that scale as well as PCSX2 does and controller support and we'll all be happy.

No loading times whenever going into menu pls.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wow there is constant loading in Portal. Each Level. Even though they are so small.

Yeah, Source was already showing its age at that point. Portal 2 exacerbated the problem by having more frequent need for loads since they wanted big, dramatic cinematic pieces.

Source 2 can't come soon enough so that we don't have to put up with that mess in any future (quiet, it'll happen ;_;) Valve titles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll check if any of the DQ games are available in my region and on sale on iOS.

It's a shame that such classic games can't be given the possibility of being preserved through a service like steam :/

I agree. Playing Theatrhythm Dragon Quest lately has been a bit bittersweet, since it's reminded me that we've never got Dragon Quest X here in the States. Which is a shame, I think it could really find a good home on Steam if they ever bothered to translate it (there's already a PC version, no need to port).

Would be amazing, especially with the 3rd expansion pack they're getting ready to release later this month which looks absolutely stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPjfT3VIs8

Maniac

Banned
Haven't played HL / HL / Bioshock, etc

Guilty as charged.
I haven't

You're now all on my shitlist

Ya'll better fix this grave mistake ASAP. Dems some good games.
Yeah, Source was already showing its age at that point. Portal 2 exacerbated the problem by having more frequent need for loads since they wanted big, dramatic cinematic pieces.

Source 2 can't come soon enough so that we don't have to put up with that mess in any future (quiet, it'll happen ;_;) Valve titles.

Well... Atleast we'll get Source 2 games that aren't new! :D

And that's all I'm really expecting. CSGO and Dota 2 on Sauce 2 and maybe, MAYBE Left 4 Dead 3.

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-F5E523DC9FA56DAC - Taken by Majukun. 10 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-0A03638792CD65A3 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-7C2EF650ED97AA62
System Shock 2 -- MB-7EEC92DA80976242
Magicka -- MB-E5FE8BC7D7A16EED - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1428031054z1.png

Surely someone wants these games. They're still available from yesterday.

DmAc2k6

You're now all on my shitlist

Ya'll better fix this grave mistake ASAP. Dems some good games.
I'm gonna buy Half-Life 2 during the Summer Sale. Being a console-exclusive gamer until about three months ago prevented me from really seeing Half-Life for what it is.

Lain

I agree. Playing Theatrhythm Dragon Quest lately has been a bit bittersweet, since it's reminded me that we've never got Dragon Quest X here in the States. Which is a shame, I think it could really find a good home on Steam if they ever bothered to translate it (there's already a PC version, no need to port).

Would be amazing, especially with the 3rd expansion pack they're getting ready to release later this month which looks absolutely stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPjfT3VIs8

I don't think a Dragon Quest MMO would do well in the west, Steam or otherwise, but that's just me.

C4rter

Is it safe to buy Shadow of Mordor from Nuuvem? If I'm in Europe?

Yes, I bought it from there and I'm in Germany.

it's bad no matter where you buy it from

I found it to be pretty entertaining. Story-wise it's not at all that great, but the controls and the stealth and "not-so-stealth" fighting is very entertaining throughout the entire game.

Not very creative though, you pretty much do always the same but because the controls are so smooth it's fun every time.

Lain

About Titan Souls demo, I managed to kill two of those Titans (Cube-eye and Cube-brain). Two-hands is giving me more troubles than Cube-eye did. Sticking my arrow in its weak point for massive damage is proving difficult.

Gotta admit that the puzzle-ish nature of figuring out the boss is interesting, though not grabbing enough for me to want to day 1 it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has Jast said anything about possibly releasing Steins:Gate on Steam?

iirc, it won't be happening for a long time if they're the ones who will be publishing it. Their contract was written pretty tightly and it neglected to include Steam. They claim they can't publish it without that contract expiring first, and 5pb seems pretty dead set on keeping things the way they are. Though, there was a push for the game to show up after Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds hit earlier in the year.

The publisher for Phantom Breaker made a comment on the forums last month about it, but it seems like they're probably just telling everyone the usual "We'll look into it!" to keep people happy.

Blackbird@Degica [developer] Mar 16 @ 5:08pm
Glad to see all the enthusiasm for this. As mentioned above, there are several companies involved with Steins;Gate (it's a complicated situation, legally), so it's a little difficult to say whether we'd be given a chance to bring it to Steam or not. We're definitely aware that there are a lot of Steins;Gate fans who would like to see this though!

derExperte

Isn't the whole image just from RJC?

Probably, the rest was about as forgettable as the main character. Oh my, the game seems to have terrible controls, it played okay on PS3 with a gamepad but the port doesn't support them and apparently forces you to use the keyboard for some stuff. Urgh.

About Titan Souls demo, I managed to kill two of those Titans (Cube-eye and Cube-brain). Two-hands is giving me more troubles than Cube-eye did. Sticking my arrow in its weak point for massive damage is proving difficult.

Hint:
His reach is limited.

jshackles

I don't think a Dragon Quest MMO would do well in the west, Steam or otherwise, but that's just me.

Well apparently that's a view shared by Square Enix so it's not just you.
:(

oipic

8eF2ceP.png

Oh, how could I say no to you my dear Esmeralda?

How could I?

I accepted. Maybe love will blossom.

She gets around, does Esmeralda, the slovenly wench - I dismissed her advances yesterday.

Still, I wish you two well! May the inevitable request that you share your account details/passwords etc blossom into mutual account sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom