• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gets around, does Esmeralda, the slovenly wench - I dismissed her advances yesterday.

Still, I wish you two well! May the inevitable request that you share your account details/passwords etc blossom into mutual account sharing.
Thanks for the heartfelt wishes. I will send you a postcard once things get serious.

Esmeralda is a shy girl. She can't even muster up enough courage to answer me.

How cute.
ia9DYrM.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thanks for the heartfelt wishes. I will send you a postcard once things get serious.

Esmeralda is a shy girl. She can't even muster up enough courage to answer me.

How cute.
ia9DYrM.png

wow ... that's not creepy at all ... not one bit

;)

I'm currently getting lots of friends request from steam, at least once a week from people I don't know and I've been ignoring them all.

I believe my steam items are not viewable to the public.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kickstarter changed designs to make it basically impossible to get basic data on how much money a game made and when its funding ended. I have no idea how this makes anything better for anyone, hiding information like this. So now I'm writing code to automate my KS update thing. Now they're going to have a script screen scraping their site rather than a visitor visiting their site. How is this a win for them?

Old design:
aJH5Fda.png

New design:
pAcVqiH.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Kickstarter changed designs to make it basically impossible to get basic data on how much money a game made and when its funding ended. I have no idea how this makes anything better for anyone, hiding information like this. So now I'm writing code to automate my KS update thing. Now they're going to have a script screen scraping their site rather than a visitor visiting their site. How is this a win for them?

bloop

it still says how much money the project made if you go to the site i think

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it still says how much money the project made if you go to the site i think

It does, yes, but it's extremely difficult to filter through hundreds of projects one by one to get the relevant ones by end date and funding amount. It's fine, I'm a programmer, it's not a problem. But it's just a stupid change and one that doesn't benefit them at all.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Old design:
aJH5Fda.png

New design:
pAcVqiH.png

serif font? my eyes ... MY EYES!!! O_O

why would anyone do that?!?

Miguel81

Nice! Painted World was one of the best areas.
-
On Dragon Quest 8. SE could just put a straight port without any enhancements and it still would look awesome.
Just look at these emulator screens.

Dragon Quest VIII looks really nice running on PCSX2. It's the only title in the series that I played through to the end, and boy was it worth it. An enhanced Steam version of the PS2 game would be a day one purchase.

Maniac

Banned
I'm gonna buy Half-Life 2 during the Summer Sale. Being a console-exclusive gamer until about three months ago prevented me from really seeing Half-Life for what it is.

Hah, fair enough. I'd totally recommend that after you've finished it, you try out the mod "Half-Life 2: Update", it was released on Steam recently and it's pretty darn good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for RunWhiteBoyRun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-8FE6EE2EB1DABD08 - Taken by Vlad

Hope I did this right, it's been a while.

Phinor

They also removed the number of updates on a project and changed the way the updates are shown on the site. I dislike both of these changes. While the old method of showing updates wasn't great either, this one feels like the "make it cool, stylish and condensed" method that never yields results that are actually usable by human beings. Probably hired a new lead developer who brought his/her own vision of web development or something. Now the site is a combination of old and new style and it just doesn't work.

What actually really needs some work is their comment section. Some projects have tens of thousands of comments and there are useful posts among those tens of thousands but the site loads like 50 newest comments and has a button on the bottom of the feed to load the next 50, and then you go back down again to click the next 50, and down, and click and 50, and...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What actually really needs some work is their comment section. Some projects have tens of thousands of comments and there are useful posts among those tens of thousands but the site loads like 50 newest comments and has a button on the bottom of the feed to load the next 50, and then you go back down again to click the next 50, and down, and click and 50, and...

I noticed that Shantae has like 999999999 comments mostly people running what amounts to a chat room and nothing backer or progress related. *barfs*

Whatever, doing all this programatically makes it moot. Wish they had a proper API so I didn't need to hammer their servers to do this.

Edit:
You can view the old-style blog updates by switching /updates to /posts in the URL. No idea why they did it this way, but there you have it.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, the shortly infamous backer thing from eternity got replaced, eh?

cool

there's also an "anti-censorship" mod already if the joke was so funny to you that you feel like you're missing out

can you modders pls get to work on the real important thing aka removing them fucking spiders instead of wasting your time with shitty jokes?

ty

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Whatever, doing all this programatically makes it moot. Wish they had a proper API so I didn't need to hammer their servers to do this.

Story of my life bro

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

cool

there's also an "anti-censorship" mod already if the joke was so funny to you that you feel like you're missing out

can you modders pls get to work on the real important thing aka removing them fucking spiders instead of wasting your time with shitty jokes?

ty

The modders are taking care of the real issue here, making sure people don't get caught in the web of lies spread by the Spider Justice Warriors! Fuck censorship, man!

Lain

ty

I'd rather they made a mod to add even more spiders. How cool would it be to play as a party of spiders?! Pretty cool, I reckon.

MUnited83

For you.

cool

ty
and of course, the steam community forums are now full of gamergate shitheads complaining.

cool

ty
i cant wait till leeg gets a spider champ so you have to play dota with our fun replace the spiders mod

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So,

I've spent the better part of the morning working on new stuff and bug fixes for Enhanced Steam. I have a new version in the works that I'm hoping I can release some time this weekend if everything checks out.

I'm not really looking forward to all of the "What about a Firefox update?" posts which will be inevitable. Which kinda sucks, because I really do wish I had the extra time to update the Firefox app. More than that, I wish that in updating the Firefox app I knew that it wouldn't just all be for nothing in a few months when nobody could install it. I was honestly surprised with the raw outpouring of hate I got over that decision.

Anyway, if you're a Firefox addon developer (or aspiring Firefox addon developer) feel free to get in touch with me if you're interested in continuing development of Enhanced Steam for Firefox.

Otherwise, everyone else using the Chrome version can be on the lookout for a new version of Enhanced Steam soon.

Started playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel again and I was almost instantly reminded of why I dropped the game in the first place, the enemy encounter design in TPS is kind of obnoxious. In Borderlands 2 enemies would respawn more frequently and in smaller numbers. It kind of got to be predictable if you traveled through an area enough times, you would know exactly where enemies would spawn from, how many there would be, if you could ignore them and move on. In TPS enemies spawn less frequently but when they do it's usually a fairly sizeable number, there are staggered waves and a shitton of damage over time weapons. Playing as Athena, in between popping my shields, I'm constantly being downed and saving an enemy for second wind kills. Some of the encounters feel manageable but others feel like these weird difficulty spikes. And I'm not under-leveled or anything, I've done virtually every side quest up to this point.

I checked a walkthrough and I'm pretty much right at the end so I figure I'll stick with it. I do like the humor and some of the quest designs enough. May as well get to True Vault Hunter mode with at least one toon.

zkylon

zkylewd
Despicable, time to ask for a refund.
and of course, the steam community forums are now full of gamergate shitheads complaining.
delicious

I'd rather they made a mod to add even more spiders. How cool would it be to play as a party of spiders?! Pretty cool, I reckon.
im fine with dat, just do my mod too

and quick pls

The modders are taking care of the real issue here, making sure people don't get caught in the web of lies spread by the Spider Justice Warriors! Fuck censorship, man!
gross

i cant wait till leeg gets a spider champ so you have to play dota with our fun replace the spiders mod

there's already one

but she's kinda cute

The replacement is perfect and was made by the original backer anyway.

Pokes fun at everyone.
yea that's pretty gold

She looks pretty cool. I've always preferred the LoL designs to the Dota ones.
yea you can kind of tell they actually tried to not make it really bad cos it barely has an effect on me while doto's spider champion is pretty scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom