• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants Talos Principle for 7,50$, I can hook you up, since I am in China.

Got one for Maniac already. Will be out later though and be back in about 12-13 hours.
Neat, just PM me when you get back and I'll paypal you the money if that's an option
PM'd as well.

Thanks in advance!
I'll PM you as well. But I won't send money.
Is that still cool?

;)

Smash88

Banned
Funnily enough, the people who wanted to keep the joke in do the exact same shit(take a little look at the community forums. People are getting offended that they replaced that crappy joke. People asking for refunds because of that. Idiots saying they won't ever support Obsidian again. A whole lot of Gamergate shitheads that care way too much about something so little).

Nothing was removed, just replaced btw, and Obsidian said themselves that the joke wouldn't be there in the first place if its content were vetted properly.

I think removing text (or replacing if you want to argue semantics) is still ridiculous. The joke is a joke, it really was not transphobic as many claimed and it was honestly innocent in nature, whether he was drunk and didn't know or what have you. To get so offended by a joke that you need it to be removed (or changed) is still a ridiculous notion nonetheless. I'm not defending any of the people asking for refunds or threatening them, I'm just voicing my opinion. I just hate how every time you have an opposing opinion people automatically group/label you into a category, rather than looking at it objectively. It's an innocent joke, that was taken out of context, because people want to feel relevant or offended in order to prove whatever illogical point of view they have.

Talos is amazing, easily worth any price they ask. For 7.50 it's something you don't even need to think about.

I think removing text (or replacing if you want to argue semantics) is still ridiculous. The joke is a joke, it really was not transphobic as many claimed and it was honestly innocent in nature, whether he was drunk and didn't know or what have you. To get so offended by a joke that you need it to be removed (or changed) is still a ridiculous notion nonetheless. I'm not defending any of the people asking for refunds or threatening them, I'm just voicing my opinion. I just hate how every time you have an opposing opinion people automatically group/label you into a category, rather than looking at it objectively. It's an innocent joke, that was taken out of context, because people want to feel relevant or offended in order to prove whatever illogical point of view they have.

I thought it was transphobic (or could be taken as such, not saying that the writer's intention was that)
Of course, everybody has different opinions.

I jumped on the deal the day it became available, but it makes you think, what prompted Rockstar to price it as it is.

I also wonder. I can understand Talos Principle though. The game even has chinese voice acting.

I think for Steam to become popular in China, more publishers would need to offer better prices like that. No one would pay 500RMB for a game.

I also wonder. I can understand Talos Principle though. The game even has chinese voice acting.

I think for Steam to become popular in China, more publishers would need to offer better prices like that. No one would pay 500RMB for a game.
And no one did, Chinese store's pricing is mostly the same as US's.

inm8num2

Talos Principle is gonna get bundled eventually isn't it?

It's on the Humble Store, so I could see it turning up in a future weekly bundle as a $15 tier or something similar. They don't have a DRM-free version there so as of now it wouldn't be a candidate for a main numbered bundle.

Still, if the past couple years have taught us anything most of these games end up in bundles or heavily discounted within a year.

robotrock

Banned
damn, should have bought mortal kombat x from the greenmangaming VIP store when i had the chance. it's no longer $43

edit: oh wait nevermind, this coupon brings it down to $46 SAVE22-OVERHO-LIDAYS

Shadownet

Banned
Someone explain to me what is The Talos Principle. Everyone seem to be loving it yet I don't know what it is. It seem like it's a puzzle game or something?

Someone explain to me what is The Talos Principle. Everyone seem to be loving it yet I don't know what it is. It seem like it's a puzzle game or something?

It's a first-person puzzle game. I haven't played it, so it's probably similar to RealMYST or Mind: Path to Thalamus.

Kagemusha

20OFFE-RENADB-SJUGCV at GreenManGaming will get you Pay Day 2 for $4.80

Is it bad that I bought it just so I can put on my Humble Bundle werewolf mask DLC?

Can anyone recommend me some more PC centric podcast? GAF recommendations all lean too much to the console side for my taste(I do listen to Giant Bombcast though.)
It was a long time ago, but I still remember vividly how nauseous that game made me. Really just a terrible experience trying to play it.
I literally can't play more than 20 minutes without feeling sick.

zkylon

zkylewd
you're making unfounded personal judgements over the people that felt offended by it

you're electing to believe that "social justice warriors" forced obsidian to change their game because they're illogical and have "a need to feel relevant" or whatever over obsidian's own word when they said that "it was an oversight and they would've vetted it if they had caught it themselves"

and actually the joke they replaced it with is much more funny

but hey if you feel so strongly about it ask for a refund

MUnited83

For you.

As Evilore said on the PE thread, that joke was never supposed to be in the game in the first place. There's no discussion here.

Feargus even came out and said that it wouldn't have been in the game in the first place had the piece of backer content been vetted properly. And I don't see Obsidian coming to any substantive PR harm had they just ignored the whole issue, so it was their call to freely make and they made it. The backer's replacement is even self-aware and funny, an improvement over what was originally submitted. This thread isn't an ideological battleground. Let's move on.

Also...
I just hate how every time you have an opposing opinion people automatically group/label you into a category

Isn't exactly this what you did by labeling people with different opinions as SWJs?o_O

edit: also what zkylon said.

It took me almost as long to finish dr robotnik in sonic 4 episode one as it did for me to clear all the stages to get to him. That final gauntlet is a bunch of bullshit that even the genesis games didn't try.

That fucking game, if it was a disc I think I would've snapped it shortly after finishing it.

Jawmuncher

I should have played games today and all I managed was like 20 minutes of Prototype 2.
Was liking the improvements there though from Prototype 1 though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
10855127_746116082172893_5063593448811223885_o.jpg
Someone might be pleased with this. I wonder who?...

Cth

It was a long time ago, but I still remember vividly how nauseous that game made me. Really just a terrible experience trying to play it.

Same here.

Tried on PC, got too sick. Like others, it was my gateway to Steam originally.

Years later, when it came to Xbox via The Orange Box I tried it again, ended up getting some motion sickness again. I think I got as far as the jet ski thing (I think?)

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Orborun -- MB-79BE17912F3BF5FF - Taken by bobnowhere
Tidalis -- MB-A28B97C27B2E84E6 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Tower Wars -- MB-AF4E8106F87556BC - Taken by Sarcasm
Ocean City Racing -- MB-46F0C0D922252080 - Taken by texhnolyze
Shattered Haven -- MB-0BA8402DC0229F3B - Taken by Eila

That new Dragon's Dogma trailer almost made me want to replay the game.
I changed my mind though after remembering the framerates on PS3.

ExoSoul

Banned
That new Dragon's Dogma trailer almost made me want to replay the game.
I changed my mind though after remembering the framerates on PS3.

They were bad but not that bad... If anything you should play it even more cause then you'll be like "oh man, I can't wait for the new one to come out, i won't have to suffer this shit :D"

dot

They're not steam keys, you gotta download the Triad Wars installer and then redeem the key in that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Triad Wars Closed Beta #5 -- MB-273C2D1B881C80B2 - Taken by 7Sins
Triad Wars Closed Beta -- MB-9B62AFAE10DFCF3D
Triad Wars Closed Beta #4 -- MB-5F4294A3713B77B3 - Taken by xezuru
Triad Wars Closed Beta #3 -- MB-53B46580C40C8809 - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun
Triad Wars Closed Beta #2 -- MB-EEBA897EC8D42D6E - Taken by AztecSoul

They were bad but not that bad... If anything you should play it even more cause then you'll be like "oh man, I can't wait for the new one to come out, i won't have to suffer this shit :D"

Lol, I guess you're right. But I'm fine for now, still have games I need to finish.
Perhaps I'll replay it later if they actually announce the localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom