• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went onto Steam and of course, I am greeted by this. Haven't had them in a long while though.
fkh9JHj.png

Anyways, back into the spirit of the Steam thread (sorry, no MnF).
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook -- MB-1AF5AF6AA9A374B3 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.
99 Spirits -- MB-80F9B37DE7CD04B0 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia (with Soundtrack) -- MB-31E79907310990BF - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 3 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-CA50BCEDDEE998C4 - Taken by gabbo. 6 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook -- MB-C2A63DCD9946FEAA - Taken by Catshade. 7 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-F10659CE7E42E7ED - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Analogue: A Hate Story With Soundtrack -- MB-6191A5880E7E9695 - Taken by GaussTek. 5 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Complete Pack -- MB-575558267480E451 - Taken by Kanokare. 6 entrants total.

t1428220006z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Triad Wars Beta -- MB-DC7DA986E1C0A6BD
Triad Wars Beta #3 -- MB-2A1545738BF59CFD - Taken by WeaselJCD
Triad Wars Beta #4 -- MB-07F152B6BDEE68D4
Triad Wars Beta #2 -- MB-B47B4E950ED01FF2 - Taken by ngt
Triad Wars Beta #5 -- MB-9F78CF4A0BDABB73

ExoSoul

Banned
I've got a question: I have a DRM free version of Luftrausers that I sometimes play when I'm idling for cards or in-between games for a quick run. Thing is I've gotten further in that version than on the Steam version, will there be any problems with VAC if I copy the non-DRM save file to Steam's folder?

Anteater

There are plenty to play on each platform given that most games on pc are on consoles and vice versa, it's like people don't count all the multiplat games as games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've got a question: I have a DRM free version of Luftrausers that I sometimes play when I'm idling for cards or in-between games for a quick run. Thing is I've gotten further in that version than on the Steam version, will there be any problems with VAC if I copy the non-DRM save file to Steam's folder?

No. The DRM-free version likely doesn't have achievement triggers, anyway.

enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Drakensang: The River of Time -- MB-8D0BDB6878BEF993 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.

t1428148059z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Survivors -- MB-807C23359ACC2CF4 - Taken by Sarcasm
Make it Indie -- MB-F36DB94B38DA82D9 - Taken by drakaenae
Isaac the Adventurer -- MB-251C035245446F5D - Taken by WinterDemons
Hare in the Hat -- MB-E031F5D268EE960B - Taken by Eila

Pahelika: Revelations HD -- MB-2472D96831371F16 - Taken by nightstorm

_hekk05

Banned
Console games might as well not exist. There won't even be a difference in hyperbole in console threads.

After a hiatus (non self-imposed), I'm back. Also, is frost back yet?

And because I read the OP, bloodborne is amazing.

Also Jasec: If I buy gurumin in the singapore store, is it region locked?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
console gamers: if only there was a platform in which we could play bloodborne without 40s loading screens

pc gamers: if only we could play bloodborne

Bloodborne is gud but the loading times suck. The only quick loading time is going to The Hunter's Dream, but going to any actual huge area takes forever. (Also before I stopped playing tonight things got weird.)

Beat Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel with Athena tonight, some cheese-ass bosses towards the end of the game but that's kind of par for the course with this series. Overall I enjoyed it, Athena bordered on being kind of broken with the highest tier Xiphos skill. Darting all over the place making people explode. Not gonna lie, was pretty damn fun. Got a few quests left to clear and the dlc expansion to playthrough before going into TVH mode. Dunno about the raid boss, those are never fun and always seem to require broken ass loot builds to beat.

i have the game on family sharing but have yet to play it still. Back in the day I actually bought BL2 for 360 along with the Mechromancer and never got farther than the tutorial. I will say though that I really like the designs of both Nisha and Athena though. Nisha is my go to character now in Dance Central.

If you're going to play The Pre-Sequel at all, you should probably go with Nisha. Her overall DPS and her ability apparently makes her an easier character to play as. Athena was pretty frustrating up until I hit level 25. Then it was like easy-mode activated.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bloodborne is gud but the loading times suck. The only quick loading time is going to The Hunter's Dream, but going to any actual huge area takes forever. (Also before I stopped playing tonight things got weird.)
hopefully that'll get improved with patches so at least console gamers get to enjoy the game :/

better someone than no one i guess

sadly that someone isn't me ;_;

_hekk05

Banned

dammit volvo why do you stop me from giving away gurumin?

Also I really enjoy bloodborne. Shame its probably never going to come out on PC.

That said, some of the enemy designs I've seen give me nightmares. I had to stop for a few days.

dex3108

console gamers: if only there was a platform in which we could play bloodborne without 40s loading screens

pc gamers: if only we could play bloodborne

We got Cities Skylines and PoE in March, last year we got for example Wasteland 2 and Divinity so PC gamers are fine :D

def sim

huh

in the original that area is filled with the big statue guys as well as a few of those drake knights or whatever they're called

and they would ran at you on sight

dunno how it is in the ripoff edition

Hm haven't been. They didn't multiply the statue knights over near the Heide tower so I'm hoping for the best.

Maniac

Banned
That's the Gastralia dude.

So if that Faceless Rex makes it in, does that mean you'll play dota with me? ;3
yeah i heard they changed the whole ending to a qte now

damn those fucking feminists

but why doesn't it make sense?

it's not like if you're an artist but can't get out of bronze you're not gonna get hired

tho they probably make sure their employees are outstanding players as far as toxicity is concerned, which i'm not really against

Does Pendragon still work at Riot? If so, they don't give a shit about toxicity among the employees.
Funnily enough, the people who wanted to keep the joke in do the exact same shit(take a little look at the community forums. People are getting offended that they replaced that crappy joke. People asking for refunds because of that. Idiots saying they won't ever support Obsidian again. A whole lot of Gamergate shitheads that care way too much about something so little).

Nothing was removed, just replaced btw, and Obsidian said themselves that the joke wouldn't be there in the first place if its content were vetted properly.

Oi, I'm not a GG shithead! I'm just tired of everyone being offended by the silliest things that aren't at all meant to offend. Nowadays everything is a personal insult to people. It's ridiculous, really.

Mind you, the overzealous "SJW"s are getting to as bad a level as the GG shitheads, getting offended by something noone else gets offended by, making everything a personal slight against them and defending those that don't need defending. Ofcourse that doesn't even take into account that they've started harassing people too :/

I wish this whole GG thing had never happened. Sure, I want more journalistic integrity, but I don't want it through a campaign that's used by thousands of people as a guise for harassment.

Also, I'd like to point out that the joke, offensive or not, really did... Fit really well with the awful world that PoE takes place in :p

I really felt like an awful person when I chuckled at what they'd nicknamed Hollowborn in Defiance Bay...
"Buoys", because so many ended up floating in the bay
>_<

Super dark. But then again, it fits, what with
infanticide
being thé central-most plot point.

Honestly, I wish the world was a lot more offensive, because it feels a bit tame compared to what you'd expect in that kind of world, y'know? That might just be me, though. :s

Edit: Writing this out I laughed at the
dead-baby-buoys
again. God damnit -_-

_hekk05

Banned
Funnily enough, the people who wanted to keep the joke in do the exact same shit(take a little look at the community forums. People are getting offended that they replaced that crappy joke. People asking for refunds because of that. Idiots saying they won't ever support Obsidian again. A whole lot of Gamergate shitheads that care way too much about something so little).

Nothing was removed, just replaced btw, and Obsidian said themselves that the joke wouldn't be there in the first place if its content were vetted properly.

Do you really believe that though? The replacement joke is making fun of people who get offended easily and a new twitter shitstorm is beginning. Obsidian wouldn't be able to use the same excuse again.

The backer in question did say that Obsidian asked him if he wanted to change the poem. He didn't sound too happy about it, and I imagine that most backers would accept such a proposal from a studio they liked so much they gave them money before they got a game in return. It was ultimately his choice though.

The more important thing is that Obsidian actually caved to people who get offended over everything, and asked a backer to bail themselves out (and most backers wouldn't be such dicks as to refuse). They prioritised some random offendatron on twitter over an actual backer.

That says something about a studio, especially with them waxing about how the game would be funded by fans and made for fans.

I'll still get the game, after I finish bloodborne and its on sale.

Maniac

Banned
Do you really believe that though? The replacement joke is making fun of people who get offended easily and a new twitter shitstorm is beginning. Obsidian wouldn't be able to use the same excuse again.

The backer in question did say that Obsidian asked him if he wanted to change the poem. He didn't sound too happy about it, and I imagine that most backers would accept such a proposal from a studio they liked so much they gave them money before they got a game in return. It was ultimately his choice though.

The more important thing is that Obsidian actually caved to people who get offended over everything, and asked a backer to bail themselves out (and most backers wouldn't be such dicks as to refuse). They prioritised some random offendatron on twitter over an actual backer.

That says something about a studio, especially with them waxing about how the game would be funded by fans and made for fans.

All legitimately good points, imo.

I do love the replacement as it basically makes fun of everyone that got offended and overreacted to the old one. Good stuff.

----------------

Is anyone here interested in Triad Wars? I've got 5 shiny new beta keys from United Frontier! It's not on Steam yet, mind you. They're using their own launcher. Shout at me over PM or in the thread or something and I'll send one your way. :)

_hekk05

Banned
Well, Im a multiplattform gamer (PS4, XBone, Wii U, PC, 3DS and Vita) so I guess I win. :)

#multiplattformmasterrace

So jelly. Am PS4, PC (shitty laptop) and Vita peasant. I already have a disgusting amount of backlog and its not decreasing in size anytime soon.

fantomena

So jelly. Am PS4, PC (shitty laptop) and Vita peasant. I already have a disgusting amount of backlog and its not decreasing in size anytime soon.

We have high wages in Norway so it's not very difficulty to have enough money to be a multiplattform gamer with a strong PC here.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, Im a multiplattform gamer (PS4, XBone, Wii U, PC, 3DS and Vita) so I guess I win. :)

#multiplattformmasterrace

I just don't have an Xbone there, but if D4 and Scalebound make it to PC I don't think there is anything else I'd want enough to get one since CAVE is pretty much a mobile dev now.

_hekk05

Banned
I accidentally a ModBot so here it is lol

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-4EB8FE94FBE4D807 - Taken by ExoSoul

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Total War Battles Kingdom Dragon Crest -- MB-374E131FDE321DE7 - Taken by Intel

ViviOggi

I'd rather AFA and zky had taken over the thread with their leeg talk than this shit flaring up again

Stop getting offended by developers reacting to criticism

zkylon

zkylewd
Does Pendragon still work at Riot? If so, they don't give a shit about toxicity among the employees.

i think he does but tbh i don't think i've heard anyone talk about him in all my years of playing league

but like he's from the original rito staff back in the times when rito wasn't as awesome as it is now

i mean they're still shit about lots of things but generally they're really a cool and humble company that knows how to give ppl what they want. sadly enough most (not all, but most) of rito's bad stuff comes from how haphazardly the whole thing was built

it's crazy to imagine how good doto's client is compared to league's, in which actually changing the order of your rune and masteries pages requires an external app, in which your death recap makes no sense whatsoever, you can't play across multiple servers with the same account, there is no official replay system, etc.

anyways, i dunno about pendragon, really. i never heard anyone mention him once so i dunno. most of the rioters seem like cool people (like most devs, really)

Hm haven't been. They didn't multiply the statue knights over near the Heide tower so I'm hoping for the best.

i'm hoping they did more than multiply enemies tho

i mean, let's be serious about this

it's a small message most people weren't gonna read and that most people that read it wouldn't really care. it's written by a random backer and doesn't represent obsidian in the slightest. it's not "censorship" and obsidian's original vision (which by their own say would involve not having that message if they had known before) isn't compromised a bit by removing it. it doesn't affect the actual non shit parts of the game in the slightest, so whoever pretends this is a "big deal" is wrong

south park was already a super offensive game, ppl at obs are no strangers to that kind of humor, so it got pointed out that the joke was offensive, and they felt it had no place in the game, so they changed it.

obsidian and the backer both have said they didn't have much of a problem with this. you can choose not to believe them but really why would they lie. if obs didn't care about the statements that could be made in their games they could've chosen to just leave it be and that "random twitter person" didn't matter, and would've avoided a shitstorm by closet gamergate backers or whatever the shit these people asking for refunds and calling obsidian spineless are

the easy choice for obs here was to not do anything, it wasn't a top story on kotaku or rps or polygon or anything. it wasn't generating a shit ton of traction, obs didn't cave to anyone, they just went "this person might be right, let's consult with the backer, and see if we can come with a solution that everyone's happy with"

and they did, and the backer (who seems to be a really unpleasant person from reading some of his posts) got to make another one he was happy with. the fact that he talks about the new message as him "insulting the bitches who whined" is kind of awful cos the new memorial thing sounded like a cute jab without much actual aggression, but w/e, if he's happy and obs is happy and the evil feminazis are happy then what is this about

I'd rather AFA and zky had taken over the thread with their leeg talk than this shit flaring up again

Stop getting offended by developers reacting to criticism
who's afa

also yup, if your reaction to overreaction is overreacting yourself then you're being pretty silly lol

instead of going conspiracy theory just accept the developers' stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom