• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

The quality of Gurumin makes up for all the crap games that got onto Steam by giving away keys for Greenlight votes. Great little game.

baterism

The quality of Gurumin makes up for all the crap games that got onto Steam by giving away keys for Greenlight votes. Great little game.

Yeah, it's pretty good. The animations are varied and the platforming is solid. I remember some peps want the resurgence of 3D platforming, tell them to tried Gurumin.
But I can play it for long at one time. It just as nausea inducing as HL for me.

I still feel bad for getting it for free. I might do a giveaway someday
(no, not for you non-ASEAN peps)

Hum hum, Pillars is downloading another patch, 579MB. Wonder what it could be.

Also, lots of butthurt over the limerick change in the Steam discussions. Good lord.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey for those who have play Dark Souls 1 with a Strength build, what is a good Strength weapons in the game? I got the Demon Mace but I can't use that til I got 46 STR, currently using the Zweihander +10. I was looking up greatswords and noticed I can make the Artorias one, but it seems that I need 18-20 in both Faith and Intelligence to use it? Pretty much seems useless for me now. Started STR character to use badass greatswords, but it seems like the only 2 I can actually use are the Kalameet and Gywn ones, but those are pretty much the end of the game, I want something to get me there hahaha.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey for those who have play Dark Souls 1 with a Strength build, what is a good Strength weapons in the game? I got the Demon Mace but I can't use that til I got 46 STR, currently using the Zweihander +10. I was looking up greatswords and noticed I can make the Artorias one, but it seems that I need 18-20 in both Faith and Intelligence to use it? Pretty much seems useless for me now. Started STR character to use badass greatswords, but it seems like the only 2 I can actually use are the Kalameet and Gywn ones, but those are pretty much the end of the game, I want something to get me there hahaha.

Zwei +15 and the Artorias Greatshield are a broken combo for Strength builds.The RT attack with the Zwei can flatten Silver Knights in Anor Londo, it's hilarious and amazing.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hum hum, Pillars is downloading another patch, 579MB. Wonder what it could be.

Also, lots of butthurt over the limerick change in the Steam discussions. Good lord.

I assume it's this hotfix:

Note: We currently have an issue with adventurer hall-created companions not being able to lockpick on old saves. We are looking to hotfix it, but if you feel this will affect you, you may want to wait on the hotfix.

Can you turn off download scheduling? For some reason steam decided it wasn't going to download the PoE patch for 3 hours unless I manually initiated it.

Hugstable

Banned
Zwei +15 and the Artorias Greatshield are a broken combo for Strength builds.The RT attack with the Zwei can flatten Silver Knights in Anor Londo, it's hilarious and amazing.

Yeah I've been noticing how strong that overhead swing is, completely wrecks everything. The game started out way harder than my DEX build, cause I had the Uchi early on, but now I'm just rolling through everything. Just did Sif, and heading to finish up Anor Londo inner portion. Been 2-handing alot and rolling around, Bloodborne brainwashed me into not using a shield anymore lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah I've been noticing how strong that overhead swing is, completely wrecks everything. The game started out way harder than my DEX build, cause I had the Uchi early on, but now I'm just rolling through everything. Just did Sif, and heading to finish up Anor Londo inner portion. Been 2-handing alot and rolling around, Bloodborne brainwashed me into not using a shield anymore lol

It's easy enough to swap between two-handing it and rolling with a shield. I switch between the two stances quite often during boss fights because the damage bonus is worth it when you have good attack openings (or if you want to cut off a tail).

Deitus

With a STR build, you are generally going to be 2-handing weapons, especially a great hammer, so you would actually only need 31 STR to wield the Demon's Great Hammer.

I've never done an STR build, but I've heard good things about Demon's Greataxe, Black Knight's Greatsword, and of course Zweihander.

And yeah, Artorias' Greatsword is only really useful with a very specialized build.

Hugstable

Banned
With a STR build, you are generally going to be 2-handing weapons, especially a great hammer, so you would actually only need 31 STR to wield the Demon's Great Hammer.

I've never done an STR build, but I've heard good things about Demon's Greataxe, Black Knight's Greatsword, and of course Zweihander.

And yeah, Artorias' Greatsword is only really useful with a very specialized build.

Sweet, probably gonna stick with the Zwei til I can upgrade my Demon's mace to get a bit stronger, which should last me good til I find the badass greatsword of my dreams. Holy crap my Zwei is strong though. I'm 2-shotting the big bitches in Anor Londo right now, it's beautiful

ExoSoul

Banned
Currently working on A+-ing all chapters of Hotline Miami. I'm glad they didn't patch the drill exploit, things were much harder without it, but level 10 is still a thing. I'm currently sitting at A and my best score was a few k short from A+ T_T

FTL is still a mystery for me, but one I want to unravel myself instead of looking up some guide. But is it really helpful to disable the advanced edition's content in the first runs?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
10845794_746157205502114_230441199346020098_o.jpg
Closest thing to a new Dino Crisis.

Eila

Looking at websites like SteamSpy, you know what we need, in this era of bundles and steam sales? A website that filters your own game list in genres and lets you order by critical response, be it metacritic and/or Steam's own. Or maybe it exists and I'm not aware of it.
I just don't know what to play next.

baterism

Closest thing to a new Dino Crisis.

Lol that's amazing.

But a pack doesnt really make sense to me. If you just play with Ayane, why would I want the costumes for all the other characters?

Especially if you cant even play online yet.

I saw one of Doa5 DLC pack snuggle into top 10, on 8th place several days ago if I remember correctly. TK strategy at least work to some people then. I can't imagine buying it even on 75% though. And now mod floodgate is just about to be opened....

Edit: DS2 SotFN suddenly doubled the price in Indonesian market. Yesterday was really a price glitch then (almost 50% off). Not like I can trade key it, though.

Looking at websites like SteamSpy, you know what we need, in this era of bundles and steam sales? A website that filters your own game list in genres and lets you order by critical response, be it metacritic and/or Steam's own. Or maybe it exists and I'm not aware of it.
I just don't know what to play next.
List view in steam. Not by genre unless you've made the categories.

Hugstable

Banned
Everyone complains about Lost Izalith being the worst part of Dark Souls. Hell no, fuck that. The 2 Heavy Archers on the roofside tilings of Anor Londo right before you get into the inner part is easily the worst part of this game. Seriously, this part is complete bullshit.

I hope I don't get stuck on this for like a week like last time :-X

Mad props. I have been putting off finishing the combat challenges forever. I just can't get my flow down the way I can in Origins.
Thanks :) and yeah, at first, i felt the same, but because i had to finish the game first, i had the chance to get accustomed to it again.

I tried to get the platin trophy on my PS3 for Arkham Asylum but had to give up. These freeflow challenges were really bad for my blood pressure and I nearly wrecked my controller.
At times, i felt like that too. some are really infuriating.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You guys got me buying stationary. Happy now?

One Of Us. One Of Us.

once a friend of mine puked over a cooking pot full of noodles

top 3 most disgusting things i've ever seen for sure

I saw a chain-reaction puke at elementary school once. One kid went, then the next one started blowing chunks because they were squeamish, and then the next dude.

It was kinda like a row of fountains, but barf. So gross. @_@

It does involve you my love.

YOU DON'TJ:OSJKF:OISJEF:SEJ NO

NO WE AR E NOT TALKINABOUT THIS

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Well that's helpful. About half of my games on steam don't have a metacritic score, but it's a start.
I will be trying Far Cry soon. I had forgotten that I bought the series a while back :p

I've never played the first one, but the second one is a pretty interesting game. Typically described as 'user hostile' for it's dedication to immersive mechanics. I'm halfway tempted to suggest you track down some of the 'realism' mods that have come out for it for your first playthrough. Enemies tend towards bullet sponginess to a silly degree on the Hard difficulty, but the harder difficulties help sell the desperate nature of the overall theme of the game and of the gameplay. Or just play it on easy.

Mokoi

Banned
How do I make dirt 3 go fullscreeno? There is no option. Help.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. Masing buttons worked.

zkylon

zkylewd
It does involve you my love.
i don't want to be involved with anything puke -__-

I saw a chain-reaction puke at elementary school once. One kid went, then the next one started blowing chunks because they were squeamish, and then the next dude.

It was kinda like a row of fountains, but barf. So gross. @_@

oh yea that happened to me also

i was like 10 and we were coming back from my brother's birthday party with my brother, his friends and my dad in a cab and i guess the hotdogs or whatever weren't so good so everybody started vomiting and like getting grossed out and vomiting again and again

my dad ended up cleaning the taxi when we got home lol

see that's why i don't have kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom