• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Uhu, what happened with Obsidian?
a reward for backers was writing something that shows up as a memorial that you can optionally find through the game

a backer wrote one as a limerick thing about a guy that sleeps with a woman that turns out to be a man and so the first guy kills himself in shame

a woman on twitter (i don't know who she is?) considered that to be transphobic and asked for it to be removed. some people agreed. there was not much hate directed at obsidian or the backer that i know of

obs said they'll look into it

shortly after the backer got asked to write a new message and he changed it for another limerick poking fun at the original joke and at people getting offended over it. according to obs they thought the original was inappropriate but had missed it, so they're happy with the change, and the backer sounded a bit jaded but ultimately pleased with the end result

people are now saying obs are self-censoring or compromising too much or being too soft and agreeing to change to whatever's asked for them. some people on their forums are asking for refunds and calling obs "spineless" and other nonsense. total biscuit ranted for 10 minutes about it but i dunno if anyone wants to listen to 10 minutes of gamergate agenda

that's about it i think in the least opinionated way i can think of

but basically ppl overreacted about a midly offensive joke, obs changed it because who the fuck cares about that shitty joke anyways and then other people overreacted about that

_hekk05

Banned
Sorry I accidentally a ModBot, and ExoSoul already had it. Its a dummy code so PM me if you win and I'll PM you the address (its a steam gift).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-48C90D0F7CF2A4B3 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 13 entrants total.

t1428155141z1.png

fantomena

Got an itch for some space games, so im currently installing Elite: Dangerous (didn't have the time to install it yesterday when I bought it), X3: Terran Conflict, X: Rebirth and Kerbal.

Gonna be fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
A Fish Aficionado (edit: sorry I spelled your name wrong)

Maybe I'm just a huge skeptic. I smell so much bullshit. Its probably my military training.
well no offense but your smell vs obs' word i take obs' word

like i said, they already made a hugely offensive game, if they thought the joke was offensive enough that it was funny they would've probably kept it. new vegas and alpha protocol were also quite humorously offensive at times, while at the same being very inclusive

simple answer is "it wasn't up to standards", and it really wasn't

it's a lame joke, let's not talk about "bullshit"

Harsh dude rejecting your gill-bearing husbando like that
i dunno what that means but ehh pls no more husbandos

AHA-Lambda

people are now saying obs are self-censoring or compromising too much or being too soft and agreeing to change to whatever's asked for them. some people on their forums are asking for refunds and calling obs "spineless" and other nonsense. total biscuit ranted for 10 minutes about it but i dunno if anyone wants to listen to 10 minutes of gamergate agenda

=/
Link?

_hekk05

Banned

like i said, they already made a hugely offensive game, if they thought the joke was offensive enough that it was funny they would've probably kept it. new vegas and alpha protocol were also quite humorously offensive at times, while at the same being very inclusive

People find the strangest things to be offended by nowadays. Plus, years of reading bullshit PR statements have me jaded. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Also Fish <==> Gills

Knurek

Oh bullshit, why the hell do I have to enable Aero of all things to get VSYNC in Marlow Briggs. Otherwise, even with it enabled ingame and forced through Nvidia Inspector I get massive amounts of tearing.
I mean, sure, it's one click before starting the game, than another to disable the blasted thing, but still... Who writes shit like that?

zkylon

zkylewd

here: https://soundcloud.com/totalbiscuit/pillars-of-transphobia

i dropped it at minute 4~ since he was going with the argument that the joke made sense "in-universe", which makes no sense as it's a fantasy universe in which whatever obsidian decides to do is right instead of whatever european stereotype totalbiscuit wants to come up with that fits his argument best

he might turn it around in the other 6 minutes but ehhh, most likely not

People find the strangest things to be offended by nowadays. Plus, years of reading bullshit PR statements have me jaded. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
i don't think they're now being offended by these things

i think a lot of people needed an outlet to express their discomfort about some of these things, that were affecting them for a while but weren't ever given ears to speak to. and while this one in particular is no biggie, in these last few years, things are changing in what is considered ok in videogames

in my opinion it's mostly for the better, as diversity and sensitivity are values i think are important, as i'm very unconvinced about the benefits of the opposite

Also Fish <==> Gills
had to google gills

between my stupidity and my ignorance and my non-native-englishness i have trouble with less common words sometimes

No idea, but they said they'd notify the people selected by April 3rd. Naturally I wasn't selected but I was curious if anyone here got in.

Welp, looks like I didn't get the invite either.
They're also saying that they'll give more invites as the beta progress, so there's still hope I guess.

Anyway, looks like I got Triad Wars beta invites instead, 5 keys.
Just quote this post to reveal the keys. I hope I'm doing it right.
9CBDEDFB-999B-412B-8912-4B7B884739A8
7B57E255-532A-47FC-81C4-A348E1684ADE
248599D5-1DCC-4484-8748-F21F0EB5404E
A30C4EED-9746-4384-9D23-CCF57685AABC
D4AAD221-54CE-46FB-9964-1F36FC4C759A

derExperte

Letter Quest makes me realize how awfully limited my English vocabulary is. Good purchase for the current price.

Just quote this post to reveal the keys. I hope I'm doing it right.

Hope is the first step on the road to horrible failure*. Or something like that.

*This probably applies to Triad Wars itself too, has anyone dared to play it**?

**Server Error 500 Sorry, there are problems connecting to the server. Please reload the page or try again. Try again. Go home.

Wrack $1 https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Maniac

Banned
i think he does but tbh i don't think i've heard anyone talk about him in all my years of playing league

but like he's from the original rito staff back in the times when rito wasn't as awesome as it is now

i mean they're still shit about lots of things but generally they're really a cool and humble company that knows how to give ppl what they want. sadly enough most (not all, but most) of rito's bad stuff comes from how haphazardly the whole thing was built

it's crazy to imagine how good doto's client is compared to league's, in which actually changing the order of your rune and masteries pages requires an external app, in which your death recap makes no sense whatsoever, you can't play across multiple servers with the same account, there is no official replay system, etc.

anyways, i dunno about pendragon, really. i never heard anyone mention him once so i dunno. most of the rioters seem like cool people (like most devs, really)

Pendragon still routinely bans players simply for not doing as he tells them to. He says he'll go mid, another guy says he wants mid and Pendragon will fucking ban the playey. If they need a support and the person he tells to pick a support doesn't do so, he bans them too... I've also seen him ban players for simply asking if he really was the real Pendragon, just to prove that he is. He's a gargantuan tosspot, douchebag and a human piece of garbage, and I can't for the life of me fathom why he's still employed by them, really. I suppose it's mostly to do with the fact that he made them what they are, by and large because he was responsible for both fucking up Dota 1 for a long time, closing the original forums and deleting everything, and funneling players from Dota to LoL for a long time.

Ofcourse he also contributed by handing over the Hero Submission forum from Dota Allstars to Riot, from where they stole a great deal.

I do agree though, most of Riot's problems and bad rep comes from the way in which they started. But they deserve every single grain of hate they get. They made their bed, etc etc.

They really only changed it because a tiny shitstorm was brewing.

And it really does fit the universe the game takes place in, especially with some of the dialogue and how people in that universe feel about such things.

TB was entirely on-point with his podcasty thing, luv. :p

_hekk05

Banned
I suppose it's mostly to do with the fact that he made them what they are, by and large because he was responsible for both fucking up Dota 1 for a long time, closing the original forums and deleting everything, and funneling players from Dota to LoL for a long time.

Ofcourse he also contributed by handing over the Hero Submission forum from Dota Allstars to Riot, from where they stole a great deal.

I do agree though, most of Riot's problems and bad rep comes from the way in which they started. But they deserve every single grain of hate they get. They made their bed, etc etc.

Woah. You got a source on those? That seems pretty despicable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of _hekk05, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (_hekk05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure -- MB-48C90D0F7CF2A4B3 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 13 entrants total.

t1428155141z1.png

Jawmuncher

That recent Angry Joe thread is probably going to be another grave yard. People never learn. Wonder if he'll review witcher on PC. I mean personally with his recent PC everything he reviews that is able should be on that.

ModBot said:
Instructions for RunWhiteBoyRun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Summoner -- MB-1B19018B5B6D84DF - Taken by Chreznor. 6 entrants total.
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-4C6E8F67B1769660 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-B9C429CBD29FCA8E - Taken by Bayonetta. 11 entrants total.
Black Mirror -- MB-40F73AA4835A5497 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy -- MB-DF7CBB2F19122B19 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 4 entrants total.
AquaNox -- MB-75F0C1A3E5B295DB - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
AquaNox 2 Revelation -- MB-5CB7FB27B25AB4FC - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1428163060z1.png

Clearing out the closet...

Uzzy

That recent Angry Joe thread is probably going to be another grave yard. People never learn. Wonder if he'll review witcher on PC. I mean personally with his recent PC everything he reviews that is able should be on that.

Yup. There's some real embarrassing posts over there.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

which one? link?

Edit: nvm, found it

_hekk05

Banned
you dont need to cite things that fall under common knowledge

Rule no 1: You don't believe random things on the internet.

Also there was a huge hiatus between me playing dota 2 and dota allstars.

I think the last dota 1 map I played was the one where there was a bug with axe and beserker's call could lure roshan into the fountain. Those were the days.

Also the Nintendo defence force in this thread is quite sickening to read.
While there is something to talk about (apparently Joe got the WiiU by fans to make WiiU videos, so he should do even without getting money imo; at least some videos), this is what I felt by many posts.
Embarrassing how many defend Nintendo's ass-backwards Youtube policies.
Awesome!
I don't like that BTA is not visible easily on the page though.
They really just upped the enemy count almost everywhere. Doing that place in DS2 alone is far easier than in Co-Op. The health these guys get is enormous. Still not really dangerous but they take some heavy beating.

Rule no 1: You don't believe random things on the internet.

Also there was a huge hiatus between me playing dota 2 and dota allstars.

I think the last dota 1 map I played was the one where there was a bug with axe and beserker's call could lure roshan into the fountain. Those were the days.
just type pendragon dota into Google

youll get tons of stuff on how he's one of the biggest assholes out there

even leeg folks hate him

LuuKyK

So from what I've gathered from the Pillars of Eternity OT the game is still filled with bugs? I've been considering getting it, but if it still has its problems I guess I will just give it time to get fixed and buy it in the next steam sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
We need to figure out how these bots work because I maybe get 1 a month tops and I have a public profile. It's so bizarre seeing the numbers reported in this thread in comparison.

So from what I've gathered from the Pillars of Eternity OT the game is still filled with bugs? I've been considering getting it, but if it still has its problems I guess I will just give it time to get fixed and buy it in the next steam sale.

I only encountered a few bugs. upgrading entire Stronghold achievement doesn't show up, One of my main party members was stuck with some negative status which was quickly remedied by removing him and adding him back to the party. There were a few more, but nothing major or game breaking.

LuuKyK

As I wrote, until now I didn't encounter a single bug. Maybe I'm lucky, but I think it's a polished experience. Obsidian released a major pach yesterday, plus a hotfix. If you want play it now, take it. Otherwise the old rule "wait for a discount" is still valid, for sure you will grab the game in its cheaper way and it will be pretty much polished.

I only encountered a few bugs. upgrading entire Stronghold achievement doesn't show up, One of my main party members was stuck with some negative status which was quickly remedied by removing him and adding him back to the party. There were a few more, but nothing major or game breaking.

Thanks guys, I will take it into consideration then. :)

I'd say that I have ran into "tons" of minor ones, but they are really really minor ones. Stuff like being able to enter stairs behind a secret wall because I already had been on the other side, some names of items not showing up, some tooltips not showing up or a certain Hatchet icon overflowing it's space.

But none of those have had any significance and if I say that I have found tons of minor ones, I'd say that I have done billions of major things that have worked really well so it does feel really polished. Only time I have run into a "major" one was when I couldn't click one key event trigger, but that was fixed via pressing TAB, which seems to work almost every time when something doesn't seem to work like it should.

(Been playing for 13 hours)

Sini

We need to figure out how these bots work because I maybe get 1 a month tops and I have a public profile. It's so bizarre seeing the numbers reported in this thread in comparison.
You need to put something valuable on Steam Marketplace or trading sites.

Maniac

Banned
into the rabbit hole i go

That makes my job a whole lot easier, thanks. :p

The gist of it is thus, though: He was responsible for the Allstars forum, at a time where just about every Dota-forum had been consolidated under their banner, following which he closed the forum and made it re-direct to League of Legends' site, with promotional stuff, a brief introduction to the game etcetera.

He ofcourse also made it sound as if it was thé commercial version of Dota, whilst it was infact made by the has-beens of Dota's development, people entirely unsuited for competitive development, namely incompetent people such as Guinsoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom