• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-BF0F34744A2999C7 - Taken by Bayonetta

fantomena

That recent Angry Joe thread is probably going to be another grave yard. People never learn. Wonder if he'll review witcher on PC. I mean personally with his recent PC everything he reviews that is able should be on that.

Well, I usually getting a lot of hate when I see I like to watch Pewds videos here.

Feels like people are full of jealousy and here I am with 29 subs. Weird.

I don't understand the drama over the Angry Joe video. Couldn't he just disable monetization on it if it was a problem? Or are videos only worth making if they can be monetized for these 'big' Youtubers?

_hekk05

Banned
That makes my job a whole lot easier, thanks. :p

The gist of it is thus, though: He was responsible for the Allstars forum, at a time where just about every Dota-forum had been consolidated under their banner, following which he closed the forum and made it re-direct to League of Legends' site, with promotional stuff, a brief introduction to the game etcetera.

He ofcourse also made it sound as if it was thé commercial version of Dota, whilst it was infact made by the has-beens of Dota's development, people entirely unsuited for competitive development, namely incompetent people such as Guinsoo.

Man I remember guinsoo. Those were the days when euls built itself into guinsoo.

And I was wondering why it became Scythe of Vyse

Kiru

I don't understand the drama over the Angry Joe video. Couldn't he just disable monetization on it if it was a problem? Or are videos only worth making if they can be monetized for these 'big' Youtubers?

That's exactly his problem, he can't earn money from it. It doesn't happen anything to his channel, it's not like those other takedowns where 3 strikes would deactivate your account.

fantomena

That's exactly his problem, he can't earn money from it. It doesn't happen anything to his channel, it's not like those other takedowns where 3 strikes would deactivate your account.

Well it is his job and i assume everyone want to make money out of their job.

Lain

Drama aside, the big youtubers' work is basically making those videos. If they can't monetize those videos then no, it's not worth for them to make.

_hekk05

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/D3fdPXY.jpg[IMG]

... for Milamber ;)[/QUOTE]

Lack of desktop shortcuts in your screenshot is saddening

Checking out Pillars news and some of the bugs are pretty hilarious. Like if you double click on a weapon to change out your weapon, your character's permanent buffs and passives are removed.

yeah... I'm going to wait on this game for a bit

Checking out Pillars news and some of the bugs are pretty hilarious. Like if you double click on a weapon to change out your weapon, your character's permanent buffs and passives are removed.

That's been fixed already (along with most bugs I'd seen reported)

Parsnip

I also don't get too many bots, maybe once every 2 months.

We need to figure out how these bots work because I maybe get 1 a month tops and I have a public profile. It's so bizarre seeing the numbers reported in this thread in comparison.

Is your inventory publicly visible? That's what I heard is the biggest thing that draws in bots, but haven't actually tested it. Public profile, comments and inventory visible to friends only seem like the right settings for me.

MUnited83

For you.

Sounds you need to check out the news better then. That has been fixed with the 1.03 patch.

_hekk05

Banned
Glad to see Pillars is getting patched. Will make the inevitable purchase better.

Also I've already gotten 3 lvl 0 friend requests in the past 3 days. I don't even have a lot of stuff on the community market. Just some random cards. No obscene rares in csgo or dota 2 or tf2 either.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of RunWhiteBoyRun, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Summoner -- MB-1B19018B5B6D84DF - Taken by Chreznor. 6 entrants total.
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-4C6E8F67B1769660 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-B9C429CBD29FCA8E - Taken by Bayonetta. 11 entrants total.
Black Mirror -- MB-40F73AA4835A5497 - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy -- MB-DF7CBB2F19122B19 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 4 entrants total.
AquaNox -- MB-75F0C1A3E5B295DB - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
AquaNox 2 Revelation -- MB-5CB7FB27B25AB4FC - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1428163060z1.png

Drama aside, the big youtubers' work is basically making those videos. If they can't monetize those videos then no, it's not worth for them to make.

I get that it's his job and it requires time and effort. I just don't know if ad revenue should be the deciding factor for whether a video gets made. What if it's a really good game that he enjoys playing and wishes to share with his subscribers?

I could write a bible on all the stupid shit Nintendo does, including this particular scenario, but the stance of "I'm not going to make any more Nintendo videos because I can't monetize them" isn't particularly praiseworthy either.

As some who has never dabbled in these titles before, any suggestions? Or should I just leave it alone?
Clicking the link on that community page makes me think i should stay away from this...

I liked Go Go Nippon quite a bit. It's like a travel guide for Japan. It tells you a lot about their culture, history, technology and beliefs. You 'visit' various tourist attractions and learn about their significance. You also learn a bit about day to day life in the country. It has a little bit of the anime romance thing but ignoring that, it's well worth the current price if you're interested in learning about a completely foreign culture.

Why the mixed reviews for Dungeon Siege III? The negative reviews aren't too helpful, most amount to just 'game sucks' and 'it's not DS1 or DS2'.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dungeon Siege III is fun but the writing can pretty forgettable. It was the least buggiest game to come out of them so just for that I applaud them.

Dungeon Siege III is fun but the writing can pretty forgettable. It was the least buggiest game to come out of them so just for that I applaud them.

I played the first Dungeon Siege. I can't say the writing was memorable in that, either. And yes, I'm aware they made a movie out of it.

Lain

Why the mixed reviews for Dungeon Siege III? The negative reviews aren't too helpful, most amount to just 'game sucks' and 'it's not DS1 or DS2'.

I didn't write a negative reviews for it on Steam, but I had a negative experience with the game. It just didn't feel fun fighting and walking around, though I was playing it with mouse and keyboard. Maybe with the pad it's better.
Yeah, I can't give a more in-depth opinion because the game didn't really stick in my memory, apart from the "not having fun" part.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I also don't get too many bots, maybe once every 2 months.

Is your inventory publicly visible? That's what I heard is the biggest thing that draws in bots, but haven't actually tested it. Public profile, comments and inventory visible to friends only seem like the right settings for me.
It isn't and I never really saw a reason to make it public. If that's the key than it is a pretty simple fix.

Javier23

Banned
Quick question SteamGAF. I'm deciding whether I should be financially responsible and wait for a while or capitulate and get GTA V now. I've been on a total media blackout regarding the game. I'm pretty sure I know what to expect from the SP by now, but is GTA Online any good? On paper it does sound pretty good, but I'd say that generally the tidbits I've gotten from people who have played it are not too promising (it gets old quickly). But again, I've heard next to nothing about the heists, for instance. Just wondering if it's something I'm gonna want to play every now and then for months, or if the novelty will wear off after a couple of evenings with it.

_hekk05

Banned
Quick question SteamGAF. I'm deciding whether I should be financially responsible and wait for a while or capitulate and get GTA V now. I've been on a total media blackout regarding the game. I'm pretty sure I know what to expect from the SP by now, but is GTA Online any good? On paper it does sound pretty good, but I'd say that generally the tidbits I've gotten from people who have played it are not too promising (it gets old quickly). But again, I've heard next to nothing about the heists, for instance. Just wondering if it's something I'm gonna want to play every now and then for months, or if the novelty will wear off after a couple of evenings with it.

Do you REALLY want it on steam? If not Nuuvem has it for quite a bit cheaper.

If not you can just wait with the rest of us.

orqvoc.png

Kiru

These are not Steam Keys, you can download the Triad Wars Client here

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Beta Keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

en_triadwars_closedbetabreit.jpg

Triad Wars Beta -- MB-DAD79DA7F6DDA6E4 - Taken by Buraindo
Triad Wars Beta #3 -- MB-13B09D1854D48D50 - Taken by Se7enSword
Triad Wars Beta #4 -- MB-EB2A50B966CB8AF1 - Taken by matrixman92
Triad Wars Beta #2 -- MB-B0F58E374AE1576A - Taken by Belgarion
Triad Wars Beta #5 -- MB-39115792575DCCEE - Taken by TMC

liezryou

That makes my job a whole lot easier, thanks. :p

The gist of it is thus, though: He was responsible for the Allstars forum, at a time where just about every Dota-forum had been consolidated under their banner, following which he closed the forum and made it re-direct to League of Legends' site, with promotional stuff, a brief introduction to the game etcetera.

He ofcourse also made it sound as if it was thé commercial version of Dota, whilst it was infact made by the has-beens of Dota's development, people entirely unsuited for competitive development, namely incompetent people such as Guinsoo.

Well as someone who used to be acquaintances with pendragon (trust me no love loss there) and was acquaintances with guinsoo back when all this happened, i can attest to the fact that pendragon is indeed an asshole.

However you need to keep in mind at the time DotA was going nowhere thanks to the limitations of warcraft 3. Something needed to be done about it, icefrog didn't want to move ahead to dota 2 until a year or two after LoL went into beta (iirc, might be wrong on the times here). Guinsoo and pendragon made an outstanding game that embodied the essence of dota, while adding their own little flare on it (I'm talking about league back then, now it's literally a shitstain).

Secondly, pendragon had to look out for the success of his own game. He wanted to see the game he had invested his time into succeed, so I don't really blame him as much as people like to.

However, i don't like you bagging on Guinsoo, dude is an excellent developer and a really cool guy. In fact most of the original LoL/Riot team were some of the most chill people i have ever met (I haven't played league or talked to riot in years so i can't say how the team is now).

Nordicus

It's a Diablo-clone without any genuine strengths, and the m&kb controls are horrible.

And despite me not managing to finish either DS1 or DS2, they had good adventuring bits spicing up the hacking and slashing like hidden levers, multi-act quests, riddles, puzzles, secret dungeons and stuff.

Dungeon Siege 3 is just a boring slog that I only managed to finish because it's so short. My least favorite Obsidian game.

Maniac

Banned
Well as someone who used to be acquaintances with pendragon (trust me no love loss there) and was acquaintances with guinsoo back when all this happened, i can attest to the fact that pendragon is indeed an asshole.

However you need to keep in mind at the time DotA was going nowhere thanks to the limitations of warcraft 3. Something needed to be done about it, icefrog didn't want to move ahead to dota 2 until a year or two after LoL went into beta (iirc, might be wrong on the times here). Guinsoo and pendragon made an outstanding game that embodied the essence of dota, while adding their own little flare on it (I'm talking about league back then, now it's literally a shitstain).

Secondly, pendragon had to look out for the success of his own game. He wanted to see the game he had invested his time into succeed, so I don't really blame him as much as people like to.

However, i don't like you bagging on Guinsoo, dude is an excellent developer and a really cool guy. In fact most of the original LoL/Riot team were some of the most chill people i have ever met (I haven't played league or talked to riot in years so i can't say how the team is now).
I've no intention of bagging on Guinsoo, he seems like he's a nice guy.

And sorry, I forgot to clarify what I think he's incompetent at, which is game-balance. He's simply awful at it, and it really isn't his forté, and I'd prefer if he never touched it ever again, lol. I digress, sorry, didn't mean to imply he's an incompetent developer, he's just far from being outright good when it comes to balancing gameplay.

And sure, looking out for your own games' success is cool, but not when you're breaking apart a giant community of thousands of people, stealing their ideas and shamelessly promoting your game in a place that used to hold a place for you to gather with your friends.

Guinsoo and Pendragon completely abandoned Dota to make their own game, and that's good for them. Icefrog has continued to support the original Dota whilst creating a superior, more modern version. And he's even managed to do a lot more in WC3 than was thought possible back in the day. It's just such a shame that so much was lost over at the Allstars forum. So many memories, so many good times... So many incredibly stupid hero suggestions that eventually ended up in both Dota & LoL... Good times.

Lain

You've waited long enough to have it on PC, you could wait just a bit longer if you want to be responsible.
Me, I've wanted it even more after this trailer last year.

I only remember hearing about the problems the Online part had at the beginning, but I haven't followed on it because I'm not really interested in it. I think the best choice might be to poke your head in the GTA Online thread.

derExperte

I played an hour of GTA Online on PS3 and apart from constant connection losses I got the impression that you have to grind a lot to get to the good parts, level up and acquire money. Maybe should've looked for a guide but I didn't plan on playing much longer anyway.

_hekk05

Banned
some people really dislike Angry Joe and think that's an excuse,i guess.

I dunno man. Angry Joe is like the only youtuber who gets a new thread every time he puts out a video.

He puts out videos slowly enough that there's never a swamp of threads, but still..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom