• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I don't remember that so I can't say one way or another. However if your original comment wasn't pertaining to the current aj thread that wasn't made clear.

Nintendo is doing this for a while. So my comment is let's say universal for all Nintendo vs. YouTube topics/threads. For me something is wrong if 10 big publishers/developers/companies don't care about Let's Plays/videos... being monetised and then comes Nintendo who is not doing that great these days and tries to do different thing. Money from YT ads is not that great, Nintendo get more money for selling Amiibos for one month than all Youtubers who are covering Nintendo games get for a whole year. Good word and word of mouth is far more valuable than that money. Especially today when they need to sell their product to totally new generation of gamers who grew up watching and playing Minecraft.

They just can't understand that market changed.

Maniac

Banned
Nintendo is doing this for a while. So my comment is let's say universal for all Nintendo vs. YouTube topics/threads. For me something is wrong if 10 big publishers/developers/companies don't care about Let's Plays/videos... being monetised and then comes Nintendo who is not doing that great these days and tries to do different thing. Money from YT ads is not that great, Nintendo get more money for selling Amiibos for one month than all Youtubers who are covering Nintendo games get for a whole year. Good word and word of mouth is far more valuable than that money. Especially today when they need to sell their product to totally new generation of gamers who grew up watching and playing Minecraft.

They just can't understand that market changed.

Yup. YT ad revenue just isn't significant enough to have a profitable margin after someone takes 40%, the more money you make, the more money you spend on equipment, additional employees, etcetera. (One exception to this rule is that Swedish crazy pie guy, but whatever)

And ofcourse this is all made worse by Google now disallowing outside sponsorships and advertising in videos, and making content creators depend on Google's, currently rather awful AdSense, is just... NonSense, really. That's also why LinusTechTips has moved elsewhere for their main content hosting.

Ofcourse, the fact that Google is experiementing with YT's subscriber feature doesn't help, either. "This was uploaded a week ago, we thought you might wanna watch it now!" - No mention in your subscription feed about a video that was uploaded an hour, 12 hours, a day, two, three days ago, etc.

Edit: I digress, Nintendo is definitely falling behind due to their "ancient" ways. It's painfully evident when seeing the state of their account system and online network... Or rather, the lack thereof.

They've mostly put themselves in the situation they're in, though. Refusing to evolve and change with an always-evolving and ever-changing market has it's costs. They made their bed, etc etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pendragon still routinely bans players simply for not doing as he tells them to. He says he'll go mid, another guy says he wants mid and Pendragon will fucking ban the playey. If they need a support and the person he tells to pick a support doesn't do so, he bans them too... I've also seen him ban players for simply asking if he really was the real Pendragon, just to prove that he is. He's a gargantuan tosspot, douchebag and a human piece of garbage, and I can't for the life of me fathom why he's still employed by them, really. I suppose it's mostly to do with the fact that he made them what they are, by and large because he was responsible for both fucking up Dota 1 for a long time, closing the original forums and deleting everything, and funneling players from Dota to LoL for a long time.

Ofcourse he also contributed by handing over the Hero Submission forum from Dota Allstars to Riot, from where they stole a great deal.
i very much doubt that's true but feel free to show evidence of it. i have been following the league reddit for over two years now and i have never once heard a single mention of anything like that, and they call out reddit on pretty much everything

i'm not saying the whole forums thing is a lie, i'm saying him still banning people for random reasons because of a screenshot of like 5 years ago is a lie

but yea he's probably a douche and shouldn't work at riot but nobody even knows what he does or if he still works there so w/e

I do agree though, most of Riot's problems and bad rep comes from the way in which they started. But they deserve every single grain of hate they get. They made their bed, etc etc.
They really only changed it because a tiny shitstorm was brewing.
hate for riot feels petty since they've done a lot to turn themselves around

mind you the things you're talking about "pendragon stealing champion ideas or whatever" happened in 2008

that's SEVEN years ago

whoever still hates riot has a personal grudge and hasn't been paying attention to the attitude riot has displayed since

And it really does fit the universe the game takes place in, especially with some of the dialogue and how people in that universe feel about such things.

TB was entirely on-point with his podcasty thing, luv. :p
i very much doubt that

just type pendragon dota into Google

youll get tons of stuff on how he's one of the biggest assholes out there

even leeg folks hate him
i've literally never heard a single league player mention pendragon

all the people that talk about him are doters

Hugstable

Banned
Playing Dark Souls and I just found the Dark Sun Gwyndolin fight that I missed the first time I played the game. I think I was better off not knowing this fight existed, the idea of this fight is really lame, and he can 1 shot you like it's no thing. Pretty much a precursor to another horribly bad fight in Bloodborne except Gwyndolin is actually difficult and can kill you lol. I hate this bosses where you just chase the dude and try to get one hit in before he runs away again.

Edit: fuck it I'm done with this fight. This is gonna be the first time I ever give up on a boss in this series. This boss is up there with Pinwheel, this whole fight is shit

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-7ACD0B157E1D7D11 - Taken by Accoun. 1 entrants total.

t1428174161z1.png

Wasn't taken during my last giveaway (due to modbot shenanigans on 4/1 :p), so loosened the rules, enjoy.

Playing Dark Souls and I just found the Dark Sun Gwyndolin fight that I missed the first time I played the game. I think I was better off not knowing this fight existed, the idea of this fight is really lame, and he can 1 shot you like it's no thing. Pretty much a precursor to another horribly bad fight in Bloodborne except Gwyndolin is actually difficult and can kill you lol. I hate this bosses where you just chase the dude and try to get one hit in before he runs away again.

Edit: fuck it I'm done with this fight. This is gonna be the first time I ever give up on a boss in this series. This boss is up there with Pinwheel, this whole fight is shit
I loved that fight. It was a pretty nice change. With any decent magic shield and a bit timed dodging, Gwyndolin is pretty easy.
I really hope my internet is back to normal when GTAV's pre-load goes live a few days from now.
You actually want to play a (non-asscreed) game? Someone should make a thread ;)

Accoun

From all that Elite: Dangerous shit, I found a link to the Limit Theory Kickstarter video. Started watching the updates and it while I only watched the first few, it definitely looks interesting.

Seems like a passion project of one guy so I dunno how it'll turn out, but again - looks kinda nice.

Maniac

Banned
i very much doubt that's true but feel free to show evidence of it. i have been following the league reddit for over two years now and i have never once heard a single mention of anything like that, and they call out reddit on pretty much everything

i'm not saying the whole forums thing is a lie, i'm saying him still banning people for random reasons because of a screenshot of like 5 years ago is a lie

but yea he's probably a douche and shouldn't work at riot but nobody even knows what he does or if he still works there so w/e

hate for riot feels petty since they've done a lot to turn themselves around

mind you the things you're talking about "pendragon stealing champion ideas or whatever" happened in 2008

that's SEVEN years ago

whoever still hates riot has a personal grudge and hasn't been paying attention to the attitude riot has displayed since

i very much doubt that

i've literally never heard a single league player mention pendragon

all the people that talk about him are doters
If you've never heard a League player talk about him then I assume you've just not played the game for as long as I had, back when I did. Back when I played League around a year and a half or two years ago, a lot of people talked about Pendragon and all the shit he's done, and how awful of a cunt he is. It was everywhere on the LoL sub back then, even on the forums.

He'd even brag about banning people for simply random-picking and stuff.

Ofcourse, Riot as a company were fucking awful back then, too. I mean come on, when they heard rumours that Icefrog was working on a full-fledged sequel or modernisation of Dota, they got scared and trademarked Defense of the Ancients and after some legal battle with Valve, they realised they couldn't win, or atleast didn't have the funds to do so... So they handed the trademark over to Blizzard, knowing they'd likely want to prevent Valve from making a Dota successor as much as Riot would.

It's just a loooong history of fucking over communities and thousands if not millions of people. That kind of stuff doesn't just all vanish from a persons memory in a few years... It's not that people hold a grudge as much as it's firmly planted within peoples' memories.

Ofcourse some people are bound to hold grudges as a lot of people lost friends, comrades and buddies.

And do remember that people couldn't even verify or prove that they'd come up with the champions that were stolen, by virtue of the entire site shutting down and him not letting people see an archived version until just two years (and a few months) ago. So for a lot of people, it's still recent memory.

And well, the most recent "Pendragon-does-his-thing-ban" I've seen was around two years ago, so maybe it's juuuust before your time? I don't know.
oh yeah that angry joe thread

oh boy there's some stupid ass shit being said there

This is GAF... Zky, were you being silly again and expecting something from the majority of GAF? ;)

tmarg

And ofcourse this is all made worse by Google now disallowing outside sponsorships and advertising in videos, and making content creators depend on Google's, currently rather awful AdSense, is just... NonSense, really. That's also why LinusTechTips has moved elsewhere for their main content hosting.

This is really the point. Nintendo's policy is idiotic, but the real problem is google. They're making an absurd amount of money off of their content creators, but they treat them as if they are disposable, and refuse to back them in any meaningful way.

Anyone relying on YouTube as their primary means of income really should be making other plans.

Arthea

What am I reading? Jasec you gonna play GTAV? You are kidding, right?

also Happy birthday, another Doggie.
27 is nothing

zkylon

zkylewd
If you've never heard a League player talk about him then I assume you've just not played the game for as long as I had, back when I did. Back when I played League around a year and a half or two years ago, a lot of people talked about Pendragon and all the shit he's done, and how awful of a cunt he is. It was everywhere on the LoL sub back then, even on the forums.

He'd even brag about banning people for simply random-picking and stuff.

Ofcourse, Riot as a company were fucking awful back then, too. I mean come on, when they heard rumours that Icefrog was working on a full-fledged sequel or modernisation of Dota, they got scared and trademarked Defense of the Ancients and after some legal battle with Valve, they realised they couldn't win, or atleast didn't have the funds to do so... So they handed the trademark over to Blizzard, knowing they'd likely want to prevent Valve from making a Dota successor as much as Riot would.

It's just a loooong history of fucking over communities and thousands if not millions of people. That kind of stuff doesn't just all vanish from a persons memory in a few years... It's not that people hold a grudge as much as it's firmly planted within peoples' memories.

Ofcourse some people are bound to hold grudges as a lot of people lost friends, comrades and buddies.

And do remember that people couldn't even verify or prove that they'd come up with the champions that were stolen, by virtue of the entire site shutting down and him not letting people see an archived version until just two years (and a few months) ago. So for a lot of people, it's still recent memory.

And well, the most recent "Pendragon-does-his-thing-ban" I've seen was around two years ago, so maybe it's juuuust before your time? I don't know.
ok then pls dont say "still" when it's a two year old thing

i'm all agree on pendragon assholeness being called out but it's something of the past and pendragon's status in rito is nebulous at best and considering we never heard again about any of his evil antics i'm gonna guess he changed his ways or at least got his banning rights revoked or whatever. you might argue they should've fired him or whatever and you may be right, but in any case pendragon is no longer a factor in league of legends, and riot is no longer (afaik) stealing ideas or whatever

it's old history and you can bring it up if you want to hate on rito but it's not fact that pendragon is still doing that

This is GAF... Zky, were you being silly again and expecting something from the majority of GAF? ;)
i'm an optimist person, i always expect the best from people :3

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RED JOHNSON'S CHRONICLES -- MB-4C7430DF77BD783E - Taken by Sendou
A Valley Without Wind -- MB-04E16ABBF0AAA328 - Taken by Naked Snake
BEATBUDDY -- MB-D72DC1FEAE86A8E3 - Taken by tioslash
Hare in the Hat -- MB-772EA1DC33255503 - Taken by Kifimbo
Sentinel -- MB-4A6220E65B9BF714 - Taken by madjoki

Arthea

Just checked War for the Overworld reviews, and DerExperte's german source have been right about the state of things, but it is being patched, what's good news, right?

"Play" is such a strong word. More like "interactive with".

interactive with? You mean you gonna instal it and look around? I'm OK with this (><)

Accoun

Wrong GalCiv, regifting. >_<

ModBot said:
Instructions for Accoun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Galactic Civilisations 2 -- MB-22B2CA0CDA16387A - Taken by texhnolyze

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I stop playing most GTA games when I have unlocked some stuff or get bored with a mission then use codes to fuck around with the next few days.

I've only ever finished GTA4 and The Lost and Damned, but that doesn't exactly say much since I've not played much of the others.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook -- MB-1AF5AF6AA9A374B3 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.
99 Spirits -- MB-80F9B37DE7CD04B0 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Fairy Bloom Freesia (with Soundtrack) -- MB-31E79907310990BF - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 3 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen -- MB-CA50BCEDDEE998C4 - Taken by gabbo. 6 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook -- MB-C2A63DCD9946FEAA - Taken by Catshade. 7 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan -- MB-F10659CE7E42E7ED - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Analogue: A Hate Story With Soundtrack -- MB-6191A5880E7E9695 - Taken by GaussTek. 5 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Complete Pack -- MB-575558267480E451 - Taken by Kanokare. 6 entrants total.

t1428220006z1.png

Maniac

Banned
ok then pls dont say "still" when it's a two year old thing

i'm all agree on pendragon assholeness being called out but it's something of the past and pendragon's status in rito is nebulous at best and considering we never heard again about any of his evil antics i'm gonna guess he changed his ways or at least got his banning rights revoked or whatever. you might argue they should've fired him or whatever and you may be right, but in any case pendragon is no longer a factor in league of legends, and riot is no longer (afaik) stealing ideas or whatever

it's old history and you can bring it up if you want to hate on rito but it's not fact that pendragon is still doing that

Well, it's more like a year and a few months ago since I last saw a ban from him, but I've not been following the scene since then, and didn't expect him to stop. Maybe it's slowed down or people don't give a shit anymore, I don't quite know.

And I'm sure the only reason they didn't fire him is that he basically made Riot what it is. He exposed millions of people to League of Legends, hailing it as the new Dota, the true sequel, successor or whatever you'd want to call it. At that point, LoL had already been around in beta for a LONG time, but noone really played it... After Pendragon's stunt, it started climbing in players very quickly, leading to the huge numbers we see today.

I'd wager that's why they've kept a cunt like him around for so long :p

i'm an optimist person, i always expect the best from people :3
You silly, silly optimist. I find pessimism better as I rarely get disappointed.

Dsyndrome

You can shoot at him with a Great bow and dodge the projectiles he shoots if it's giving you issues.

Some stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

RED JOHNSON'S CHRONICLES -- MB-6E9D49AF537B4260 - Taken by Diedac
SENTINEL -- MB-7D0ED78A422559E2 - Taken by ExoSoul
BEATBUDDY: TALE OF THE GUARDIANS -- MB-B8638F65D59C38A1 - Taken by TheMadMan007

derExperte

I must be one of about five people in the history of mankind who always complete the story in open world games first and then do the rest or quit right there. Also I've completed every GTA since GTA 2 excluding 3 but including all the portable spin-offs.

Jawmuncher

I'm enjoying Prototype 2 a lot so far. It's basically what 1 should have been in the first place.
Also Heller is so much more interesting than Mercer just because he's such an asshole. Make the game a lot of fun to see what he'll do next.]

I must be one of about five people in the history of mankind who always complete the story in open world games first and then do the rest or quit right there. Also I've completed every GTA since GTA 2 excluding 3 but including all the portable spin-offs.

Yeah I find it odd when people try to do everything while the story is still on going. Just seems easier to knock out the story and than do the other stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
being totally honest here, i only started watching the franchise with the 2nd movie. i'll try to correct that this week.

I think the 2nd one is widely considered to be the worst one in the franchise. Not including Tokyo Drift. But Tokyo Drift has a special place in my heart cause it was something "different"

Sendou

Looking at Funstock's site right now doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they'll complete my order (the one they already took money for) soon without any further hassles. Accessing it has been very iffy the past day.

derExperte

I'm enjoying Prototype 2 a lot so far. It's basically what 1 should have been in the first place.
Also Heller is so much more interesting than Mercer just because he's such an asshole. Make the game a lot of fun to see what he'll do next.

P2 has its share of own problems (the PC port is one of the worst ever) but overall it's a better experience than 1 imo mainly thanks to the more manageable controls. No real bossfights sucks tho.

Looking at Funstock's site right now doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they'll complete my order (the one they already took money for) soon without any further hassles. Accessing it has been very iffy the past day.

Oh boy. They've lost a lot of business over the last two days thanks to the technical difficulties.

Yeah I find it odd when people try to do everything while the story is still on going. Just seems easier to knock out the story and than do the other stuff.

As long as I see icons for main missions I feel some kind of pressure (not even meant in a negative way) and can't really enjoy fooling around. The main story, if good, also usually leads you around the city almost like a tutorial, I find exploring after I know the region a bit much more enjoyable.

Maniac

Banned
Just checked War for the Overworld reviews, and DerExperte's german source have been right about the state of things, but it is being patched, what's good news, right?

My brother has played quite a bit, and he says it has some annoying bugs, but that it's... Well, it really is Dungeon Keeper 3... Which makes me all kinds of giddy. Going to play it as soon as a patch is out :]

Maniac

Banned
Also Heller is so much more interesting than Mercer just because he's such an asshole. Make the game a lot of fun to see what he'll do next.]

I'm guilty of playing openworld games exactly like that. Atleast for the most part, it depends how good the side-stuff is... If it's trash, I'll go straight for the main storyline. If it's good and entertaining, I'll do tons of it.

And about Prototype... Mercer was an asshole, too! You just... Didn't find out until the end because of the silly amnesia story. :p

quick edit: Do-do-do-dooouuuuble coooooombooooo!

... I love me some DP!..
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also Heller is so much more interesting than Mercer just because he's such an asshole. Make the game a lot of fun to see what he'll do next.

Yesssssssssssss. So much truth and unarguable opinion here.

dex3108

I just decided to play and finish GTA IV after i was pissed at R* and that game for over a year because i got rare bug that causes not getting call for job interview in one of the missions (i will start from beginning this time with new save). And guess what now my mouse doesn't work in game. -.-

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, it's more like a year and a few months ago since I last saw a ban from him, but I've not been following the scene since then, and didn't expect him to stop. Maybe it's slowed down or people don't give a shit anymore, I don't quite know.

And I'm sure the only reason they didn't fire him is that he basically made Riot what it is. He exposed millions of people to League of Legends, hailing it as the new Dota, the true sequel, successor or whatever you'd want to call it. At that point, LoL had already been around in beta for a LONG time, but noone really played it... After Pendragon's stunt, it started climbing in players very quickly, leading to the huge numbers we see today.

I'd wager that's why they've kept a cunt like him around for so long :p
well tehn for future reference you shouldn't just assume things like that, ok?

no need to spark more hate between our two pretty communities :>

You silly, silly optimist. I find pessimism better as I rarely get disappointed.
so you'd rather always be mediocre than sometimes be down?

sad way of living methinks

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yesssssssssssss. So much truth and unarguable opinion here.

I personally preferred the first game a lot more than the sequel tbh. The only thing I loved more about the sequel was the ability to deflect rockets, which admittedly is a big addition. Overall I still prefer 1 but both awesome fun regardless.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sentinel -- MB-0242BC8EFEE4043E - Taken by factorone
xheRJRF.gif
One Day For Ched -- MB-54F0D034536314D3 - Taken by lindarasta
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7C064EC64BFEC9C2 - Taken by 7Sins

Maniac

Banned
well tehn for future reference you shouldn't just assume things like that, ok?

no need to spark more hate between our two pretty communities :>

so you'd rather always be mediocre than sometimes be down?

sad way of living methinks

Don't be such an optimist. Both our communities are proverbial cesspools! There are some gems and diamonds mixed in with the crap n' filth, even if they're rare they... They're all worth it. :p

And life is somewhat the same. Life, atleast the one I've had, is shit. But the good moments, the bright lights, the great people... They make it all worth it. Every struggle, every sad moment, all the pain and hurt... Worth it because of people like...

... Ehm... Uuuuh... Umm... Lashman?
;)

mini-edit: I agree, it's a sad way of living. Which is why it's not really how I live, but it's how I lived, past-tense. :]
being broke means a lot of recettear :>

Good thing Recettear is great!

... Even if it's animu ;3

zkylon

zkylewd
wtf go play gurumin zkylon, game is so cute
being broke means a lot of recettear :>

Don't be such an optimist. Both our communities are proverbial cesspools! There are some gems and diamonds mixed in with the crap n' filth, even if they're rare they... They're all worth it. :p

And life is somewhat the same. Life, atleast the one I've had, is shit. But the good moments, the bright lights, the great people... They make it all worth it. Every struggle, every sad moment, all the pain and hurt... Worth it because of people like... Ehm... Uuuuh... Umm... Lashman?
;)
i dunno most of the gaf doters i've talked to are pretty nice. there's a few that are very angry about something i didn't have anything to do with and that isn't my fault and that happened a million years ago but can't all be perfect. similarly most ppl in lolgaf have been nice to me with the exception of calling me zkylewd but again gotta take the good with the bad

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

And life is somewhat the same. Life, atleast the one I've had, is shit. But the good moments, the bright lights, the great people... They make it all worth it. Every struggle, every sad moment, all the pain and hurt... Worth it because of people like...

... Ehm... Uuuuh... Umm... Lashman?
;)

mini-edit: I agree, it's a sad way of living. Which is why it's not really how I live, but it's how I lived, past-tense. :]
Cormac McCarthy Sunset Limited since White character is basically me.
Black: "Don't you want to be happy?"
White: "Happy?"
Black: "What? You got something against being happy?"
White: "It's contrary to the human condition."
Black: "Contrary to your condition, I gotta agree with that."
White: "Happy?"
Black: "What? Like there ain't no such thing? Not for nobody?"
White: "No!"
Black: "How do we get ourselves in such a fix as this?"
White: "We were born... in such as fix as this. Suffering and human destiny are the same thing. Each is a description of the other."
Black: "We ain't talkin' bout no suffering, we talkin' about being happy."
White: "You can't be happy if you're in pain."
Black: "Why not!?"
White: "You're not making any sense!"
Black: "The point is professor, that if you ain't got no pain in your life, how would you even know if you was happy? Compared to what?"

and the jailhouse story featuring Bish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSXmK-5gU7E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom