• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why have so many SteamGAFfers pre-ordered GTA? For all we know the port could be shit.

Because

F5VPP.png

Anteater

discount and wanting to play it day 1, my friend also bought the social club version and he usually don't purchase shit until it's like a quarter.

Jawmuncher

Because the port for GTA IV was so damn good, Rockstar has earned a lot of PC gamers' trust.

Well to be fair the Max Payne 3 port was pretty good.

Regardless of that, I have waited so long to play GTAV I can wait some more. Hell I might jur borrow the ps4 version off a friend. Since I really don't care about mods or anything. Will be a beat it and quit game like all the other GTAs.

fantomena

I think GMG or something, he mentioned getting it for 40 something, don't know if it's just the regular discount coupon or specifically for GTA5 or him having playfire money though

Yeah, GMG has a discount, but it hilarious shops don't give Steam codes due to most people would rather have it on Steam than Rockstars own service.

it'll be dirt cheap, it's a rockstar/2k game on PC and it's coming out well after 4 different consoles received the game already. I don't see it hold a high price for too long.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh speaking of Simpsons, I'm surprised at the lack of Simpsons-related games in Steam. I wouldn't mind the Simpsons game ported there.

well yea if you played the game you would vote for less shit characters...

I don't like moba in general, I just like the characters :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh speaking of Simpsons, I'm surprised at the lack of Simpsons-related games in Steam. I wouldn't mind the Simpsons game ported there.

EA currently holds the licence and hasn't released a single game on the PC. The last Simpsons game to hit the PC was 2003's Hit & Run.

BigAT

yeah, i dunno about samaritan paradox

there's something to be said for its michael clayton/constant gardener -esque political thriller stuff. it's intriguing in a way few videogames are and the music and the swedish setting and the writing work pretty well to sell that mood. the cryptography thing also makes sense within that context, and it's a cool little way of making sure that some of the puzzles "make sense" within the game's universe

the problem is that most of the puzzles themselves have been really awkward so far. the game boldly assumes you're not an uncultured dumbo like i am, which i guess is fine but it's not like it's asking you to do any sort of interesting deduction. it's like asking you what's the capital of x country but obfuscating that question a bit. while i'm not against the game treating you like a cultured, fully fledged adult (i'm not any of these things), it's not really taxing your brain, it's just random trivia, asked in a bit more cryptic way.

and some of the puzzles are just damn arbitrary. there's an early puzzle in which you have to turn a statue in the directions of some poem. apparently you're supposed to cycle between clockwise and counter clockwise but there was no indication anywhere of that, so i was stuck doing the right combination but in the wrong "way".

had to check up a guide only to find out about that. i end up looking up answers in a guide really often because most of the puzzles are like this. sometimes it's a more pixelhunty thing, or having to "use" instead of "look", something that should've just progressed with the puzzle either (the whole portal 2 ending left click/right click thing). or you'll have to talk to someone to exhaust their dialogue before the main character actually allows you to progress

you almost always solve it in your head, but there's something blocking you from progressing in how the puzzles are designed. you know, unless it's asking me for like musical trivia or that sort of crap.

it's pretty bad, really. it's hardcore in that shitty way that i don't think anyone ever really liked, and it's a pity because the story's actually really compelling so far. lots of mystery and intrigue and it sounds like it's going dark places which is not always the type of thing you'd expect from adventure games

imma keep playing, guide in hand, and at least comment on how the story unfolds.

well yea if you played the game you would vote for less shit characters...

Just finished up Samaritan Paradox yesterday and I can't generally disagree with most of what you're saying. I thought the puzzle solving wasn't all that bad in the first half of the game, but boy did it get really obtuse sometimes in the later parts of the game. Like you said, there were too many times where I knew the solution but just couldn't execute it in whatever odd way the game wanted me to accomplish it.

It got frustrating pretty quick, to the point where I was really quick to reference a guide towards the end just because I wanted to quickly see the story through to its conclusion.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Deitus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-806604AFBD972D36 - Taken by Shalashaska. 63 entrants total.
Besiege -- MB-B6490DCD0AC019A5 - Taken by baterism. 69 entrants total.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -- MB-333890538CAC754E - Taken by chronomac. 83 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-24C96AFA2AE0E673 - Taken by Majukun. 70 entrants total.

t1428330763z1.png

I don't even want Ground Zeroes

while it was shameless of them to try and sell it for $40, at the usual price of ~$10 you'll be getting a bang for your buck. There is like over an hour of audio tapes in the main menu alone that serves to bridge the gap between Peace Walker and MGSV and the actual gameplay that's there is pretty tight and enjoyable.

Jawmuncher

while it was shameless of them to try and sell it for $40, at the usual price of ~$10 you'll be getting a bang for your buck. There is like over an hour of audio tapes in the main menu alone that serves to bridge the gap between Peace Walker and MGSV and the actual gameplay that's there is pretty tight and enjoyable.

lol people already forgetting how i won alien isolation back in the day. Too lazy to dig it up. Though I had bought the game after entering so that's probably the real factor that worked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uhu, they didn't TRY. They DID it. They tried to sell it for 50 EURO, people complained and they lowered the price to 40€.
The fact on PC is 20€ is just because when they released PC version, on console the game was discounted already multiple times up to 70€ off.

He's saying he disagreed with the launch price, not that it didn't happen.

Sarcasm

I tried to play San Andreas twice. Both the times I got bored when you have that stupid bike and you need to do stupid stuff around. I never understood why this game is supposed to be great. Only GTA I liked is Vice City.

I enjoyed GTA2 to Vice with a little bit of 4. BOGT wasn't too bad think it was the better of the 4 lot.

But SA. Do not like.

I tried to play San Andreas twice. Both the times I got bored when you have that stupid bike and you need to do stupid stuff around. I never understood why this game is supposed to be great.

Whoa whoa whoa keep your crazy opinions to yourself man. San Andreas is amazing in scale and design.

I tried to play San Andreas twice. Both the times I got bored when you have that stupid bike and you need to do stupid stuff around. I never understood why this game is supposed to be great. Only GTA I liked is Vice City.

i first played it on the OG xbox when it came out. I just remember going to the gym to get super buff and not doing anything else.

What ever happened to that mod that fixes all the bugs of San Andreas and adds more content?

a lot of shit got borked when they did the recent update to the game. now you have to roll back a couple of updates and then apply a bunch of shit.

I gave up trying to play any of the older GTA games on the PC with a 360 controller as it became too much of a hassle. I guess when i finally decided to seriously play GTA San Andreas it'll be the kinda crappy ps2 version i have on the ps3.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Borealis -- MB-2E5E3AF9A22198CC - Taken by ExoSoul

Why you don't like bike ? :) By the way my real bike was stolen last year so I need to get new.

anything to look forward to this week?

I played San Andreas real late. graphics are crap, controls are crap, shooting is crap. maybe it was a better game back then.

dex3108

I want to play GTA V but i don't want to support this R* bullshit with releasing game year and a half late. Also main concern that i have is that if i buy game later it will be hard to find people to play Heists and other MP missions.

I was in Rome once and I love the city. For being such a huge and busy metropole the people were so frigging nice as well.
Really love Italy.

And with that post I love you as well :)

GTA SA was loved because it had the huge world (multiple big cities and areas in between!) and lots of fun things to do in it. GTA5 has mostly replaced that with the graphical update, but it was pretty mind blowing at the time and was basically as good as Vice City (ie identical missions) or better in just about every way.

Except the music sucked in comparison. Big time.

So, my Crashplan sub will expire in a fortnight, and I'm not sure if I should renew or if I should switch to Backblaze (or some other online backup service). Opinions, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom