• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched Furious 7.

:(

I missed my chance yesterday. Damn family matters. :(
I can't miss it next weekend, too many spoilers out there.

Thanks again to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I'm not exactly thrilled that another year has passed, but you guys certainly helped cheer me up. Maybe this next year I'll actually find time to play games.

Repost for anyone who missed it earlier:

Happy birthday!

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-D0659A60F0BA5268 - Taken by Akuosa

Previous Unclaimed Keys:
A.I.M. 2 Clan Wars -- MB-86FB6FEA3900F1BC - Taken by PunishedSnake
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-7934CA137C1C18FD
Epigenesis -- MB-A2F7FE731030C374 - Taken by yoshizzle
Space Chem -- MB-4464F352753E49C8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Culling of the Cows -- MB-A1CE4D42F520F6A9 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Gun Monkeys -- MB-0E9CBAFA0D57F96E - Taken by schwupp

Deques

I have been playing Dishonored and I am trying the stealth and pacifist style. But that seems not to work. The result tells me that I got detected a few times, unconscious bodies were found and that I killed a few people. What mistakes did I do? I thought that I had people in well hidden places but they get discovered. And I didnt kill anyone, yet the result tells otherwise.

Does hiding people in dumpsters kill them? And are assassination target counted towards kill count?

I have been playing Dishonored and I am trying the stealth and pacifist style. But that seems not to work. The result tells me that I got detected a few times, unconscious bodies were found and that I killed a few people. What mistakes did I do? I thought that I had people in well hidden places but they get discovered. And I didnt kill anyone, yet the result tells otherwise.

Does hiding people in dumpsters kill them? And are assassination target counted towards kill count?
Unconcious people take fall damages, and they could drown, so handle with care. And primary target kills do count as kills, there are other ways to eliminate them though, explore harder.

Grief.exe

Reign of Kings is extremely fun to play with friends.

Be prepared for rough frame rates though. Gsync directly effected my enjoyment as the frame rates would frequently dip into the 30's.

dex3108

You need to be careful when you hide bodies. Water=death, leaving bodies near rats=death... And yes assassination targets count. Every assassination target can stay alive if you do certain things.

Deques

Unconcious people take fall damages, and they could drown, so handle with care. And primary target kills do count as kills, there are other ways to eliminate them though, explore harder.

You need to be careful when you hide bodies. Water=death, leaving bodies near rats=death... And yes assassination targets count. Every assassination target can stay alive if you do certain things.

I noticed that the bodies take fall damage, so I handle them with care, didn't know about that the rats can kill them. Crap, probably that's why. How about hiding them in dumpsters?

How do I kill my targets without actually kill them?

I noticed that the bodies take fall damage, so I handle them with care, didn't know about that the rats can kill them. Crap, probably that's why. How about hiding them in dumpsters?

Dumpsters are fine.

And seriously, explore, outright telling you is no fun.

dex3108

Dumpsters are OK I think. You need to explore levels and listen NPCs and you will find ways to avoid killing assassination targets :D

Elija2

If you have a key for a game that you already own, you can try to activate it to see if it works without it redeeming itself, right?

bakeray

So torn on whether or not to get a new video card for Witcher 3.

I feel if I get a new card then I also need to get a new monitor... which will then make me want yet moar parts.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/combos

Nuuvem has a damn good pacote available right now:

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition

All for $6.45

that's tempting but i think i had enough batman for a lifetime

or at least until the new one is $6.45

"She blinded me with science"
God, Warren. A creep, but I laughed so hard.
i really really hope warren doesn't end up being something really stupid

_hekk05

Banned
How exactly does nuveem work for people in the US?

VPNs are your friends. Though people have been reporting issues with both Hola and FlyVPN.

I remain convinced they did something wrong because there have been no issues for most.

You'll also need a paypal.

Deception

VPNs are your friends. Though people have been reporting issues with both Hola and FlyVPN.

I remain convinced they did something wrong because there have been no issues for most.

You'll also need a paypal.
OK the VPN thing was the only thing I wasn't sure about. The games are region free I presume?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Which VALVE character did you vote for Smash, SteamGAF?

oMy grandma. This friday it was 6 weeks since she passed. So a month and a half shy of 79 years. Not too shabby, but if not for sodding cancer she'd have made it to 89 with ease, and been just as much of a breeze as always.

Alas it wasn't so....

Ahh well condolences.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fwiw, on that same post someone asked about Vita support.

Response to Vita question: Sometime in 2015.

Response to PC question: In a month or two.

So I'm guessing PC is coming first, no contractual obligation to bring Vita first.

M4z5bsF.png

Ah, nice.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No LoL characters in my beloved Smash, pls

Chell I could tolerate though

JaseC

Most of the games will say if it is region blocked. Look @ Saints Row 4 (Which also mentioned BRAZIL in game title).

blmvuj0.png

Also requires steam.

Nuuvem's region-lock notice isn't completely reliable, though. In some cases it's there despite both the game itself and the key having no region restrictions.

$h@d0w

Nuuvem's region-lock notice isn't completely reliable, though. In some cases it's there despite both the game itself and the key having no region restrictions.

Yeah, this was the case with some Rockstar games - you could buy them using a VPN but redeeming the game or launching it were not restricted.

JaseC

Maybe they are too pro-active and just put it there to be safe =O

Yeah, after the Saints Row 4 fiasco it began slapping the notice on new releases from any publisher that had even the slightest history of region-locking.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, i dunno about samaritan paradox

there's something to be said for its michael clayton/constant gardener -esque political thriller stuff. it's intriguing in a way few videogames are and the music and the swedish setting and the writing work pretty well to sell that mood. the cryptography thing also makes sense within that context, and it's a cool little way of making sure that some of the puzzles "make sense" within the game's universe

the problem is that most of the puzzles themselves have been really awkward so far. the game boldly assumes you're not an uncultured dumbo like i am, which i guess is fine but it's not like it's asking you to do any sort of interesting deduction. it's like asking you what's the capital of x country but obfuscating that question a bit. while i'm not against the game treating you like a cultured, fully fledged adult (i'm not any of these things), it's not really taxing your brain, it's just random trivia, asked in a bit more cryptic way.

and some of the puzzles are just damn arbitrary. there's an early puzzle in which you have to turn a statue in the directions of some poem. apparently you're supposed to cycle between clockwise and counter clockwise but there was no indication anywhere of that, so i was stuck doing the right combination but in the wrong "way".

had to check up a guide only to find out about that. i end up looking up answers in a guide really often because most of the puzzles are like this. sometimes it's a more pixelhunty thing, or having to "use" instead of "look", something that should've just progressed with the puzzle either (the whole portal 2 ending left click/right click thing). or you'll have to talk to someone to exhaust their dialogue before the main character actually allows you to progress

you almost always solve it in your head, but there's something blocking you from progressing in how the puzzles are designed. you know, unless it's asking me for like musical trivia or that sort of crap.

it's pretty bad, really. it's hardcore in that shitty way that i don't think anyone ever really liked, and it's a pity because the story's actually really compelling so far. lots of mystery and intrigue and it sounds like it's going dark places which is not always the type of thing you'd expect from adventure games

imma keep playing, guide in hand, and at least comment on how the story unfolds.

Well you know who'd I'd vote for if it's lol

Nasunekton

I don't even play the game :<
well yea if you played the game you would vote for less shit characters...

is Morrowind worth it after putting almost 200 hours in Skyrim?

I really love TES lore, but I don't know if it worth it to invest my time in an older game after playing the sequel.

zkylon

zkylewd
the universe of morrowind is like a lot more interesting imo than skyrim or oblivion, but it's the same game in a different place, so i dunno. morrowind had some pretty crazy looking stuff that's really cool but things like it's awful awful quest log thing don't make it easy to recommend. aside from that the gameplay hasn't evolved too much, as in, combat's not much shittier in morrowind than it is in skyrim, tho it is pretty shit, but you're not really playing elder scrolls games for great combat, and all the going into caves and keeps and more caves and more keeps and stealing shit that you know and love from skyrim is still there, only in a much more interesting world.

but i think there's a skyrim dlc that's set in morrowind? you might want to try that instead if you're unsure about your tolerance level for old game jankiness

i also think there's a mod that like ports morrowind to the oblivion engine? that might be worth trying too

edit: also thanks mr treadwell for aaaaaaaa for the awesome. i entered that cos my friend got to borrow an occulus from work and we were needing occulus games to fool around with. seems like a barf-inducer so that's surely gonna be fun

JaseC

is Morrowind worth it after putting almost 200 hours in Skyrim?

I really love TES lore, but I don't know if it worth it to invest my time in an older game after playing the sequel.

The general consensus is that Morrowind is better than both Oblivion and Skyrim.

edit: also thanks mr treadwell for aaaaaaaa for the awesome. i entered that cos my friend got to borrow an occulus from work and we were needing occulus games to fool around with. seems like a barf-inducer so that's surely gonna be fun

:D that's 'awesome', I only watched the trailer of it and decided I'd never be able to play it without getting sick.

Play it drunk for extra barf points.

The general consensus is that Morrowind is better than both Oblivion and Skyrim.

the universe of morrowind is like a lot more interesting imo than skyrim or oblivion, but it's the same game in a different place, so i dunno. morrowind had some pretty crazy looking stuff that's really cool but things like it's awful awful quest log thing don't make it easy to recommend. aside from that the gameplay hasn't evolved too much, as in, combat's not much shittier in morrowind than it is in skyrim, tho it is pretty shit, but you're not really playing elder scrolls games for great combat, and all the going into caves and keeps and more caves and more keeps and stealing shit that you know and love from skyrim is still there, only in a much more interesting world.

but i think there's a skyrim dlc that's set in morrowind? you might want to try that instead if you're unsure about your tolerance level for old game jankiness

i also think there's a mod that like ports morrowind to the oblivion engine? that might be worth trying too

I think I can't call myself a true Elder Scrolls fan if I only played one game in the series. I know that Morrowind is good, but I'm fearing that it's outdated.
but nevertheless I'll give Morrowind a try.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I can't call myself a true Elder Scrolls fan if I only played one game in the series. I know that Morrowind is good, but I'm fearing that it's outdated.
but nevertheless I'll give Morrowind a try.
it's def outdated, but from the games i've tried it's the one that has the most personality and the only one that didn't bore me to death for whatever that's worth. and like it's definitely playable, i bet there's even mods to significantly improve the journal and everything

daggerfall is supposedly really good as well but i think that one might be really hard to get into

:D that's 'awesome', I only watched the trailer of it and decided I'd never be able to play it without getting sick.
yeah, doesn't sound like something i'd could play for long sessions, and my experience with occulus has always been like 10 minutes tops because it really makes you dizzy, so this is gonna end badly haha

Play it drunk for extra barf points.

yea essentially me and my friend always get drunk whenever there's a chance to (neither of us has any sort of alcohol resistance lol) and since his girlfriend doesn't drink she then carries out both out of embarrassing places, so there's def gonna be a few beers involved

got a bottle of rum and a bottle of tequila to finish off

i also have this really old cinzano that's kind of really awful looking haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom