• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Does Life is Strange have a soundtrack to buy?

They offered the one for episode 1 for free on youtube.
Also this Spotify playlist

I think the whole voice control thing might not have been a good idea but it seems the game offers no alternative.

You can play the entire game with the mouse.

I don't even want Ground Zeroes

I did. Guess he'll keep me waiting a while longer.

i can't even remember a thing from episode 1. totally forgettable episode.

A Zombine. Get it? Heh.

Uzzy

Can't Kill Progress? If it's not a new Deus Ex game, I'm going to be disappointed.

Been playing some ARMA 3, specifically the single player scenario Pilgrimage. Fantastic open world stuff.

efHMA8B.jpg

yes!

giphy.gif

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
Only played Halo 1 with any fervor back in college with other dorm folks, was pissed off that pistols got nerfed in 2 and never played again; could also be that I graduated and got busy, but I'll blame the pistol nerfing.
Halo 2 lan parties every day of a summer camp I was in. Legendary fun. I'd love to experience that again.

dex3108

Is it mi or new games bigger than 30-40GB is not worth pre-loading from Steam anymore? You need more space (double than download was or even more) and decryption takes ages for bigger games.

Nabs

Is it mi or new games bigger than 30-40GB is not worth pre-loading from Steam anymore? You need more space (double than download was or even more) and decryption takes ages for bigger games.

It depends on your download speeds. There are some people who will take a whole week to download GTA V.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Depends on A) How much of a luxury HDD space is for you, and B) Whether or not your connection is capable of downloading the game in the amount of time it would otherwise take to decrypt. I'd wager most would answer A with "Not much" and B "Absolutely not", meaning pre-load periods are still preferable to having to download the game upon release. It'd still take me around 17 hours to pre-load 40GB even if my connection were operating at its usual speed.

dex3108

It depends on your download speeds. There are some people who will take a whole week to download GTA V.

I know and hat is ok. But for people who have good download speed it is bad in my opinion. I know that i will wait W3 to be released before i start download.

Depends on A) How much of a premium HDD space is for you, and B) Whether or not your connection is capable of downloading the game in the amount of time it would otherwise take to decrypt. I'd wager most would answer A with "Not much" and B "Absolutely not", meaning pre-load periods are still preferable to having to download the game upon release.

Yeah but another issue is unnecessary HDD(especially SSD) work time. We all now that it is possible to decrypt Steam files before release and we all know that game won;t work until Valve releases additional files on release day so why bother encrypting those files? SteamPipe compression?

Hugstable

Banned
Kalameet in Dark Souls is a shit boss. Fighting him normal is easy, good luck ever cutting his tail though as a STR character. So stupid they put the best STR weapon behind something that becomes way harder and pretty much impossible as the slower hitting STR character. This is honestly the first time I've noticed in this game where the difficulty seems more luck based on whether he will use the attack where he stands up for a second, and even then good luck getting there quick enough to get off one heavy swing. This fight was not designed well at all for getting this weapon with the type of character it's actually meant for.

EDIT: Just beat him normally, this isn't worth the trouble

madjoki

Depends on A) How much of a luxury HDD space is for you, and B) Whether or not your connection is capable of downloading the game in the amount of time it would otherwise take to decrypt. I'd wager most would answer A with "Not much" and B "Absolutely not", meaning pre-load periods are still preferable to having to download the game upon release.

Valve should really allow saving crypted files on another harddrive.
Only reason it's so slow is because it reads and writes on same drive. (Those extra seeks).

But there's two options that really help this:

1) Symlink preload cache folder to another disk
2) Preload to SSD.

Yeah but another issue is unnecessary HDD(especially SSD) work time. We all now that it is possible to decrypt Steam files before release and we all know that game won;t work until Valve releases additional files on release day so why bother encrypting those files? SteamPipe compression?

It's not possible to decrypt without key. And key is impossible to guess.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
watching that stream .... looks like Squeenix is into snuff films now .... well then ....

iosefe

Don't crush my hopes like that.

let me give you some hope then. the shackles on his wrist have a futuristic stlye to them. with the...yellowish? lights on them

Can't Kill Progress? Progress of the Human Race into an amalgamation of organic and technological components

let me give you some hope then. the shackles on his wrist have a futuristic stlye to them. with the...yellowish? lights on them

Can't Kill Progress? Progress of the Human Race into an amalgamation of organic and technological components

Hitman was the first step in Deus Ex. Or not :p

Backlogger

It's twitch.
Twitch is shit.
Keep refreshing the page until you get the dude in the chair.

Sucks that Twitch can't handle more than 5000 viewers. Seems like it crapped out at around 2000 which is even worse

Edit: I give up, I will just wait and see what gets posted here

Edit 2: Looks like it just crapped out for everyone based on the comments. Worst reveal ever!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah but another issue is unnecessary HDD(especially SSD) work time.

Not really. That's like worrying over the impact running the PS4 in rest mode has on your monthly power bill. ;)

We all now that it is possible to decrypt Steam files before release and we all know that game won;t work until Valve releases additional files on release day so why bother encrypting those files? SteamPipe compression?

It's only possible to decrypt the files before release if the decryption key is known and Valve doesn't voluntarily hold back required game data. The small network activity periods you generally see upon a game unlocking are related to the file verification and decryption process -- Steam isn't actually downloading game data (although I imagine there have been some cases where the public build was modified shortly before release, which would have necessitated the downloading of updated files).

The_Monk

After a long time I finally finished Dark Souls II my good people. I played on a daily-basis since the game was released. I was there, on launch-day at midnight and while I had big expectations for the game I could not had the same amount of fun which I had in the two previously released Souls games. After around 30-40 hours I decided to put it on hold.

Many weeks and months later I decided to give another try and my experience felt better. I felt the reason I was disliking was because I was in an area where I was having a bit of difficulty on a certain boss and to make things worst, the area felt quite dark and depressing affecting my mood to play the game. The other aspect was that I felt the "enemies" were cheap and provided an unfair challenge. This is no surprise to me, because, while I love the games I've never been great at them.

After the credits I went ahead and defeated two optional bosses that I couldn't beat them when I first tried, long time ago. Both were defeated during my first try and I also found a new covenant. I might help some players now as a "Thank you" for all those helpful messages that warned me of danger or hidden items. I already helped around 5-10 brave souls clearing a Boss and it feels great to help others. I'm also aware that there's still more things to be done, I'll look for some of them.

I will be returning to the universe soon, I'm sure of it, but for now I'm really happy for finishing my third Souls game. :)

AHA-Lambda

Looks like we have our first vote on the stream:

What do you prefer classical or folk music?

This is deffo Deus Ex.

EDIT: I think the stream is shitting it self now and giving us both the answers early =/

Turfster

Yeah, this thing is broken as fuck.
If I have to sit through the guy screaming for help one more time...

Okay, I'm bailing.
This is ridiculously drawn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom