• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Hope TITANFALL 2 has some form of Crossplay for PC so it doesn't die being stuck on Origin.

FPS with crossplay.... hahahahaha

I don't think so. Console players would be getting their shit pushed in.

If EA wanted it to do well, they'd put it on Steam and not charge $60 for it. But they don't give a fuck so it'll be Origin exclusive @ $60 and dead within 2 months again.

If EA wanted it to do well, they'd put it on Steam and not charge $60 for it. But they don't give a fuck so it'll be Origin exclusive @ $60 and dead within 2 months again.

i fucked up everyone on PC with a 360 pad so gud isn't limited to kb&m at least where titanfall is concerned

impact

Banned
i fucked up everyone on PC with a 360 pad so gud isn't limited to kb&m at least where titanfall is concerned

You probably fucked everyone up because no one was playing.

You can't possibly think pad would keep up with m/kb in any FPS unless the game is literally aiming for you with the assist.

zkylon

zkylewd
are the newer battlefield games still active?

i don't think it's origin that killed titanfall, it was the price + new ip + no campaign + lack of carrot chasing features on top of origin imo

the game was great, but it regarded itself as an already successful game when it was actually a very new thing that players needed introducing to

kind of reminds me of evolve, too much hubris hurt them i guess

Tizoc

PC Remote Play for PS4 is sweet. Granted I still have connection errors but nothing to serious.
Put in like 2 hours into Ratchet and Clank '16 and had a blast. It's the traditional R&C fare but honestly after so long it was refreshing to get back into it.

Jawmuncher

I still don't think it'd be that big of an issue. If so maybe just make special servers that allow for it. That way those who want to stay on their cliques can.

i don't think it's origin that killed titanfall, it was the price + new ip + no campaign + lack of carrot chasing features on top of origin imo

the game was great, but it regarded itself as an already successful game when it was actually a very new thing that players needed introducing to

BF4 has a decent player size but that's really it. Hardline dropped, Battlefront dropped, so maybe not all of origins fault but still think it'd be better if it wasn't there.

It at least didn't hit a Evolve scenario however. Player counts are still decent on Xbox one, and the game sold quite well. Evolve on the other hand died in under a year and screeched to a hault on sales.

I do think the DLC set up they had planned hurt evolve. But more so that it just wasn't fun to play unless all the requirements was meant. Relief too much on everyone being a good player and the monster to be engaging.

Since it's a game where one player can easily just make it boring for everyone.

Hektor

Battlefield 4 is still well alive with 24K players, but SW: Battlefront and BF: Hardline are deader than dead with respective 6K and 2K players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking invisible inc with its shit sales every time

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm amazed that this still happens:

bBVzNRL.png

Jawmuncher

Battlefield 4 is still well alive with 24K players, but SW: Battlefront and BF: Hardline are deader than dead with respective 6K and 2K players.

6K is about the peak for TITANFALL on Xbox One. Looks worse for those considering its aged compared to them.

6K is about the peak for TITANFALL on Xbox One. Looks worse for those considering its aged compared to them.

it helps that it goes on sale for $5 once every two months so there's a fresh influx of peeps to crush every so often.

Though really if you want to get your shooty on on the Xbox Halo 5 is where its at. No joke, it's my favorite MP FPS of the gen

Jawmuncher

Considering a lot of FPS are made now with consoles in mind first. I don't think M&KB is as such a big advantage as people like to think it is. It's comparable to Controller vs Arcade stick in a way. For most levels of play they aren't too stacked unless you get to the higher tiers. But if you're just doing non-ranked social matches it isn't going to be ridiculous.

With that said something with PC in mind like CSGO would be hell with cross play.

Basically there can be an advantage with the control type. But the person using said control type has to be good as wel for the advantage to show. I could go play with a M&KB right now and get squashed by controllers due to my skill.

Jawmuncher

it helps that it goes on sale for $5 once every two months so there's a fresh influx of peeps to crush every so often.

Though really if you want to get your shooty on on the Xbox Halo 5 is where its at. No joke, it's my favorite MP FPS of the gen

They both scratch different itches for me. TITANFALL is basically what I want COD to be, so it fills my need for that style of game. While Halo is great for the Arena Shooter stuff.

Lain

Hey Pepsimanvsjoe, are you at liberty to say if the Code of Princess port performs well? I know the faq claims as much, but a confirmation is always better (if you can say anything, that is).

dex3108

It's a simple Caesar shift, but I don't feel like typing it out. If you type the message here I'll post it

It starts off "DEAR L, XVII GODDAMNED YEARS"

It says something like this XD

dear l xvii goddamned years after all this time youd think uncle sal would get tired of jamming his hea up my ass like thats ever gonna change ill deal with it what i cant deal with is how this place is a god damned sweat boh you need me back in eb just say the word ill report back on our favorite uncle after i speak with him next week here gett ing together on aprjl xix at viii am et vito

It looks like that new info/trailer is coming April 19th.

Momentary

Banned
Mouse wheel on my mouse seems to be broken. Would scroll down and scrolls erratically.

Anyone recommend a good, wireless replacement?

The G900 has lower latency than wired mice. But it's going to set you back 150. I'm definitely picling it up for my Pascal build.

impact

Banned
I mean I have the kd ratio that suggest otherwise but okay

Well then the game must have some funky aim assist which is getting kills for you

In which case, yea I can see why the game died so fast the first time. Who wants to play a PC FPS where the game plays itself? CS:GO has so many people playing every day because of the exact opposite reason....

zkylon

zkylewd
The limited edition of the Psycho-Pass game looks neat. Might have to get that along with a PC copy.

Honestly though, as long as it features this track I'll be happy. A good game is optional.

coooooooos i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

i can always show my everything to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Well then the game must have some funky aim assist which is getting kills for you

In which case, yea I can see why the game died so fast the first time. Who wants to play a PC FPS where the game plays itself? CS:GO has so many people playing every day because of the exact opposite reason....
ehhhhhh i'd very much be against the idea that the reason ppl paly cs: go is cos it doesn't have aim assist lol

cs go is popular cos it's cheap, runs on everything and is the successor to an insanely popular fps (and i'm sure it's a pretty good game but i can't vouch for that cos i dont like counterstrike)

oh and it's on steam

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If somebody wants to decrypt message XD Mafia 3 related.

It's hard to tell U apart from V to be able to feed this into a substitution cipher program, but here's a first pass (retyped the words by hand, probably made mistakes, took text, fed it to a substitution cipher solver and giving it maximum flexibility to test alternate word boundaries)

DEARL XVII GODDAMNED YEARS AFTER ALL THIS TIME YOU D UNCLE SAL WOULD GETTIRER JAMMING HIS HE A UP MY ASS LIKE THAT SEVER GONNA CHANGE I LL DEAL WITH IT WHAT I CANT DEAL WITH I SHOW THIS PLACE IS A GODDAMNED SWEATBOH YOU NEED ME BACK IN EB JUST SAY THE WORD I LL REPORT BACK ON OUR FAVORITE UNCLEAFTER I SPEAK WITH HIM NEXT WEEK HERE GETTING TOGETHER ON A PRILXIXATVJIJAME TV IT O

Edit: Oh, it's just a caesar shift? Wow, lame.

Knurek

Honestly though, as long as it features this track I'll be happy. A good game is optional.

I really hope this has original voice actors from the Japanese series.
If nitro+ is doing the VN, you can be sure as hell someone mods the original music even if they don't use it for some reason.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Love the banner saga, but fuck Onef.

Missed out on the Reach Boersgard in 120 days achievement by ONE DAY :(

garath

I'm looking for a fun rpg less than $20 that I can kill some time with. Maybe a jrpg. I started hitting the discovery queue and it has a lot of junk in there now.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm looking for a fun rpg less than $20 that I can kill some time with. Maybe a jrpg. I started hitting the discovery queue and it has a lot of junk in there now.

mount & blade and kings bounty are really cool and u can play in small chunks

impact

Banned
coooooooos i feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

i can always show my everything to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ehhhhhh i'd very much be against the idea that the reason ppl paly cs: go is cos it doesn't have aim assist lol

cs go is popular cos it's cheap, runs on everything and is the successor to an insanely popular fps (and i'm sure it's a pretty good game but i can't vouch for that cos i dont like counterstrike)

oh and it's on steam

The reason people play CS:GO is because it's a rewarding shooter where the game gives you nothing. You earn your shit. No auto-aim, no free guns, no jetpacks, no killstreaks, no mechas. All the kills that go down is because you out smarted or out aimed the other dude.

Then you look at games like CoD, Battlefront or Titanfall and it's pretty easy to see why no one gives a fuck about them on PC. Handouts for everyone, you're all winners! It's like Bernie Sanders: The FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom