• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
im tired of all the grossgaters in this thread, leave your ethics out of my league of prettiness

What's a good, like, 5 hour game? I'm tag teaming Oblivion and Pillars of Eternity and I want to throw something in there that I will get to finish in the next month XD.
hmm, that's kind of difficult

i feel like all the non insanely huge games i've been playing lately are like in the 10 hour mark

Ozium

no one here is talking about how ATS and ETS2 have workshop support added? or how nevada cheevos were added to ATS so it must be coming soon....

milamber?

ok

Teggy

SUPERHOT is the most innovative shooter i've played in years

I feel like I've heard that somewhere.

The Fall?

Already played, great game. Maybe I should finally bite the bullet and go back to Undertale since I saved right after what people say is the boring part. But I was kind of thinking something more actiony.

Gunpoint only takes like 3 or 4 hours.

Actually just look up some games from your library on http://howlongtobeat.com/

Ah, that's another one I half finished. I have been wanting someone to come up with a cross-reference between your library and howlongtobeat - that would be so good. I mean, the work must basically be done because there are those sites that will tell you how long it will take to finish your library.

Arthea

Talking about short games, I'm too tired today to play anything, anybody knows any relaxing game that is not bad and I haven't played it yet?

Scythian

Hoped there would be a Dark Souls II sale since III is coming out today... oh well, I'll continue with my DS1 playthrough until summer sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
At least it's not gross.
who said it wasn't

It is ok game zky :p
it's terrible in almost every conceivable way

collectathon that is actually the game's main gameplay - check!
super predictable story with terrible plot twists - check!
poorly written fetch quests for unlikeable npcs - check!
offensive portrayals of gender violence and mental institutions - check!
insta-death stealth sections - check!
pointless poorly written audilogs - check!
backtracking in a linear game - check!

there's a good idea behind dapper ghost cop dude, but the execution is nothing like it

that game is a total nightmare

Is there a known issue where achievements don't register with some fix?

Two of the recent games I've played haven't popped achievements as I've earned them, one of them having its own in-game tally for achievements showing I earned them, but they don't show on Steam. In between those two games I did have a game pop an achievement properly. So it could just be luck of the draw that I'm playing games that have achievement issues. Specifically it's Tetrobot & Co. and Brushwood Buddies.

Not that achievements are a huge deal but it's still annoying since I do enjoy checking them out and now they're not coming along.

Also, today I hit 600 Steam games. Woo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont know why I keep preloading when its faster for me to download games than it is for steam to decrypt them >_>

Teggy

oh i know a short game

squarecells!

Eh, no puzzle games.

Murdered Soul Suspect is not bad game and it was in Humble Bundle.

i don't claim to know much in life but one thing i do know is that murdered soul suspect is a bad, bad, BAD game

BAD

I'm getting conflicting messages here.

You can beat a few Way of the Samurai 3 story paths in that time or less :)

I feel like this is a trap.

Eh, no puzzle games.

I'm getting conflicting messages here.

I feel like this is a trap.

It's not a trap!

If you buy Way of the Samurai 3 then you won't need any other short game, because whenever you feel like beating one you can just fire up WotS 3 and beat another story path :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Want the safety blanket in case Steam bandwidth goes to shit in your current isp?

its daily

edit: the throttle, not any sort of cap, we dont have those. they throttle you like a motherfucker if you go overboard tho

Teggy

OK, I'm coming up with some options here, what say you:

Refunct
Steamworld Dig
Tiny & Big
Intrusion 2
Consortium
Teslagrad
Freedom Planet
Hack N' Slash

Chariot

DC90520B939646DCCD4B533305FF6E7DD29DE73B
Easiest Round of that game.

Rhaknar

OK, I'm coming up with some options here, what say you:

Refunct
Steamworld Dig
Tiny & Big
Intrusion 2
Consortium
Teslagrad
Freedom Planet
Hack N' Slash

Steamworld Dig, because I only played that and Tiny, and its the better game. Tiny is cute too, and very short, you can finish it in like 2 hours.

Vuze

Not sure what's worse, people with free early copies already selling DS3 cards for like 1,50€ or people actually buying them at that price point heh

yuraya

No way DS3 hits 200k. That is like Bethesda territory.

DS2 peak was 79k. As long as it does higher than that it will be good news.

Probably have to wait until the weekend to see the peak anyways. That is how it was with The Division which got 113k.

Ozium

no one should buy WOTS 3 or 4

no one should buy anything until the summer sale, unless it is a new release you've been anticipating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom