• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Curved swords are so OP, I mean unless you like actually not dying or something.

DONjXRF.jpg

People often do the exact opposite of what they're told don't ya know?

Why doesn't Bamco steal my million dollar idea and put SotFS on sale?

because why would they hurt the sales of DS3 by selling DS2? They want you on the new ish, selling you the old ish isn't a priority right now.

I managed to pick it up for $16 from gamersgate a few months back, $15 is typically my impulse purchase price and i was happy to pay just a dollar above it to finally check the game out

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a fantastic game title

Phew, my gpu isn't dead afterall. Not sure what was wrong with it. I only took it out, cleaned it and put it back in, it didn't appear to be dirty though so it was probably not connected properly.
Let's take a moment to reflect on how we take our gpus for granted while always demanding so much from them.

Hektor

The best invades are the ones in which the opponents summons end up killing us all by throwing fireballs in an enlcosed area with boom boxes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh yeah...Mighty Number 9 never came out did it >_>

kagamin

The best invades are the ones in which the opponents summons end up killing us all by throwing fireballs in an enlcosed area with boom boxes.

The best invasions are the ones where I followed around the host applauding them whenever they beat an an enemy, all the way to the fog gate even.

JarrodL

Fuck you, Dark Souls II.

The one time in like 30 game hours when I didn't poke the chest to first make sure it's not a mimic, guess what it turned out to be. But of course...

And that
headless medusa in a poison lake
is a bitch and as cheap as boss design gets. What the hell were they thinking.

Also, what's with the insane amount of scripted invasions and forced "you're being summoned as a spirit" stuff? I just want to explore this area in peace, leave me alone Dark Souls.

j1ojq8O.gif

I really enjoy the rest of the game though, despite these temporary annoyances. And I absolutely love the new feature that removes mobs from the world that have been killed over and over again. Finally, this should have been in the series starting with Demons Souls.

Fuck you, Dark Souls II.

The one time in like 30 game hours when I didn't poke the chest to first make sure it's not a mimic, guess what it turned out to be. But of course...

And that
headless medusa in a poison lake
is a bitch and as cheap as boss design gets. What the hell were they thinking.

Also, what's with the insane amount of scripted invasions and forced "you're being summoned as a spirit" stuff? I just want to explore this area in peace, leave me alone Dark Souls.

j1ojq8O.gif

I really enjoy the rest of the game though, despite these temporary annoyances. And I absolutely love the new feature that removes mobs from the world that have been killed over and over again. Finally, this should have been in the series starting with Demons Souls.

There's a way to drain the poison.

yeah i never dealt with the poison around her at all. Also, she's a pushover.

I don't remember if there are any summons nearby but i think there might be one? Or maybe i was rolling like 2-3 deep when i played through that area.

last, the fake invasion thing is nothing new, Dark Souls 1 had them. Here, they at least provide you with an easy human effigy for your troubles.

Balthuk

Has anyone tried turning off the minimap in Mad Max? Is there even a choice to do that? Would it be worth it in your opinion to play the game like that if it is possible?
If you haven't played Mad Max, do comment about the concept of turning off map or even waypoints in order to immerse yourself in the game world.

Got the idea from this tweet from Superbunnyhop:

I truly enjoyed Witcher 3, but distinctly remembering it ascending to that *next level* after I turned the minimap totally off

Arthea

you people say SE does stealth releases of their japanese games without any promotions. that's not true, I got an e-mail about FF9 releasing on steam and it's only two days late!

Nzyme32

oh yeah...Mighty Number 9 never came out did it >_>

Mighty Number 9 is the first Kickstarter that I regret backing.

Hilariously, the only other game I am disappointed with that I backed on Kickstarter was "Into the Stars", which isn't even terrible - just not what I expected of the game, yet Mighty number 9 was still worse before it has even released since it can't even do that right

Edit - LOL Inafune released Mario Maker Levels before Mighty Number 9 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwo5SOAlXpU

Edit - LOL Inafune released Mario Maker Levels before Mighty Number 9 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwo5SOAlXpU

Inafune isn't developing the game though, he conceptualizes this stuff, gets dumb people's money for it, and then hires a studio or two to develop his idea.

this would be like being bothered that sakaguchi isn't sitting in front of a computer coding the latest mistwalker game or something. Inafune is an idea man, he's a middle man, and yes, before anyone posts that stupid tweet, he's a business man. His development days are long behind him.

Nzyme32

Inafune isn't developing the game though, he conceptualizes this stuff, gets dumb people's money for it, and then hires a studio or two to develop his idea.

this would be like being bothered that sakaguchi isn't sitting in front of a computer coding the latest mistwalker game or something. Inafune is an idea man, he's a middle man, and yes, before anyone posts that stupid tweet, he's a business man. His development days are long behind him.

This is already obvious, but remembering the name of the company is hard, not to mention it is still a reflection of his business and ability to produce games which he is still doing, or at least to the best of my knowledge.

MUnited83

For you.
Eh, one of the things I really liked about DS2 was how they actually rewarded you for exploring, taking your time and defeating your enemies instead of just running past everything. The series really could use more of that, even if not all of them are well executed.

As examples :
You can light fires to the Sinner's boas room, make it much easier to see the boss room.

By defeating the huge knights at tower of flame you will unlock switches to make the bosses area bigger so it isn't as easy to get knocked off it by the boss

Setting the windmill on fire to eliminate most of the poison in the boss room, as well as a couple of other areas with good items previously unexplored)

Being careful and not letting the undeads at undead crypt ring the bells to call reinforcements

Carefully lighting up The Gutter to make it easier to navigate
Really wish Bloodborne and DS3 borrowed some of those concepts :/

This is already obvious, but remembering the name of the company is hard, not to mention it is still a reflection of his business and ability to produce games which he is still doing, or at least to the best of my knowledge.

I mean he hired Inti Creates

a Japanese video game development company formed by ex-Capcom staff in May 1996, best known for the creation of the Mega Man Zero series[1] and Mega Man ZX series.

and also makers of mega man 9 and 10. Seems like he hired the right folks to make MN9 by all accounts so who knows where the faults lie. But if the man can't even put up a damn Mario Maker level without the pitchforks being brought out then who is the real monster here?

mind you, i think he's been sneaky about this whole thing yet if you didn't want to take on the risks normally associated with helping fund a game then, well, don't take that risk because a long and troubled development cycle is possible with every game regardless of who is making it.

rtcn63

and also makers of mega man 9 and 10. Seems like he hired the right folks to make MN9 by all accounts so who knows where the faults lie. But if the man can't even put up a damn Mario Maker level without the pitchforks being brought out then who is the real monster here?

Man. Man is the real monster.

They're called walkers now, shaka brah.
Eh, one of the things I really liked about DS2 was how they actually rewarded you for exploring, taking your time and defeating your enemies instead of just running past everything. The series really could use more of that, even if not all of them are well executed.

As examples :
You can light fires to the Sinner's boas room, make it much easier to see the boss room.

By defeating the huge knights at tower of flame you will unlock switches to make the bosses area bigger so it isn't as easy to get knocked off it by the boss

Setting the windmill on fire to eliminate most of the poison in the boss room, as well as a couple of other areas with good items previously unexplored)

Being careful and not letting the undeads at undead crypt ring the bells to call reinforcements

Most of that stuff is vestigial, from when the torch system was something... significant.

I still really wonder what DS2 was originally envisioned as.

xist

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the Homeworld Collection in the Humble Bundle....will I hate myself for missing out? I'm not the biggest RTS fan, but the idea of what reads like a Battlestar Galactica game sounds great.

Jawmuncher

As examples :

Being able to run past shit is the biggest flaw I've seen the games keep. A lot of times it was better to run through an area grabbing all the stuff you could before dying and getting to the next bonfire than it is to take your time through it. Talking mainly for the first time in a new area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom