• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'll have no commitments for E3 this year so I'm looking forward to being a sheep and being told what to be excite about.

But really, E3 is entertaining at times.

KingKong

A masterpiece wouldnt have OTG attacks. Or attacks that hit you through walls. Or a busted magic system compared to previous games. Yes its nitpicks but youre the one that said masterpiece. I just think its an awesome game lol.

And I still think that much lauded obfuscation of quests and systems the series is now known for to be a bad thing and less and less cute the more games into it we are.

Edit: and no lows?
Smouldering Lake
is one of if not the worst zone in any Souls game. Give me 10 Izaliths over it.

sorry, just wanted to follow up, but I think we have some real rose tinted glasses with Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I love DS1 so I don't even want to replay it to ruin it, but when you think about it pre-DLC it only has two great boss fights and a whole lot of easy and gimmicky ones, and the big interconnected world is really mostly in the first third or so.

The actual zone design in DS3 is head and shoulders above the other Souls games

I don't post in DS3 OT is because it moves at at least 50 pages a day, ain't got time for all of that.
A masterpiece wouldnt have OTG attacks. Or attacks that hit you through walls. Or a busted magic system compared to previous games. Yes its nitpicks but youre the one that said masterpiece. I just think its an awesome game lol.

And I still think that much lauded obfuscation of quests and systems the series is now known for to be a bad thing and less and less cute the more games into it we are.

Edit: and no lows?
Smouldering Lake
is one of if not the worst zone in any Souls game. Give me 10 Izaliths over it.
Yep, casters in general really got the short end in DS3. They are especially useless in some levels with few bonfires in between.

Anyone knows what to do in Smouldering Lake?

Like I killed that boss there, that worm but I dont have a clue where to go. There are some people firing at me.

I actually like the DS3 magic system. I just make myself invisible and shoot the enemies like that.

Yep, casters in general really got the short end in DS3. They are especially useless in some levels with few bonfires in between

I dont think so. When you get the invisibility spell, the game becomes easy besides the bosses.

yuraya

I'll have no commitments for E3 this year so I'm looking forward to being a sheep and being told what to be excite about.

But really, E3 is entertaining at times.

All signs point to the MS, Sony and Nintendo announcing new hardware. So the console wars will be elevated to a higher level. The drama and meltdowns alone I think will make this E3 pretty good. There is gonna be so much talk of pees and framerates. Please be excited!

but you see, trailers are full of spoilers! most of them anyway.
I'm also very touchy about spoilers, but I would never go so far as telling people not to discuss a game because of it.
I just nicely ask to use spoiler tags whenever in doubt and when talking about major things in games, be it plot devices or gameplay mechanics or game changing strategies, that is all. And even then, some spoilers will slip one way or another and it's not the end of a world really, considering internets are miserable pile of spoilers after all.

I agree. And maybe it's my ignorance again, but I just don't understand how area names and boss names (to an extent) qualify as spoilers for the Souls series. It's just one of those things I don't understand.

I don't post in DS3 OT is because it moves at at least 50 pages a day, ain't got time for all of that.

my man.

Sch1sm

Like I killed that boss there, that worm but I dont have a clue where to go. There are some people firing at me.

I actually like the DS3 magic system. I just make myself invisible and shoot the enemies like that.

I dont think so. When you get the invisibility spell, the game becomes easy besides the bosses.

You need to go through
the double doors that showed up after beating Wolnir in Catacombs of Carthus

E: my route is to gtfo out of Smouldering Lake and move on, not explore, js

Hektor

Somewhere near the boss entry is a way upwards a bit, with a crack in the wall

When you're coming from the boss, it's somehwere on the left side

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sorry, just wanted to follow up, but I think we have some real rose tinted glasses with Demon Souls and Dark Souls. I love DS1 so I don't even want to replay it to ruin it, but when you think about it pre-DLC it only has two great boss fights and a whole lot of easy and gimmicky ones, and the big interconnected world is really mostly in the first third or so.

The actual zone design in DS3 is head and shoulders above the other Souls games

err...who said anything about demons and dark? you are barking up the wrong tree mate, demons is my least favorite along with bloodborne, and DS1 has plenty of flaws aswell (mostly the series flaws I mentioned and some abysmal zones)

KingKong

err...who said anything about demons and dark? you are barking up the wrong tree mate, demons is my least favorite along with bloodborne, and DS1 has plenty of flaws aswell (mostly the series flaws I mentioned and some abysmal zones)

ah ok, I thought you were comparing DS3 to the other ones. Maybe I confused you with another poster that said they were their favourite games and series

to me, as a fan of the series, this is by far the best one in pretty much every aspect

mp1990

Banned
Yeah I can definitely understand where people who're very sensitive to spoilers are coming from. I used to be like that, but on a whole different magnitude, to a point where I'd drop games (or any media piece in general) if I got spoiled the slightest, even if it was a simple mechanic in a game. Nowadays, I couldn't care less, sometimes I even spoil myself on things I plan on consuming. With that said, I like to think that I'm minority here, and most people don't have the same thick skin as I do, so I keep my spoiler output in my posts to a minimum.

Oh man, so sorry to hear. I feel for you :'(
What model is it and what year you got it? Hope your warranty will take care of it. Good luck!

Thanks. It's a 280X.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, but thanks.

I guess we can only talk about 'releases' in here and not games people are actually playing? That makes sense.

This happens with every major release that a lot of people are playing, but the Souls series is the only one people get butthurt about. I don't get it. I'd rather have an actual discussion with people here instead of getting ignored in the OT, but whatever.

Why are you assuming you will get ignored in the OT? It's one of the most helpful communities in gaming. It's part of the fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ah ok, I thought you were comparing DS3 to the other ones. Maybe I confused you with another poster that said they were their favourite games and series

to me, as a fan of the series, this is by far the best one in pretty much every aspect

im that weird outlier that likes DS2 the best lol. Well I did until 3. Im not shitting on 3, its my favorite probably like I said, will most likely be my goty and its easily another one of my favorite games ever...

...I just dont think they are "masterpieces" at all :)

but what do I know, im loving Mad Max for example, I have weird tastes. 15 hours and first major zone fully cleared woot. Good times

Rhaknar

Bundlestars doesn't even load right for me. What's the whole bundle?

dustforce dx
lichdome battlemage
cook serve delicious
year walk
distraint
contagion
theHunter: Primal
Giana sisters twisted dreams
giana sisters twisted dreams rise of the overlord
giana sisters dream runners

2€ for the first 48hrs

Lain

dustforce dx
lichdome battlemage
cook serve delicious
year walk
distraint
contagion
theHunter: Primal
Giana sisters twisted dreams
giana sisters twisted dreams rise of the overlord
giana sisters dream runners

2€ for the first 48hrs

Thanks, site still looks busted for me.

Rhaknar

Ucchedavāda;201271590 said:
Off the ground, i.e. attacks that can continue after the opponent has hit the ground, if I am not mistaken.

yes sir

Jawmuncher

That's definitely a good bundle for just 2 dollars. Hunter Primal is pretty cool, need to see what the final upgrade brought. But it was an interesting hunting game take.

Rhaknar

Legend of Kay Remastered 66% off is actually tempting (weekly)

I either already own these or don't care to.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dustforce DX -- MB-CF3C46ABC7148665 - Taken by kagamin
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle -- MB-95E445AF72F19815 - Taken by septicore
DISTRAINT -- MB-B465B273ED28A452 - Taken by redlacs
Contagion -- MB-76B4FC3B869B591A - Taken by Lashley
theHunter: Primal -- MB-C78F5D434DC61322 - Taken by Purkake4

Sch1sm

Just too busy feeling the Bern.

RIP Karl

Bravo. Well done. 10/10, Messiah. I laughed.

------

Walking Dead S2 - Episode 2, though. William. Fucking Carver. That's all I got. Genuinely thought
Nick was dead
after
sacrificing himself as a distraction so
Clem got back to the cabin, tbh.
What a guy.
. ;-;

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khronico, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Giana Sisters Twisted Bundle -- MB-D44D24F29E545359 - Taken by fspm
Distraint -- MB-0676CA1802D62B10 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Contagion -- MB-467AEC7B5933DD69 - Taken by Lain
Giana Sisters Dream Runners -- MB-C7EDA29C9252C8BF - Taken by SSPssp
Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-62A3EFB94D19F87D - Taken by bloke
Dustforce DX -- MB-83F1093F4AD4861A - Taken by mp1990
Year Walk -- MB-47E44863D2E992B8 - Taken by Dr.Social
Here's some more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom