• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regginator

i think it was an honest mistake, but yea, gotta be careful about this stuff

if it helps there are other neat surprises even if that one got spoiled for u

bullshit honest mistake, one doesn't show off a screenshot of what i assume is a late-game area in a general thread as this. untagged at that.

fuck you once again dragon dick

Got my upgraded internet finally sorted out today after a few problems.

xsR6ABF.png

Tellaerin

"Why do you have 70 hours in HuniePop??" is not a question you want to answer?

34 hours here. :p

NO RAGRETS

Sure, the writing's pretty terribad (though arguably in a "so bad it's good" way), and the whole thing reeks of missed potential, but it turned out to be a fun little puzzle game with some nice character art. (Though I'm still waiting for someone to combine a good VN or dating sim with solid gameplay, the way it seemed like HuniePop was going to back when it was first announced. Something that does for dating sims what Puzzle Quest did for RPG's.)

Jawmuncher

34 hours here. :p

NO RAGRETS

Sure, the writing's pretty terribad (though arguably in a "so bad it's good" way), and the whole thing reeks of missed potential, but it turned out to be a fun little puzzle game with some nice character art. (Though I'm still waiting for someone to combine a good VN or dating sim with solid gameplay, the way it seemed like HuniePop was going to back when it was first announced. Something that does for dating sims what Puzzle Quest did for RPG's.)

I agree with this. The puzzle game is fun, but I really did expect far more VN elements. They were far too light. There needed to be more stuff like the character introductions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can see why they want to do this. Get more people on Mobile Auth, while curbing cheaters. But at the same time I don't like how much they've been on wanting people's phone numbers for regular features.

"Sorry, but to purchase an item from the Steam Store during the 2016 Summer Sale, you must be using the Steam Mobile Authenticator." :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"Sorry, but to purchase an item from the Steam Store during the 2016 Summer Sale, your account must be secured using the Steam Mobile Authenticator for more than 30 days." :p

FTFY

rtcn63

I've watched other people play Dark Souls, Resident Evil, Evil Within, etc. so many times, often before playing them myself. I'm a terrible person.

Watching GI's DS3 run, although I kinda wished they'd go back to Demon's Souls (which I progressed but never finished, fucking
giant manta ray in the sky
). They said they will eventually.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've watched other people play Dark Souls, Resident Evil, Evil Within, etc. so many times, often before playing them myself. I'm a terrible person.

Watching GI's DS3 run, although I kinda wished they'd go back to Demon's Souls (which I progressed but never finished, fucking
giant manta ray in the sky
). They said they will eventually.

i actually watched a ton of playthroughs too

watched giantbomb's patrik klepek, vinny caravella and i started dan's, i watched enb beat every game like twice, i watched jeff green's which was hilarious and watched speedruns of every souls game. haven't gotten around watching kay's playthroughs but i bet those are pretty great too

it's a great game to watch other people play i think. it's very enjoyable watching other people figure it out

Uzzy

"Sorry, but to purchase an item from the Steam Store during the 2016 Summer Sale, you must be using the Steam Mobile Authenticator." :p

"Sorry, but to purchase this item from the Steam Store during the 2017 Summer Sale, you must be a Steam Prime member and be using the Steam Mobile Authenticator."

I'm going to try not to play any EtG this weekend and spend my videogame time with some narratively focused games, such as Telltale's Borderlands and A Golden Wake.

louiedog

Macheist is running an indie game bundle with Steam keys.

There's a game you can run through to learn more about them and also get a few free games, all of which also work on Windows of course.

The freebies are:

A Bird Story
Cloud Knights
Defend Your Life

You can also click on the titles to go directly to the keys if you want to skip the game. Thanks to Madjoki for that.

The bundle includes:

$1 or more
  • To The Moon
  • Offspring Fling
  • Deponia
  • Indie Game The Movie
$20 or more
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Insurgency
  • Gone Home
  • Braid
  • Fez (locked)
  • Prison Architect (locked)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are you ready to command space fleets, rhaknar?

The classic Games Workshop boardgame, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada has finally landed in Real-Time Strategy form, and we’re giving you 20% off! Command space fleets of Orks, Eldar, Imperium and more in this meticulously detailed classic.

APR20 *

You can also add an additional 20% discount at the basket, but this offer will end soon, so act fast!

got excited about this GMG email except its not true, Battlefleet is not 20% off :/

dex3108

Have you ever wanted to Kappa just 1 person but not Kappa everyone?

Their main feature is streaming video content and they spend time on other things instead of that. You still can't rewind live stream like you can on YouTube, chat is useless because it is so fast on streams with high view count, there are no good tools for Q&A parts and so on but they are implementing friends and 1:1 chat. XD

Lomax

TIL there is a Kick-Ass 2 game. It is $20 on Steam and has really bad reviews. But it's in this bundle!

Flying UIG Bundle 2

$1.99

Bloodbath
Dr. Watson - Riddle of the Catacombs
Highland Warriors
Kick-Ass 2
NY Bus Simulator
NY Taxi Simulator
Them - The Summoning
Transport Giant

I loved Kick-Ass and enjoyed Kick-Ass 2 movies. One dark day I played all the way through the Kick-Ass 2 game in a single sitting and got 100% of the achievements (like 6-7 hours or so). It's pretty terrible. But if you're looking for something completely mindless and you just want to beat on things, it's there. The writing and voice work make the movie look like an oscar winner though.

Phinor

Twitch added friends and chat with friends.

They add useless features for the same reason every company keeps doing stupid shit, like Twitter adding the timeline feature or thinking about changing their whole concept of tweets being short. The reason? Infinite growth. They have to keep growing, to keep growing they hire new people and when you add new people, you have to think of something for them to do. After a while the projects you start get worse and worse. It's a horrible cycle that pretty much always turns into layoffs and restructuring and often the company folding (or some other even more stupid company buying them to help with their infinite growth). It just never ends.

For example Twitter has roughly 4000 employees. Customer service, sure, but 40% of their employees are in technical roles. Now try and find enough work for 1.5k+ technical people to do when Twitter is such a simple concept that was pretty much perfected half a decade ago.

Red Hood

Banned
I see there's been another DS3 spoiler discussion here. It's been literally just a few days ago when I urged to avoid in-depth discussion and to leave it for the OT or other relevant threads, much less without spoiler tags, and apparently it still happens. Luckily the spoiler in question has already been tagged so I haven't seen it, but I can understand the outrage. It's really basic guys, I used to think it's just common courtesy.

Lomax

They add useless features for the same reason every company keeps doing stupid shit, like Twitter adding the timeline feature or thinking about changing their whole concept of tweets being short. The reason? Infinite growth. They have to keep growing, to keep growing they hire new people and when you add new people, you have to think of something for them to do. After a while the projects you start get worse and worse. It's a horrible cycle that pretty much always turns into layoffs and restructuring and often the company folding (or some other even more stupid company buying them to help with their infinite growth). It just never ends.

For example Twitter has roughly 4000 employees. Customer service, sure, but 40% of their employees are in technical roles. Now try and find enough work for 1.5k+ technical people to do when Twitter is such a simple concept that was pretty much perfected half a decade ago.

Of course the opposite is valve, who badly needed to add about 2000 employees for Steam a few years ago, but refuses to, and yet still adds features but never gets them working fully or in the way they are originally proposed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man that lying GMG email bummed me out lol. god damn it >_<

neonglow

Macheist is running an indie game bundle with Steam keys.

There's a game you can run through to learn more about them and also get a few free games, all of which also work on Windows of course.

The freebies are:

A Bird Story
Cloud Knights
Defend Your Life

You can also click on the titles to go directly to the keys if you want to skip the game. Thanks to Madjoki for that.

The bundle includes:

$1 or more
  • To The Moon
  • Offspring Fling
  • Deponia
  • Indie Game The Movie
$20 or more
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Insurgency
  • Gone Home
  • Braid
  • Fez (locked)
  • Prison Architect (locked)

Thanks! The free games look decent and were easy to get. I probably won't buy the bundle since I already own 6 of the games.

fantomena

On one side I kinda want to remove games like Bad Rats, on another side, I never remove games from my collection now matter how terribad they are.

I still have this poop:

320724_front.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

A Bird Story -- MB-44FEFECD7EE67034 - Taken by UnderWaterTree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom