• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, hey, I lucked out for once.

watchpaintdryctucf.jpg

100 keys were awarded randomly to those who purchased Groupees' Tax Year 2 bundle at $5 or higher.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Valkrai, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Valkrai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta #2 (Origin) -- MB-05DA51B44525D70E - Taken by Anteater. 13 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta (Origin) -- MB-56A6AB192950D461 - Taken by Sarcasm. 13 entrants total.

t1461346929z1.png

sadblob

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-27697A69D90254EF - Taken by Lashley
Adorables -- MB-C9629A4EA66B3E1A - Taken by Kifimbo
Devil's Share -- MB-AB6418A386609B45 - Taken by Saty
Temper Tantrum -- MB-6306037F64B72E5D - Taken by krczt23
16-bit Trader -- MB-D9815DF21BFCC2F1 - Taken by Lashley
Outdrive -- MB-5CBB2E8823B6D058 - Taken by Zeeman
Previously free stuff.

Hektor

I'm tempted by Turok. But I dunno if I should spend that much.
Then again this might speed up getting Turok 2008 on steam. I'm conflicted.
5e1de729ad4bec72b78b751b188b265d.png

If you don't buy it, you might tell the publishers that there is no desire for dinosaur games wether old or new. Who knows.

Tellaerin

Kinda off topic but, considering people still want Tekken 7 to come to PC it is still on topic.

Tekken x Street Fighter No Longer in Active Development

Guess ill eat crow then. If anything I thought Akuma in Tekken 7 was a test for Tekken x Street Fighter.

After Street Fighter V maybe they want to think a bit more about it.

Ah, that sucks.

What I like about these company crossovers is that you get to see how both companies handle the same base material, how they put their own spin on it. It was neat to contrast Capcom vs. SNK and SNK vs. Capcom for that reason. (That collab also gave us the best fighting game for the NGPC, but that's another story.) I was looking forward to seeing the Street Fighter stable get the Namco treatment.

It'd be nice if Namco picks up development again at some point, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

"clean visuals, and many beautiful girls."
That's a steamgaf game alright.

I can't say I have a problem with this.

Welp bought Melty Blood thru Nuuvem. Pretty dang shocked the payment actually went through seeing that payment for the latest Blazblue game was denied and both games are published by the same company.

Anyhoo so happy to hear better netcode is coming to the game soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
unskipable credits, bad Supergiant Games, bad!

Anyway Bastion was pretty fucking cool, especially after I got used to the sluggish movement. I wish it was a bit longed, beause by the time you get all the upgrades you want for your weapons (or by the time you get that kick ass weapon near the end), the game ends. Still, no reason to have put it off for so long, and everyone that didbnt feel it the first time around like me should deffinately give it another chance

Jawmuncher

unskipable credits, bad Supergiant Games, bad!

Anyway Bastion was pretty fucking cool, especially after I got used to the sluggish movement. I wish it was a bit longed, beause by the time you get all the upgrades you want for your weapons (or by the time you get that kick ass weapon near the end), the game ends. Still, no reason to have put it off for so long, and everyone that didbnt feel it the first time around like me should deffinately give it another chance

Game still won't work with any controller I throw at it.
I'll just play it on 360, bought it there ages ago anyway.

JaseC

Looks like some Lionsgate movies are now available on Steam. Hunger Games, Sicario. For US folks I guess.

Seems they're just rentals, at least for the time being. I was hoping for Lionsgate UK to eventually release Brooklyn, but I'd rather own it on Steam than merely watch it on Steam.

JaseC

sicario is a terrible movie btw

You're just saying that because of how Enemy ends, aren't you? ;)

On a related note, I was playing Ratchet & Clank 2016 yesterday and Captain Qwark said a few words about hating spiders. It reminded me of you.

Hektor

You know, i really love the idea of steam selling movies.

But if the library only grows so slowly, the movies beeing only available in america and animes only having english dubs, it won't work ever.

C4rter

Is Resident Evil 1 HD from Nuuvem Region Locked? I'll never learn to understand Steam DB. Can somebody tell me how to check this?

Bigby

There's more, won't post store pages: Twilight, The Last Witch Hunter, Divergent, Leprechaun (whatever the hell it is), Dredd.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it just me or did Steam update the header on its webpage? The font looks different.
steamwtjd5.png

They updated the header font in last week's Tuesday update - it's been like that for about 10 days now.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're just saying that because of how Enemy ends, aren't you? ;)
lol honestly i can't even remember

it reminded me a lot of the hurt locker, which is a movie i found to be like really good at building tension but probably one of the least effective "anti-war" movies i've ever seen. this is kind of the same, and i really hate it when movies try to pretend to have some sort of conscience but then they end up justifying what they're supposed to criticize

me and my friends were pretty down on it but then we watched the lobster and it was like world's awesome again

On a related note, I was playing Ratchet & Clank 2016 yesterday and Captain Qwark said a few words about hating spiders. It reminded me of you.
aww

i actually never played a ratched & clank game so i was kind of hoping to catch the movie. i wonder how that is, seems like one of the few videogame movies that might make sense

It's... safe. By the book. The
ending being only the really memorable part. Emily Blunt is similar to Ethan Hawke from Training Day and other doe-eyed, naive rookies, except even less interesting.
yeah that's a fair comparison and you're totally right when you say everything about it is less interesting

i think there's a lot of great material for a movie in like cia interventionism outside and inside the states, their relationship with the different cartels and mercenary groups and whatever. it can be all fiction and conspiracy stuff but in a way that mirrors reality to a point and is compelling somewhat

but this was not it

Balthuk

So a friend logged into steam to play Rocket League and I found out that I couldn't add him. He hasn't made any steam purchases, he's mostly plays on his console, or f2p stuff such as warframe.
I realize why he can't add people before buying something over $5, he could be a scammer/bot/etc but why can I not add him? How does that make sense? And since I couldn't add him I couldn't play Rocket League online with him, could only do so with bots.
>>
--
I think I'll stick to only few games in order to make it less complicated. I'll buy Rocket League, start Planescape Torment at last and keep playing stealth inc 2 and neverending nightmares.
So about Neverending Nightmares. It's supposed to be 1.5/2 hours long and I'm almost 1 hour in. Can only play for 20-30 minutes before I get too spooked but it's long enough I guess. The game sure is something so far.

Phinor

sicario is a terrible movie btw

Only the best movie of last year.

Too bad all film licenses are a complete shit show so things like movies in Steam will literally never happen in most regions. And thanks to those same licenses, most movies released in Finland are worthless garbage tier versions so I have to buy most of my Blu-rays from UK/elsewhere. If only local businesses decided to release proper versions instead of trying to save pennies and in turn ruin everything. If games got anything right, it's availability in digital form. Mostly.

Here's hoping that we get a release date for Persona 5 PC on 5th May. The news that Berseria is coming early next year means that it'll be a while before I get some new JRPG releases on PC.

JaseC

aww

i actually never played a ratched & clank game so i was kind of hoping to catch the movie. i wonder how that is, seems like one of the few videogame movies that might make sense

Annoyingly, the story in the game is virtually non-existent, I presume so as to not spoil the film. It's not exactly the best companion.

I had no idea Ratchet & Clank was a thing until I bought a PS3, in 2008. I've not played any of the PS2 titles and in fact still need to play the third PS3 game (Into the Nexus). It's up on PS Now, but PS Now isn't on PSN AU.

I am still amazed the movie industry has not adopted a Steam-like model. UltraViolet is an embarrassment.

as someone who buys blu rays all of the time, ultraviolet is a step in the right direction. It's essentially cross buy for movies which is terrific.

Plus, digital movies are sold a ton of places, from itunes to vudu to the psn and xbox stores to amazon. so as a consumer you have options

not sure what the problem is here, especially when it comes to ultraviolet

Here's hoping that we get a release date for Persona 5 PC on 5th May. The news that Berseria is coming early next year means that it'll be a while before I get some new JRPG releases on PC.

:")
Not happening though. First, it seems to be a Japan thing. Second, before getting a release date for P5 on PC, you'd need a release for P5 on PC. Not happening anytime soon unfortunately. Money left on the table, but hey, we're talking about the publisher shitting on Europe since years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom