• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

All the games at the time? So like 1/80th of what's on Steam today?

Yeah I think it was like 2000 games or so at the time. Which is crazy considering how much is there now, but he probably still has at least 50% of the games worth having though. I remember in the year after winning his most played game was Binding of Isaac.

Edit: everything I can find says the top prize was "Every single game on Steam!" but no doubt it was only everything at that point. As I recall Jasec once said that guy didn't get games that had been delisted prior to that point like Wheelman and The Movies.

Sober

Am I wasting my money?
CgsC4EKVEAAtVbk.jpg:large
Unless you are gonna be burning a lot of BRDs, don't.

If you plan mostly on watching BRDs, either buy a console or a standalone player and hook it up to your monitor if it has extra hdmi ports (and figure out a sound solution if your monitor doesn't have speakers). The BRD playback software scene on PC/Mac is HORRENDOUS and is not worth the trouble vs. having even a simple standalone player you can just slip the disc into and play.

Soulflarz

Banned
I still want to surpass JaseC one day, or come close

Not necessarily because I love collecting, moreso because the idea of having the entire store in arms reach sounds amazing <_>

edit: I got curious to see how feasable it was
steamgauge isn't loading
rip

KingBroly

Banned
I can either spend $12 on the Humble Telltale bundle (I have none of the Steam versions, but I only have Strong Bad) or $12 on Rocket League.

Lomax

I can either spend $12 on the Humble Telltale bundle (I have none of the Steam versions, but I only have Strong Bad) or $12 on Rocket League.

The telltale bundle is a drastically better deal if you want to play the games. Rocket League will be cheaper later.

neonglow

I just got emailed a The Division code from HP for buying one of their computers. Anyone interested in trading it for Hitman Full Experience or Rise of the Tomb Raider or some other games in that range?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry, neither are true anymore :p

Stuff that's no longer available on the store can still be pushed through Steam's backend as a purchase, which is why Valve very rarely replaces gifts as doing so is actually a small expense, plus I assume employees are entitled to generate keys for items that were never put up on the store, like, say, Acti's Secret Service FPS. Even so, though, it's not possible to own literally everything as there are some apps that have no packages, such as Tripwire's betas and most "dummy apps" that were used for pre-orders up to and including BioInf.

But, yeah, those with the Press Master sub have it relatively rough -- they lost everything they hadn't purchased when the sub was emptied of everything bar Dungeon Warfare and, uh, Ricochet. I wonder if Valve received any complaints about that.

Soulflarz

Banned
Stuff that's no longer available on the store can still be pushed through Steam's backend as a purchase, which is why Valve very rarely replaces gifts as doing so is actually a small expense, plus I assume employees are entitled to generate keys for items that were never put up on the store, like, say, Acti's Secret Service FPS. Even so, though, it's not possible to own literally everything as there are some apps that have no packages, such as Tripwire's betas and most "dummy apps" that were used for pre-orders up to and including BioInf.

But, yeah, those with the Press Master sub have it relatively rough -- they lost everything they hadn't purchased when the sub was emptied of everything bar Dungeon Warfare and, uh, Ricochet. I wonder if Valve received any complaints about that.

Wait, press accounts didn't...well, not only did they not gain games anymore, they got all the old ones revoked? RIP

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, press accounts didn't...well, not only did they not gain games anymore, they got all the old ones revoked? RIP

Yeah, but the Press Master sub wasn't as comprehensive as the Steam Master one as publishers could opt out of including content. E.g. At no point did it have Wheelman.

Edit: Those with the Press (or Steam) Master sub can buy games from the store at no cost, though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah, but the Press Master sub wasn't as comprehensive as the Steam Master one as publishers could opt out of including content. E.g. At no point did it have Wheelman.

Edit: Those with the Press/Steam Master sub can buy games from the store at no cost, though.

oh, interesting

brb bribing press site

Alright.

Who wants to (not) fuck Cthulhu?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Army of Tentacles Game Plus Soundtrack #2 -- MB-5A5DB1FE072AF73D - Taken by Jiggaloboy
Army of Tentacles Game Plus Soundtrack #3 -- MB-859B65846B8F8E53 - Taken by Sarcasm
Army of Tentacles Game Plus Soundtrack -- MB-6621F0A2D9283AFB - Taken by septicore
Army of Tentacles Game Plus Soundtrack #4 -- MB-FB7C2BF9F28F43DB - Taken by Se7enSword

KingBroly

Banned
I wish the ally AI in Rocket League would at least try to help score goals instead of running me over.

I'm 2-0 in the Season so far (barely). It's pretty fun, but man I'm still a newbie.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Telltale bundle, how is this even a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom