• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

He will never play most of those games anyway and they're on sale like six times a year.
And for 12 dollars he will have to add GoT on his account. Not worth it.

fantomena

I can either spend $12 on the Humble Telltale bundle (I have none of the Steam versions, but I only have Strong Bad) or $12 on Rocket League.

Humble. Rocket League will go for 40% sale (most likely 50%) during the summer sale.

Humble Telltale Bundle will most likely be gone forever if you pass it up, RL sale will not.

zkylon

zkylewd
puzzle agents sounds cool, leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-52F4526FBA85FED6 - Taken by Eila
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-C0803D3C733ABB07
Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-E8612FBF84D8F213 - Taken by Se7enSword

should've done the bta for wolf among us when it was like 5, but no biggie, not like i have time to play it anyways

Sarcasm

Humble. Rocket League will go for 40% sale (most likely 50%) during the summer sale.

Humble Telltale Bundle will most likely be gone forever if you pass it up, RL sale will not.

RL was only a fiver for me :)

Also the fact I will end up with more hours in RL then the games in the bundle.

Eila

puzzle agents sounds cool, leftovers:

should've done the bta for wolf among us when it was like 5, but no biggie, not like i have time to play it anyways

Thanks!
Also, I decided to buy Rawket League. Could have saved some money if we got a 4 people Latin American pack together, but it didn't seem likely so I just went ahead.

The recent images posted in this thread contrasting the layout of DS 1 - 3 made me curious about how the connectivity in the games actually look, so I went ahead and made graphs of connections between named locations in each game using GraphViz (hence the often odd placement of nodes which is not based on in-game traversal distances), using the named location pages on the Dark Souls Wikidot wikis as the source. A non-spoilerish version comparing each game, with no location names, but with DLC areas and the start location marked, can be found here. Spoilerish versions for each game, which include location names and also marks the final location, can be found here (1, 2, and 3).

Please note that I've only played DS1, so the graphs are only as exact as the information in the wikis, plus whatever mistakes I made while importing that information. Also, since the resolution is named locations, the figures do not show shortcuts such as the one in DS 1 connecting
Lost Izalith to the shortcut to Quelaag's Domain.

At some point it could be interesting to do 3D versions that takes in-game distances into account, but that would be quite challenging (for me at least).

ExoSoul

Banned
Ucchedavāda;201698639 said:
The recent images posted in this thread contrasting the layout of DS 1 - 3 made me curious about how the connectivity in the games actually look, so I went ahead and made graphs of connections between named locations in each game using GraphViz (hence the often odd placement of nodes which is not based on in-game traversal distances), using the named location pages on the Dark Souls Wikidot wikis as the source. A non-spoilerish version comparing each game, with no location names, but with DLC areas and the start location marked, can be found here. Spoilerish versions for each game, which include location names and also marks the final location, can be found here (1, 2, and 3).

Please note that I've only played DS1, so the graphs are only as exact as the information in the wikis, plus whatever mistakes I made while importing that information. Also, since the resolution is named locations, the figures do not show shortcuts such as the one in DS 1 connecting
Lost Izalith to the shortcut to Quelaag's Domain.

At some point it could be interesting to do 3D versions that takes in-game distances into account, but that would be quite challenging (for me at least).

Never mind, colours did me in.

Lain

Se7en got his ballad at last.
The Song of Seven: Chapter One
header.jpg

Oh, and there's also an upcoming idle dating sim!
Crush Crush
header.jpg

The store page calls this a puzzle explosion game, but the video leaves me confused still.
Murasaki
header.jpg

I remember Arthea loves puzzle games:
LightWalk
header.jpg

Retool
header.jpg

Isometric adventure game with indie Vivi.
Lumo
header.jpg

Turn based strategy indie RPG.
Planar Conquest
header.jpg

The tag says RPG but... I don't know... Looks fun though.
Death Road to Canada
header.jpg

We all love infographics right?
Metrico+
header.jpg

Metrico+ is an input-driven game in a world of infographics

Indie adventure game in a genre-blending sci-fi mystery
Breached
header.jpg

Played a bit more Rocket League with Se7en and Kin. It's not a bad game but I realize once more multiplayer games are not my thing. Also doesn't help that I'm on the lower end of the skill ceiling. It's more fun to play with friends than strangers though.
Maybe I'll get it when it becomes 3 bucks or so.

Sarcasm

Started playing more Banner Saga on the side and I got to a camp section. Any tips? Should I promote every guy or something? (I don't even know how - I know it takes R).

I hate to say this but the invasions in Dark Souls 3 are starting to wear me down. There's an area (admittedly a PvP zone) where I saw something like a dozen invasions today. Sometimes two people invade at the same time. Sometimes you get invaded five minutes after you dealt with the last invader. And other times you get people who will happily stand among enemies and waste upwards of 20-30 minutes instead of actually fighting you.

I'll reiterate that I love the whole invasion mechanic in these games but there needs to be some boundary on how much of your time others can waste. Put a time limit of 15 minutes on invasions for example. I'm positive that's enough time for an invader to actually kill his target if he's trying to. Put a cooldown of 30-45 minutes between invasions so that folks doing PvE can actually play the game how they want to.

I know there are things you can do to mitigate this (lose ember, seeds of the giant tree etc.) but those are bandaids that can't fix the real issue of people wasting your time while you play.

Anyway, that said, I'm still really liking the game. The whole (location/boss spoilers)
zone of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley leading up to Anor Londo was very cool. Pontiff was a cool boss fight too.
Definitely my favorite area in the game so far.

MUnited83

For you.
Holy shit if they actually canned PS3 and are releasing kn PC at the same time. That would be freaking HUGE.

Also you could start pointing at a certain Atlus PR and start laughing at him ;)

Huh, well I'll be damned.

I always thought if we ever got persona, it would be 4 then maybe 3. This has to be SEGA's doing. (if any of this is true)

Atlus is one of the last holdouts when it comes to PC ports, they're games seem almost perfect for Steam too.

edit: It shows no PS3 version? The platform it was announced on lol? That has to be a mistake. Surely they've spent years of development on PS3. The event their holding is gonna be real interesting...if only for the meltdowns

Jawmuncher

While it's still just a "rumor" it would make sense as to why the game has HD such an odd development track. Especially considering awhile back it was said to bacssically be done.

If it's true could've been the game kind of grew past the PS3 hardware, of the slow sales of games on that platform in any region changed their mind. That coupled with the outcry for years on Atlus to support PC, would make sense to just go all out with your first support of the platform and go from there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Persona 5 on PC? Sweet. I know a lot of people here were really hoping for that.

Adry9

I can either spend $12 on the Humble Telltale bundle (I have none of the Steam versions, but I only have Strong Bad) or $12 on Rocket League.

TT. Their games hardly get big discounts, specially on Steam. Rocket League gets a 40% discount almost every 1 or 2 months.

GaussTek

Seems to be pretty much confirmed... but still, what are the odds of the site being hacked or at least the news part?

Edit. LMAO, CHECK THE SITE NOW, I knew it :/
http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=402

Yeah, just posting "PS4&PC simultaneous release" looked weird to me, but I still had hopes it was some kind of PR mistake :/

MUnited83

For you.
Not really, he was likely well aware of the situation and just screwing with us.

That was only a few months ago after all, if this is true than the port has been in the cards for a while.
The likelihood of him knowing anything about it is low i'd say. He's a Atlus US PR, he would not know anything about this until they got close to announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom