• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, sounded waaaaay too good to be true. Putting out a simultaneous PC version ala Tales of Zestiria would be an actual progressive and profitable move from Atlus, so obviously it was fake.

We just have to keep hoping and wishing and reach out for the truth.

WE WILL GET PERSONA 4...SOMEDAY

Anteater

finished deus ex human revolution director's cut, thanks to level selector so I could continue! Now what do I replace this game with...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm, if PC had been listed and PS4 taken off the site I imagine it would've been a lot less funny to folks.

But hey whatever works for Sega I guess, they could be forcing Atlus to do it but they haven't so that's on them I guess.

Tizoc

P5 on PC is more of a matter of time, besides it releasing on PC would cover for its development costs+generate good revenue.
The brand is strong, release a good port on Steam and it'll make good money for Atlus.

GaussTek

Even though it's evidently fake, you would probably just expect Atlus' in-house games and IPs (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Trauma Center, Catherine, Etrian Odyssey, etc.).

Vanillaware's George Kamitani has showed up interest (or at least exploring solutions) to bring their games to PC, so there's a chance... even though that was about a year ago, and nothing has been said since then.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't affect me since I have a PS4, but Atlus starting to put their stuff on PC would be great. I feel like their SMT line would do well there.

Hektor

Ima going back to play FFIX then i guess.

500E0CAA941FA5B4908A8A93D8BA9F4E031DA711

fantomena

P5 on PC is more of a matter of time, besides it releasing on PC would cover for its development costs+generate good revenue.
The brand is strong, release a good port on Steam and it'll make good money for Atlus.

Logic isn't something Atlus Japan cares about.

If Atuls Japan would care they had allready released Persona 3 and 4 for PC. Both would sell 500k+++ units with ease

Tizoc

Logic isn't something Atlus Japan cares about.

Just show them a crazy ass presentation filled with exaggerated proof that releasing on the Steam service will yield them more Yen than they ever dreamed possible and how anti-piracy secure it is.
By the time it reaches its 1 millionth owner 1 month after release on Steam, just keep the fact that some 500K pirates pirated the game and you're golden :V

If Atuls Japan would care they had allready released Persona 3 and 4 for PC. Both would sell 500k+++ units with ease

I mean P4G alone would make bank if sold at what $20?
Heck don't put much restriction and make it a good port, let people mod it so it becomes the WWE Persona game they've dreamed of and whammo instant 1 mil in a year's time :V

Tizoc

Atlus has to start at some point. Or I guess they could just ignore PC forever.

See if only they knew the money they were losing to emulators running P3 and P4 games, they'd want to make bank on dat ish.
But as I think Durante wrote, some Japanese devs are thick headed and livin' in the 80s :V

Just show them a crazy ass presentation filled with exaggerated proof that releasing on the Steam service will yield them more Yen than they ever dreamed possible and how anti-piracy secure it is.
By the time it reaches its 1 millionth owner 1 month after release on Steam, just keep the fact that some 500K pirates pirated the game and you're golden :V

I mean P4G alone would make bank if sold at what $20?
Heck don't put much restriction and make it a good port, let people mod it so it becomes the WWE Persona game they've dreamed of and whammo instant 1 mil in a year's time :V

The thing its that I am sure some normal employee already told them about Steam or someone from Atlus USA and told them how much money they can make, but some 60 year old CEO thinks PCs are for Visual novels and "console games" wont sell on it.

We have enough of those stories from some people on GAF trying to talk to japanese CEOs that didnt even know about Steam and said "if it doesnt exist in Japan, it doesnt exist anywhere else."

The thing is the mindset of those oldtimer CEOs. Look at Idea factory. Their CEO Haru Akenaga is quite young IIRC and he gets that their titles sell great on Steam. All of their titles together are at about 550 million sold units.

Tizoc

The thing its that I am sure some normal employee already told them about Steam or someone from Atlus USA and told them how much money they can make, but some 60 year old CEO thinks PCs are for Visual novels and "console games" wont sell on it.

We have enough of those stories from some people on GAF trying to talk to japanese CEOs that didnt even know about Steam and said "if it doesnt exist in Japan, it doesnt exist anywhere else."

The thing is the mindset of those oldtimer CEOs. Look at Idea factory. Their CEO Haru Akenaga is quite young IIRC and he gets that their titles sell great on Steam. All of their titles together are at about 550 million sold units.

Well put.

Anteater

finished Rage, ending was like "thx 4 playing kk bye", but it was pretty fun, game looks really pretty, kudos to their art director, pretty much the best looking idtech game ever made

voodooray

Started playing more Banner Saga on the side and I got to a camp section. Any tips? Should I promote every guy or something? (I don't even know how - I know it takes R).

Yes, you can promote them once you click Heroes in a camp, and if they've leveled up enough to allow promotion.

Corpekata

Banned
Started playing more Banner Saga on the side and I got to a camp section. Any tips? Should I promote every guy or something? (I don't even know how - I know it takes R).

Early on you can promote fairly willy nilly. Halfway through though and you'll be struggling for renown between level ups, supplies, and items so it's best to focus on characters you really like or that seem important to the story.

Well, provided you encounter some of the same story beats as I did. Toward the end I was mostly using it for supplies as every thing I did managed to screw up when it came to them.

Eila

https://groupees.com/the502
50 cent bundle. Includes:
Geneforge Saga
New York Bus Simulator
Gorky 17
! That Bastard Is Trying To Steal Our Gold !
Ares Omega

Not a bad bundle for that price. I remember paying some money for Geneforce Saga. Too bad it didn't turn out to be my type of game.

bloke

hope the keys work :/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-67AF856FBA027492 - Taken by Purkake4
Fermi's Path -- MB-881B7ECC6E7842CE - Taken by voodooray
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-8ED26D5073A0944A - Taken by Baron_Calamity

finished Rage, ending was like "thx 4 playing kk bye", but it was pretty fun, game looks really pretty, kudos to their art director, pretty much the best looking idtech game ever made

Rage definitely had some great artwork, especially in the second half of the game.

Hard to believe they took something like 7 years to make it and it was still incomplete at the end. With proper project management the game could have been something special.

Anteater

Rage definitely had done great artwork, especially in the second half of the game.

Hard to believe they took something like 7 years to make it and it was still incomplete at the end. With proper project management the game could have been something special.

yeah, it's easy to see they just sort of ran out of budget or just cut the development time short, there were some missions/quests that just made you back track the same areas, and the end was really abrupt

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
restarted Mirror of Fate (as I have to do with every game I dropped a few hours in months / years ago, fuck if I remember any of them) and really enjoying it again (as I did the frist time around before dropping it for no reason). Once you get used to the floaty jumps (I sware every platform jump you make looks like it will fail) and the smaller size of each room (the maps themselves are huge but they are segmented off by a lot of smaller rooms, no doubt because of the 3ds original version limitation) its actually a really good "metroidvania" (yes I use the term), especially once you get the grappling item early on (already did some backtracking for health upgrades and whatnot as usual). I also quite enjoy the twist on the old Castlevania story they do using the Lord of Shadow universe. Game seems criminally underlooked especially in a genre that most people love and there still arent that many games of it (it is better these days tho). Hopefully I wont drop it this time, just got to Act II when you switch over to
Alucard
, which is more or less where I stopped last time

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Well I'll have to think positive, at least I won't break my new rule of not buying new games while still having a lot of games I want to play in my library already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom