• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Both DR1 and 2 were discounted until DR2 got released.
Expect maybe a 33% discount during Summer sale, although the games are worth it.
Let us know what you think of the obligatory stealth sections :V

...wait, stealth sections of Dangan or Lords of Shadow 2? lol

For those who didn't get the Beta Yet:

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta -- MB-123FFEC6FD272564 - Taken by ABOVEtheRIM. 1 entrants total.

t1461508995z1.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Err, why do I need to give Steam personal info when selling more than 200 cards in a calendar year?

What a fuck on

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Err, why do I need to give Steam personal info when selling more than 200 cards in a calendar year?

What a fuck on

It's an IRS requirement and only applies if you're a US resident for tax purposes. If not, you "sign" a digital form declaring as much and the restriction is immediately lifted, unless you have a transaction from the US store on record, in which case you have to prove you no longer live in the US.

fantomena

OH MY SHIT GOT IS TOMMORROW HOLY FUCK

It's an IRS requirement and only applies if you're a US resident for tax purposes. If not, you "sign" a digital form declaring as much and the restriction is immediately lifted, unless you have a transaction from the US store on record, in which case you have to prove you no longer live in the US.

I needed to sign that and Im not in US.

Anustart

Gaf, I'm in a quandary. I don't know what to play.

So I'll let you choose a game I've played but never beat.

We got Mirrors Edge, Ground Zeroes, Darksiders or Prison Architect.

I was playing a lot of stick of Truth, so kind of craving a more action type game afterwards.

Lain

Gaf, I'm in a quandary. I don't know what to play.

So I'll let you choose a game I've played but never beat.

We got Mirrors Edge, Ground Zeroes, Darksiders or Prison Architect.

I was playing a lot of stick of Truth, so kind of craving a more action type game afterwards.

Mirrors Edge gets my vote. It's action, really stylized in the use of colors and pretty fun to boot.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
man... I like this Mercury Steam Castlevania trilogy. Really enjoying Lords of Shadow 2 right now. Once you got over the "this isnt symphony of the night" hump (which, granted, I think we all did eventually with the first Lords of Shadow after a while) I think they did a nifty little series of games here.

is Mercury Steam even still around or are they another dead studio? They seem like a great B studio imo, and you kinda need those also

They are making an asynchronous multiplayer adventure for PC. They even have a beta sign up.

I have issues with Lords of Shadow 2 forced stealth sections and modern day sections unimaginative design but overall the actual combat is a huge improvement over the first. The boss fights were nice and while the ending was somewhat disappointing and the story isnt as strong as the first game it was an enjoyable game for most of the part. Also the Alucard DLC was pretty good and perhaps more in line with what it should have been doing in the game originally. Then again we heard quite a few issues within the company during the development which leads to believe is why the game on parts feels rushed or half assed on some design areas. (Modern Day areas lacking less detail than the past areas, the half assed stealth, the poor writing.

I wanna see what else they can do cause I enjoyed the Lords of Shadow trilogy and liked a lot of the ideas on Jericho despite the terrible A.I. Their visual team can do impressive things and they tend to have some neat ideas when given freedom to work on things so gotta see how Raiders of the Broken Planet shapes up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry I meant LoS2's stealth sections :p

they seem fine so far? I mean, completely forced for arbitrary mechanic changes, sure. But mechanically they work and I havent failed any yet (I'm actually doing quite a bit of stealth now on my way to get
a cure for the demon lady so she becomes human and Zobek can get in her mind
)

They are making an asynchronous multiplayer adventure for PC. They even have a beta sign up.

I have issues with Lords of Shadow 2 forced stealth sections and modern day sections unimaginative design but overall the actual combat is a huge improvement over the first. The boss fights were nice and while the ending was somewhat disappointing and the story isnt as strong as the first game it was an enjoyable game for most of the part. Also the Alucard DLC was pretty good and perhaps more in line with what it should have been doing in the game originally. Then again we heard quite a few issues within the company during the development which leads to believe is why the game on parts feels rushed or half assed on some design areas. (Modern Day areas lacking less detail than the past areas, the half assed stealth, the poor writing.

I wanna see what else they can do cause I enjoyed the Lords of Shadow trilogy and liked a lot of the ideas on Jericho despite the terrible A.I. Their visual team can do impressive things and they tend to have some neat ideas when given freedom to work on things so gotta see how Raiders of the Broken Planet shapes up.

so its them being forced that people have a problem with then, not because they are broken or anything? I can see that, hasnt bothered me tho tbh. And yes I agree that the castle parts blow the modern parts out of the water. And Alucard is the dlc huh? That makes sense, I was wondering if he would show up given what happened in Mirror of Fate, hell im not using the "dark dracula" skin because it makes him look to much like Alucard lol

Jawmuncher

they seem fine so far? I mean, completely forced for arbitrary mechanic changes, sure. But mechanically they work and I havent failed any yet (I'm actually doing quite a bit of stealth now on my way to get
a cure for the demon lady so she becomes human and Zobek can get in her mind
)

so its them being forced that people have a problem with then, not because they are broken or anything? I can see that, hasnt bothered me tho tbh. And yes I agree that the castle parts blow the modern parts out of the water. And Alucard is the dlc huh? That makes sense, I was wondering if he would show up given what happened in Mirror of Fate, hell im not using the "dark dracula" skin because it makes him look to much like Alucard lol

There's some really lame ones later on, but they never get too bad. The game is a weird mix of ideas especially with settings, but I enjoyed it overall.

Rhaknar

There's some really lame one later on, but they never get too bad. The game is a weird mix of ideas especially with settings, but I enjoyed it overall.

actually im kinda stuck in one now and already failed twice lol >_>

Tizoc

I've long consisted LOS2 as underrated :/

And the stealth hate is so overblown

That one stealth section at least
in the castle was meaningless since you end up fighting that boss afterwards, plus it's one of those instant fail stealth sections
Why go through a section to AVOID fighting the guy and then end up fighting him anyway? There was no point.
The stealth sections IMHO didn't add anything since by the late game you end up just going through the game beating up enemies.

actually im kinda stuck in one now and already failed twice lol >_>

Well no offense but seeing how behind you are in the gaming scene, I suggest you make a LTTP thread for it just to see the various opinions and negative impressions people have of it.
You might be surprised about various stuff about the game that had gone wrong.

The one thing however
THE ONE POSITIVE THING
I will say about LoS2 is the no QTE option.

Rhaknar

I recall usung a guide on some as soon as I dyed like twice. Since they can get a bit annoying if you keep messing up.

I was being dumb, the rat transformation spot was just in a room behind me where I came from, which is a bit counter intuitive, but I was forcing a solution that wasnt correct. Carrying on, train part was cool :)

Well no offense but seeing how behind you are in the gaming scene, I suggest you make a LTTP thread for it just to see the various opinions and negative impressions people have of it.

The one thing however
THE ONE POSITIVE THING
I will say about LoS2 is the no QTE option.

you can shit on the game all you like, im still liking it. And why would I make a LTTP thread to see if people like it or not? "Gosh geez Im sure liking this game but let me make sure Gaf likes it, so I know if I should change my opinion or not"?

and what the fuck does being behind in the gaming scene even mean? I honestly cant tell anymore if youre just being a dick or joking

yuraya

Dark Souls 3 peaking at such a strong number nearly 2 weeks after launch. Very impressive stuff.

Dark Souls 4 will definitely happen sooner than people think. Probably done by B team.

Benedict

uhm..,.
how do I see if I have the complete season of Life is Strange?
It says it's in my library but I can't remember if it's the complete season or just ep. 1

uhm..,.
how do I see if I have the complete season of Life is Strange?
It says it's in my library but I can't remember if it's the complete season or just ep. 1

You'll have DLC for the other eps in your library if you do. e.g. Life is Strange - Episode 2, Life is Strange - Episode 3, etc.

Benedict

Looks lke I had two keys for this game on Groupees. It's just been greenlighted so it doesn't show up in the library or store yet.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262487247

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Alcarys Complex -- MB-28DA8C2927BB5FD3 - Taken by Mikurden

Rhaknar

Dark Souls 3 peaking at such a strong number nearly 2 weeks after launch. Very impressive stuff.

Dark Souls 4 will definitely happen sooner than people think. Probably done by B team.

saw someone say its at around 700k, should hit a million soon hopefully

Tizoc

I was being dumb, the rat transformation spot was just in a room behind me where I came from, which is a bit counter intuitive, but I was forcing a solution that wasnt correct. Carrying on, train part was cool :)

you can shit on the game all you like, im still liking it. And why would I make a LTTP thread to see if people like it or not? "Gosh geez Im sure liking this game but let me make sure Gaf likes it, so I know if I should change my opinion or not"?

and what the fuck does being behind in the gaming scene even mean? I honestly cant tell anymore if youre just being a dick or joking

Been a long time since I played or LoS2 was discussed but there were threads about how the director was bizarrely handling the development of LoS2, can't remember specifically but after knowing about that and having played through it twice, the game really felt like it could've far better than what it is.

Buraindo

I hope there'll be no such thing as Dark Souls 4. 3 (+DLC) is a good place to stop, I think.
Happy to see those numbers though.

Rhaknar

Game failed its Kickstarter a while back, unfortunately

oh... why the fuck is Polygon tweeting about it now and saying it comes out on early access in the summer then? >_>

edit: reading the article it says its at Pax East so I guess it was funded by someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom