• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Got a watercooling kit for my CPU. Its kinda strange to just hear the HDDs and nothing else (even the normal fans are not really loud).

Any particular reason for having non-SSD HDDs this day and age?
He asked, while having 2TB and 3TB magnetic HDDs in his system

Mivey

Got a watercooling kit for my CPU. Its kinda strange to just hear the HDDs and nothing else (even the normal fans are not really loud).
You invest on a watercooler but are too cheap for SSDs? Either the pricing of watercooling has really gone down, or you have weird priorities.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Grandia II is a weekly and somehow I missed it. Unfortunately its the same 50% as usual. Still tempting tho, Ive never played it

Tizoc

All for 48 smackeroos
8hj3MD.png

Grandia II is a weekly and somehow I missed it. Unfortunately its the same 50% as usual. Still tempting tho, Ive never played it

DO IT! It's a good jRPG and any more purchases would go towards more classic 90s era games making it to Steam as well.
It is moddable as well.

Which one did you get? Been eyeing an AIO solution as well for the CPU since they just look better than air coolers lol.

Corsair H60 and a Noctua NF-P12, because apparently the Corsair fan is quite loud.

You invest on a watercooler but are too cheap for SSDs? Either the pricing of watercooling has really gone down, or you have weird priorities.

The watercooling kit for the CPU was 75€, the Noctua Fan 17€.

A 2TB SSD is like 500-600€...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still too expensive. My system is on a SSD, my Download HDD and Game HDD are normal 1 and 2 TB HDDs.

Keep an eye out for clearances on superseded models. I picked up a 960GB Crucial M500 for a little under AUD$400 shipped from Newegg US a year ago. 800GB for Steam, 90ishGB for Windows.

Keep an eye out for clearances on superseded models. I picked up a 960GB Crucial M500 for a little under AUD$400 shipped from Newegg US a year ago.

Thats still far too much, when I can get a 2TB HDD for 40€. And I think those are fast enough to act as a download and Game HDD.

I think a system SSD is a must, everything else would be great to have, when the price is right.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
so its them being forced that people have a problem with then, not because they are broken or anything? I can see that, hasnt bothered me tho tbh. And yes I agree that the castle parts blow the modern parts out of the water. And Alucard is the dlc huh? That makes sense, I was wondering if he would show up given what happened in Mirror of Fate, hell im not using the "dark dracula" skin because it makes him look to much like Alucard lol

Forced and not too fun really. It breaks the pace of the game too and adds nothing plotwise. Mostly irrelevant gimmick. It's functional but a bit annoying later on.

Alucard DLC is puzzles and action for most of the part and set on the interesting parts of the game. Also playing different than the lead helps.

yuraya

I hope there'll be no such thing as Dark Souls 4. 3 (+DLC) is a good place to stop, I think.
Happy to see those numbers though.

The name brand is just too strong at this point. Peaking at 100k concurrent 2 weeks after launch is something only Bethesda or R* is capable of doing on Steam. I don't think Namco/From will just stop. At least not until the games start bombing financially/critically. I'm sure Miyazaki will be doing his own stuff with the new ip but there is no reason for B team to stop with Souls when there is such a big cult following.

Jawmuncher

The name brand is just too strong at this point. Peaking at 100k concurrent 2 weeks after launch is something only Bethesda or R* is capable of doing on Steam. I don't think Namco/From will just stop. At least not until the games start bombing financially/critically. I'm sure Miyazaki will be doing his own stuff with the new ip but there is no reason for B team to stop with Souls when there is such a big cult following.

The big name is Souls. So I think they could easily do Space Souls and be just fine for example. So long as the core concepts are there.

JaseC

Thats still far too much, when I can get a 2TB HDD for 40€. And I think those are fast enough to act as a download and Game HDD.

I think a system SSD is a must, everything else would be great to have, when the price is right.

Well, the point is that the drives were being heavily discounted -- here they were still retailing for around $600, IIRC. A year is a long time in the world of SSDs, so you may find something that you can justify.

L.O.R.D

after so many years of using the X360 controller for windows,it's time to upgrade.

i am using Windows 7,how to install the driver? i can't find the driver page.
i plugged the wireless adapter on my laptop,but it wont install.

Knurek

Well, the point is that the drives were being heavily discounted -- here they were still retailing for around $600, IIRC. A year is a long time in the world of SSDs, so you may find something that you can justify.

Aren't the new, cheaper SSDs pretty much terrible?
I'm with Chairmanchuck here, system SSD with ~100 GB for Steam games, and rest stored on cheap magnetic ones. You want to play a game, just move it to the SSD.

after so many years of using the X360 controller for windows,it's time to upgrade.

You're new to Microsoft and inane business decisions, are you?

L.O.R.D

I'm with Chairmanchuck here, system SSD with ~100 GB for Steam games, and rest stored on cheap magnetic ones. You want to play a game, just move it to the SSD.

You're new to Microsoft and inane business decisions, are you?

no,i read that i can use it on Windows 7 too.

http://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-wireless-adapter-now-supports-windows-7-and-81/

According to Xbox's Larry Hyrb (Major Nelson) on Twitter, the Xbox wireless adapter now supports Windows 7 and 8.1 as well as 10.

JaseC

I'd say they occupy an awkward middle ground between an HDD and what you'd expect of an SSD, however I didn't say buy a cheap one per se; I said keep an eye out for discounts on superseded models as it's possible a large drive may fall within a price range that he can justify. It goes without saying that one should always do research before pulling the metaphorical trigger as you don't want to end up with a dud, but, sure, an SSD for games isn't as pressing a matter as an SSD for Windows itself.

tuxfool

Banned
Wasn't this already the "B" team, just with Miyazaki more hands-on this time?

I'd love another unleashed B team game. Dark Souls 2 was packed with great features but too much middling content. I'm sure they learned a lot since then.

I'm so tired of this A/B team bullshit (I think it is mostly a myth).

tuxfool

Banned
They do have multiple teams working on games at once. Miyazaki being involved more with DS3 apparently is enough for a bunch of DS2 staff to suddenly be promoted to A team.

So Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 were developed by, uh, the A team and the A team, I guess.

Yeah. Exactly. There are two teams, but I don't think staffing is quite as rigid. I'd love somebody to compare the credits of all the Souls games. That would conclusively answer the question.

It is also absurd to think that even if there were two rigid teams, that no information would cross and that both worked in complete isolation from each other.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm so tired of this A/B team bullshit (I think it is mostly a myth).

Truth is 2 had troubled development which is why it was received so mixed. Since DS3 is built off a modified DS2 engine I imagine things will just be more refined in terms of features people liked in 2 for the next game.

Vuze

The Elite controller is kind of a waste on Win7, no? In terms of software features, I mean. Don't think you can even assign the pedals or configure sensitivy etc.
The adapter driver is supposedly included in the windows update on Win7, maybe try installing the latest if you haven't already.
Corsair H60 and a Noctua NF-P12, because apparently the Corsair fan is quite loud.
Ah I see. Been eyeing the NZXT Kraken X61 but for a mostly cosmetical upgrade, 150 bucks is kinda hard to swallow.

tuxfool

Banned
Truth is 2 had troubled development which is why it was received so mixed. Since DS3 is built off a modified DS2 engine I imagine things will just be more refined in terms of features people liked in 2 for the next game.

Hmm?

I was under the impression that the BB and DS3 engine is an iteration of the DS1 engine and that the DS2 engine is an evolutionary dead end.

Tizoc

Silly question but how 'scary' is FEAR? Im not into horror games but i feel i should Play this shooter eventually

JaseC

Last year I bought the DeepCool Maelstrom 240 to replace my too-dusty-to-clean Noctua NH-D14 but lost one of the thumb screws for the pump during installation, which meant it wasn't quite evenly seated. Nonetheless, my temps did improve a little bit -- enough for the BSODs to stop. When Summer rolled around, though, the instability kicked in again, so I moved to a Corsair H110, complete with a couple of Noctua NF-A14s to replace the stock fans... and while installing it, I found the Maelstrom 240 thumb screw I thought I'd lost to the void. Just my luck.

Silly question but how 'scary' is FEAR? Im not into horror games but i feel i should Play this shooter eventually

It has a few jump scare moments but otherwise aims to make you feel uneasy than outright frighten you.

L.O.R.D

The Elite controller is kind of a waste on Win7, no? In terms of software features, I mean. Don't think you can even assign the pedals or configure sensitivy etc.
The adapter driver is supposedly included in the windows update on Win7, maybe try installing the latest if you haven't already.

Ah I see. Been eyeing the NZXT Kraken X61 but for a mostly cosmetical upgrade, 150 bucks is kinda hard to swallow.

the thing is,i am very happy with windows 7,i still got this message from time to time.
tcFeUwP.jpg

Buraindo

Wasn't most of Dark Souls 2 also scrapped and has to be done in an extremely short time frame from another director?

Yeah that would be Yui Tanimura who is also the co-director of DS3.

Yeah but Dark Souls as in proper Dark Souls should stop here while it's still ahead, it's really not a matter of Miyazaki team a or team b or whatever. It would just be a bad idea to continue with the same theme and setting for a fourth time no matter who's working on it. They could easily make a similar game but with different themes and setting and still get big numbers, Bloodborne is proof of that.

The "scares" in FEAR aren't designed to kill you,
but there might be some exceptions

Mainly you're going to be up against innumerable squads of elite soldiers in some of the best shooting action the genre has to offer.

Jawmuncher

The early talk on that was "Theif-inspired". I'm not really seeing that. But trailers are often deceiving, especially when it comes to stealth games. I'm thinking of how Human Revolution was promoted vs. how much stealth it actually contained in the end...

I'm still mad about that. Main reason I have no care for Mankind Divided.

Hektor

Overweatch Beta
Whispers of the old Gods
Corpse Party
D00M (Still sceptical about that one)
htoL#NiQ
and Total Warhammer (I'll definitely wait for reviews)

Next month is okay i guess.

Arthea

Overweatch Beta
Whispers of the old Gods
Corpse Party
htoL#NiQ

finish some damn games
don't start new
stop playing Stardew Valley, you won't get rng to work in your favour anyway
don't buy anything

yeah, a regular month.

Arthea

on more serious note, what do you guys do with games you start to play, like until cards drop or until you finish if likable and then don't like it? do you still play till cards drop, or just idle? I'm not asking about games that you finish and no cards drop, that happens a lot these days, and of course idling is the answer there, but with those you just happen not to like that much or at all.

AHA-Lambda

Overweatch Beta
Whispers of the old Gods
Corpse Party
htoL#NiQ

You forgot Uncharted 4 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I shouldn't laugh, it'll be the first time I've turned my PS4 on since Bloodborne's DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom