• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I agree with Ozium as well. Aside from the Lanyrinth dungeons, I feel P3 is leagues better than P4. Story, characters, etc were all better to me. Especially if you're playing P3P portable where you can control your party.

I do think that Atkus will port P3&P4 to current gen before they bring either yo PC though. While P4 basically just needs a port of P4G. P3 needs a port that combines the Additional stories and cutscenes of FES to the extra additions of P3P.

I do think that Atlus will port P3&P4 to current gen before they bring either yo PC though. While P4 basically just needs a port of P4G. P3 needs a port that combines the Additional stories and cutscenes of FES to the extra additions of P3P.

More likely, they'll port it to mobile first, then MAYBE, if we're good, we'll get the mobile port.

Oh, who am I kidding, we won't even get that.

rtcn63

P3 was the rough-around-the-edges indie film and P4 was the less risque and at times well executed big screen sequel. Higher budgets, mainstream expectations, and more coherent pacing and writing.

I liked P4 better as a game, but I prefer P3's characters and darkish atmosphere.

P3 was the rough-around-the-edges indie film and P4 was the less risque and at times well executed big screen sequel. Higher budgets, mainstream expectations, and more coherent pacing and writing.

I liked P4 better as a game, but I prefer P3's characters and darkish atmosphere.

I'd argue that it was FAR more risqué, what with Kenji's and Rise's levels.

Soulflarz

Banned
as Bernardo pointed out, 362.00 are the most stable drivers out

the tdr issue from early last year is back it seems

dunno what tdr is

I've had this issue with rocket league crashing my 980 since I got the game on PC, it's like a temp crash on the drivers, it recovers after ~15s
any ideas?
I don't think it'd be 362.xx causing it

def sim

dunno what tdr is

I've had this issue with rocket league crashing my 980 since I got the game on PC, it's like a temp crash on the drivers, it recovers after ~15s
any ideas?
I don't think it'd be 362.xx causing it

Right, I was running into that same exact problem earlier today. I had to roll back to older drivers. This is a known issue with nvidia drivers, though it doesn't affect everyone.

They released a hotfix specifically for it last summer, but it's apparently back.

mp1990

Banned
I'd argue that it was FAR more risqué, what with Kenji's and Rise's levels.
Although I believe that P3 is far better than P4G in every sense, I'll grant you this. Rise and Kanji are two of the best realized characters in video games ever, and even with all the love I hold for P3, I can't deny that none of the characters in its cast were nearly as groundbreaking as those two.

Also, I know I'll sound like a grumpy old man here, but I find the waifu wars to be awfully childish, and it's such a shame that the fanbase loses so much time in this topic considering how many interesting topics the franchise approaches.

Nabs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta (Origin) -- MB-61C3FFC7AEC229AC - Taken by Dupy

Origin

Soulflarz

Banned
Right, I was running into that same exact problem earlier today. I had to roll back to older drivers. This is a known issue with nvidia drivers, though it doesn't affect everyone.

They released a hotfix specifically for it last summer, but it's apparently back.

Downloading, thanks.

And yeah, it sure as hell didn't ever go away for me :/
I've had it continuously for as long as I can remember.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Whelp I picked a good time to check in on this thread:D

Anyway does anyone know how a Steam 4-pack works? If I buy one do I get 4 copies that I can dole out to whoever I want or do I have to keep one? I want to know how they're handled in my Steam inventory before I buy one.

Soulflarz

Banned
Whelp I picked a good time to check in on this thread:D

Anyway does anyone know how a Steam 4-pack works? If I buy one do I get 4 copies that I can dole out to whoever I want or do I have to keep one? I want to know how they're handled in my Steam inventory before I buy one.

you get 3 gifts+it added to your library

I forgot to mention this when it happened, hopefully it's not too much old news:

Thea: The Awakening's free expansion/DLC 'Giants' has released. Here's the release notes (warning: LOTS!)

Short version:
  • 70 new events, including a new main, Giant quest line.
  • Events editor that allows you to create your own quests!
  • Additional card artworks and event art.
  • New building types.
  • New creatures and plenty of Giants!
  • Full, English voice over for all events.
  • Game localized to four languages (DE, FR, PL, RU).
  • New music tracks.
  • Many community requested features.

Plus extra fixes and improvements throughout the game. [Ed. and several hotfixes, on top of this.]
Giantfall is upon us.

Vamphuntr

My GTX 970 fans are now making a loud rattling noise when fan usage is about 20%. I think it's the bearing. When I increase the fan speed in MSI AB the noise stops when it reaches 50-60% usage. Googling is telling me a cable might be hitting the fan blade inside the card. How can I check this without dismantling it?

Ugh my next card won't be ASUS for sure. Got my lesson.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
My GTX 970 fans are now making a loud rattling noise when fan usage is about 20%. I think it's the bearing. When I increase the fan speed in MSI AB the noise stops when it reaches 50-60% usage. Googling is telling me a cable might be hitting the fan blade inside the card. How can I check this without dismantling it?

Bearings are usually more of a whine, in my experience. It sounds like because the fan isn't going as fast it's "expanding" into something. It could be a bit of the manifold/hood/whatever that thing around the fan is called. It could also be a wire. If it's a wire, it shouldn't be too hard to tuck out of the way, hopefully.

I had this on my 770 when things got real hot and loud. It was quiet until the heat made some wire elastic enough to droop down. Taking it out of the case is preferable, and if it is a aftermarket 970 like the Strix you can do a visual check around the edges and through the fan blades. If the blower is enclosed like the Asus Turbo it is a bit harder to get in there.

Vamphuntr

Bearings are usually more of a whine, in my experience. It sounds like because the fan isn't going as fast it's "expanding" into something. It could be a bit of the manifold/hood/whatever that thing around the fan is called. It could also be a wire. If it's a wire, it shouldn't be too hard to tuck out of the way, hopefully.

I had this on my 770 when things got real hot and loud. It was quiet until the heat made some wire elastic enough to droop down. Taking it out of the case is preferable, and if it is a aftermarket 970 like the Strix you can do a visual check around the edges and through the fan blades. If the blower is enclosed like the Asus Turbo it is a bit harder to get in there.

I think I found it thanks to reddit. It seems like in the Strix the cable are poorly placed near the fan. One of the thick wire had scratches from the blade near the top end of the card. I pulled it away from the card completely like shown in one of the pic form the guy and the noise is gone.

Ozium

Is starfax good or what

yes it is great, controls are weird but once it clicks:

now-this-is-podracing.gif

So out of three anime games, the best is the one where you can play dress up with your waifu. Got it.

nah it is good because it doesn't take itself super seriously like ff13 and is more focused on side questin' it's like the majora's mask of FF man... also you can do the quests in whatever order, and it's just plain ol' fashioned fun. Lightning is the best.

I could listen to Ozium go on about Alienware twitch stream corruption all day.

I don't even bother with them anymore...

if you want to ask about corruption ask derExperte

I think I found it thanks to reddit. It seems like in the Strix the cable are poorly placed near the fan. One of the thick wire had scratches from the blade near the top end of the card. I pulled it away from the card completely like shown in one of the pic form the guy and the noise is gone.
There you go!

BHK3

Banned
Anyone have any experience with Shadowplay? It just...doesn't do anything. I turn it on, nothing happens in any game I play at all, I have no clue what to do from here. No indicator, doesn't record, just...nothing.

Mivey

Anyone have any experience with Shadowplay? It just...doesn't do anything. I turn it on, nothing happens in any game I play at all, I have no clue what to do from here. No indicator, doesn't record, just...nothing.
Maybe restart the game after turning it on? Also try it out with different games, I don't how compatible NVidia made that thing, it might not yet work with DX12 games, for one.

Oreoleo

Have you restarted your PC? I haven't used Shadowplay in a bit but it used to occasionally crash alt-tabbing out of fullscreen games or switching resolutions or things like that.

Or maybe you just don't have the indicators turned on? It's possible for them to be turned off entirely.

Anustart

I give up on grim fandango. Shit just isn't fun. I have no time to try and find obtuse answers to puzzles and the game isn't pushing me to try.

Edit: So I'm trying to play Mirrors Edge, but the game just doesn't save anymore. Booted it up a couple days ago, thought it was odd I had no save files, start new game, go back in next day, no save files....

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Sometimes the games go to the integrated card for some reason and that automatically takes away Shadowplay as an option. You need to set the graphic card to run all stuff so you don't have the issues or individually go game by game setting those you will try recording.

Tizoc

I give up on grim fandango. Shit just isn't fun. I have no time to try and find obtuse answers to puzzles and the game isn't pushing me to try.
Times like these u could just get a guide to solve the puzzles and just interact with whatever for the quips etc

dex3108

Yay desktop GAF is alive again :D

What version of GeForce Experience are you using? Newer version requires you to press Alt+Z and to turn on Instant Replay.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Sometimes the games go to the integrated card for some reason and that automatically takes away Shadowplay as an option. You need to set the graphic card to run all stuff so you don't have the issues or individually go game by game setting those you will try recording.

That happens a lot with a gaming laptop. Nvidia Optimus is great for battery life but can be a pain in the ass. Out of habit I use the Optimus state viewer anytime I sense something odd when starting a new game.

My laptop came with xplay, so I just use that.

That happens a lot with a gaming laptop. Nvidia Optimus is great for battery life but can be a pain in the ass. Out of habit I use the Optimus state viewer anytime I sense something odd when starting a new game.

My laptop came with xplay, so I just use that.
Auto-switching is still the best solution, I wouldn't want all laptops winding up as MacBooks did, all integrated graphics.

zkylon

zkylewd
47hrs of dark souls 3, just a bit closer to the end lol

killed oceiros and got l
othric castle
down, just haven't gone through the fog gate. also did most of u
ntended graveyard
and got pretty close to killing that boss but chose to put him off for later since it seems kinda tough to replicate the good fight i had that one time. oceiros was a pretty fun fight, kind of super easy if you have a decent shield but still fun.
saiyan gungir
is also pretty alright, the dungeon is pretty lame but the fight is pretty good, lots of moves to remember and a lot of reaction moves to pull off in really tight windows. i like all the bosses in this game, they're fun

honestly have been spending a ton of my time just setting up white soapstone+darkmoon covenant and helping random ppl

i find that pretty fun way to grind souls to buy all the unique armor cos i like collecting it all

also for some reason the sirris questline fixed itself or something since she randomly showed up again lol. idk if that's a bug or what but i did her quest and that was pretty alright

this game is cool, i wish i had like a long weekend to just play it

JarrodL

DSII Crown of Old Iron King DLC was great until the first boss and the next area below him. Both bosses (
Fume Knight and Blue Smelter Demon
) were nightmare fuel for my fat-rolling tank build. That whole part felt unfair in the sense that I died often even when I felt I was playing perfectly and not making mistakes. Like it was designed to be pull-your-hair-out frustrating, instead of just challenging. It's so baffling because I thought the first area (Brume tower) was pretty cool in both level and encounter design.

Hektor

JCx42Vp.gif

did anyone see the arcadian atlas kickstarter?

it's a very clearly final fantasy tactics inspired srpg with really nice pixelart and a job system and like people in walking animation stuck in place and stuff

looks great

nice

and yeah dark souls is not a game that rewards style, it's a merciless world out there and you gotta get things done however you can. there's no fair in the battlefield, only alive and dead!

That looks fuckin' yummy. Too bad they don't have Paypal support (yet)

If you play your games in borderless windowed mode you need to enable desktop capture mode in the shadowplay settings or it won't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom