• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Is IS Defense banned here as well?

The game is pretty awesome for the cheap price. It's simple but I can't stop playing it. Steam reviews are 98% positive

47hrs of dark souls 3, just a bit closer to the end lol

killed oceiros and got l
othric castle
down, just haven't gone through the fog gate. also did most of u
ntended graveyard
and got pretty close to killing that boss but chose to put him off for later since it seems kinda tough to replicate the good fight i had that one time. oceiros was a pretty fun fight, kind of super easy if you have a decent shield but still fun.
saiyan gungir
is also pretty alright, the dungeon is pretty lame but the fight is pretty good, lots of moves to remember and a lot of reaction moves to pull off in really tight windows. i like all the bosses in this game, they're fun

honestly have been spending a ton of my time just setting up white soapstone+darkmoon covenant and helping random ppl

i find that pretty fun way to grind souls to buy all the unique armor cos i like collecting it all

also for some reason the sirris questline fixed itself or something since she randomly showed up again lol. idk if that's a bug or what but i did her quest and that was pretty alright

this game is cool, i wish i had like a long weekend to just play it

Shield is for weaklings.
Dodge all day everyday!

btw does blade of the darkmoon covenant ever activate for you? I'm sick of waiting for it to work.

It's been a LONG while since the last time I played a game with no pointer at all. I get lost in Dark Souls all the time and explore places that I'm not supposed to go yet, with all the harder enemies within. I guess I'm going to use a walkthrough for this, no shame. At least I'm doing okay so far.

zkylon

zkylewd
Shield is for weaklings.
Dodge all day everyday!
i did a lot of dodging for the first half of the game but bosses have gotten really fast and have many different combos and i enjoy mixing dodging with shielding so this is how i'm playing it

i iike the game better when i mix things up

btw does blade of the darkmoon covenant ever activate for you? I'm sick of waiting for it to work.
all the time, i got like 30 of the ear thingies (tho a lot of those are from blue sentinels)

i did a lot of dodging for the first half of the game but bosses have gotten really fast and have many different combos and i enjoy mixing dodging with shielding so this is how i'm playing it

all the time, i got like 30 of the ear thingies (tho a lot of those are from blue sentinels)
Weird. I kept it on for most of the last half of the game and I never got summoned. Switched to mound makers atm to get the pyro cheevo

Anyone have any experience with Shadowplay? It just...doesn't do anything. I turn it on, nothing happens in any game I play at all, I have no clue what to do from here. No indicator, doesn't record, just...nothing.
There's an easily overlooked checkbox in the Shadowplay settings for "Desktop Capture". It's underneath the monitor icon on the settings page with the hotkeys and overlay icons. That solved a similar issue for me.
Also, you have to enable Shadowplay on another settings page, top-right on Geforce Experience.
Also also, use the stable build, not the beta. That can have all kinds of problems recognizing games and keystrokes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Weird. I kept it on for most of the last half of the game and I never got summoned. Switched to mound makers atm to get the pyro cheevo
yeah, weird

i wouldn't say it's like every 15 seconds but like, i have to remove the blue sentinels/darkmoon covenants when fighting difficult baddies cos sometimes i get summoned mid fight and when i come back it's full health and i've spent my estus and my fp already -__-

sunbro summons are also really quick, like 20 seconds tops, at least against the dancer and oceiros

fantomena

So either Im the only one in the world who owns Wolflame on Steam or everyone who owns the game are so poor noone wants to buy my cards. :(

Was there ever a good Agatha/Holmes game anyway?

The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: the Serrated Scalpel was good.

GKOsd0g.png

yeah, weird

i wouldn't say it's like every 15 seconds but like, i have to remove the blue sentinels/darkmoon covenants when fighting difficult baddies cos sometimes i get summoned mid fight and when i come back it's full health and i've spent my estus and my fp already -__-

sunbro summons are also really quick, like 20 seconds tops, at least against the dancer and oceiros
Yeah, sunbro/aldritch are too fast! i had to remove aldritch to continue the game lol

Getting 30 reward loot items in Mound Makers & Rosario's Fingers is such a pain for a non-PvPer like me. Like truly frustrating.
At the high level that I am, it's a rek-fest with all the co-opers I land upon invasion. Urgh.
I use gotthard twinswords + painting guardian's curved sword. Pyromancy as backup along with Storm curved sword...if i need to cheese it.

If an opponent has a troublesome weapon then my basic ploy is to parry with painting guardian or just go full aggressive with gotthard. The rolling poke is too good.
I just hate it when ping interferes and I get rekt without even knowing how lol

ExoSoul

Banned

Late game shields become less efficient because of the knock back on the boss' moves, might as well get good at dogging.

zkylon

zkylewd
best thing are the sliding reference pose people just teleporting and sliding all over the place and murdering you without any real way of countering it lol

it's kind of hilarious

Late game shields become less efficient because of the knock back on the boss' moves, might as well get good at dogging.
i really don't get it

is using a shield now also frowned upon

like seriously, i don't need to "git gud" because i use a shield when it's most convenient

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah the thing's I've heard about the walking speed in rapture doesn't really sound too exciting.
the way i've heard it, it's just not very compelling and all you do is read/hear stories without much sense of place like you'd do in gone home or stanley parable or whatever. idk

if i may recommend a walking simulator esque game, i'd recommend lifeless planet. it's got a bit of platforming and puzzling in it but it's mostly walking around crazy mars landscapes and the story is pretty good and the vistas are great. it's not the greatest game ever but i liked it a lot

POLLEN seems nice, but as a VR title. That game was developed with VR in mind, so I guess its far better in VR than on a normal screen.

From what I've read it plays fine without VR.

the way i've heard it, it's just not very compelling and all you do is read/hear stories without much sense of place like you'd do in gone home or stanley parable or whatever. idk

if i may recommend a walking simulator esque game, i'd recommend lifeless planet. it's got a bit of platforming and puzzling in it but it's mostly walking around crazy mars landscapes and the story is pretty good and the vistas are great. it's not the greatest game ever but i liked it a lot

Yeah, I've checked it out but it isn't really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a more tight mysterious atmosphere akin to Gone Home and Soma. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man... I like this Mercury Steam Castlevania trilogy. Really enjoying Lords of Shadow 2 right now. Once you got over the "this isnt symphony of the night" hump (which, granted, I think we all did eventually with the first Lords of Shadow after a while) I think they did a nifty little series of games here.

is Mercury Steam even still around or are they another dead studio? They seem like a great B studio imo, and you kinda need those also

xist

A Bird Story and other stuff...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cloud Knights -- MB-1230D2C6F25C49FC - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
A Bird Story -- MB-A937776B3504B271 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Defend Your Life -- MB-B3869F9D9BFE1C8E - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-4A10E666B70FDB1F - Taken by Vuze

t1461500356z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
best thing are the sliding reference pose people just teleporting and sliding all over the place and murdering you without any real way of countering it lol

it's kind of hilarious

i really don't get it

is using a shield now also frowned upon

like seriously, i don't need to "git gud" because i use a shield when it's most convenient

I'm not saying it's frowned upon, simply shields work a bit differently than in the previous games.

man... I like this Mercury Steam Castlevania trilogy. Really enjoying Lords of Shadow 2 right now. Once you got over the "this isnt symphony of the night" hump (which, granted, I think we all did eventually with the first Lords of Shadow after a while) I think they did a nifty little series of games here.
Having never played a 2D Castlevania game before, I'm looking forward to go open-minded into Lords of Shadow.
And honestly, even playing the old 2D Castlevanias should be easy to emulate and play. Nice to have missed out on so many classics to go through now. All the Marios and Zeldas. So many untapped classics.

AHA-Lambda

DS3 completed ;)

22 hours it took, so I know there must be quite a bit of optional stuff I've missed.
Not gonna lie, had to summon for a couple of the harder bosses, but outside of those few at the end, it was an overall easier experience.

But then again it is my 5th souls game now, for me it needs a bit of a rest. It's formulaic now, it's a hell of a formula but still.

Now, on to Danganronpa 2!

giphy.gif

Now, on to Danganronpa 2!

giphy.gif

I'm four chapters into Dang It Ron Paul 2, and while I am enjoying it, I don't think it's as good as the first game. There's a lot more filler than the first game, some of the minigames are bigger misses than last time (I'm looking at you, Logic Dive), and I personally can't stand Nagito or Hyoko. And the fourth chapter is just awful.

AHA-Lambda

I'm four chapters into Dang It Ron Paul 2, and while I am enjoying it, I don't think it's as good as the first game. There's a lot more filler than the first game, some of the minigames are bigger misses than last time (I'm looking at you, Logic Dive), and I personally can't stand Nagito or Hyoko. And the fourth chapter is just awful.

Aww, that's disappointing =/
I loved the first one! :(

kurahador

Nagito gets awesome towards the end as is the game, no worries.

Jawmuncher

Agree with most of what you said. Still not a bad game, but it definitely pales in comparison to the first. The filler especially got to me. Drags its feet for a good while in multiple parts.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm dissapointed that the cases continue to be somewhat predictable. I've just seen the murder scene of chapter 3 and i'm 100% sure I already know who's guilty because of two obvious details.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh Lords of Shadow 2 is actually a lot more like a "metroidvania" than I expected, especially coming from the first one. Neat.

Also is Danganronpa on sale somewhere or something?

Tizoc

huh Lords of Shadow 2 is actually a lot more like a "metroidvania" than I expected, especially coming from the first one. Neat.

Also is Danganronpa on sale somewhere or something?

Both DR1 and 2 were discounted until DR2 got released.
Expect maybe a 33% discount during Summer sale, although the games are worth it.
Let us know what you think of the obligatory stealth sections :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom