• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Volimar's only friends are robots leave him alone

Tenrius

Peculiarly enough, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is on Steam on and not on GOG (while it's the opposite with Emperor's Tomb and some other LucasArts games like Sam & Max: Hit the Road and Zack McKracken). What's up with those weird inconsistencies? Are those games owned by different people or something?

Jawmuncher

Peculiarly enough, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is on Steam on and not on GOG (while it's the opposite with Emperor's Tomb and some other LucasArts games like Sam & Max: Hit the Road and Zack McKracken). What's up with those weird inconsistencies? Are those games owned by different people or something?

I'm guessing GOG gets timed exclusivity. For example after awhile a few Star Wars games only on gog finally hit steam.

oipic

season mode is terrible for learning
stuff that doesn't work works on them
builds bad habits, etc

Same logic for once you get to high level- don't play with a brand new teammate consistently, you'll build terrible habits.

I've played about 20 hours of Rocket League, and haven't played against a human yet. I figured I'd get at least somewhat proficient before annoying anyone online with my ineptitude... but I don't think I've reached that point yet.

No doubt I've built up plenty of bad habits, and anything I may have 'learned' in order to beat the bots wouldn't be effective online... but I'd be crap regardless. As a jolly little distraction and way to pass the time, though, I've enjoyed every minute while safely keeping my lack of skill and gameplay nous to myself.

Soo, I just got a new SSD and I still have all my stuff installed on my regular HDD, but my SSD is now my main drive (OS is on it). Now none of my Steam saves are working on my HDD, is there a way to point Steam to the correct drive to get my saves?

I feel like its going to the C drive (since that is what it was) but its no longer there, it's now on the "E Drive".

Am I screwed? D:

Soo, I just got a new SSD and I still have all my stuff installed on my regular HDD, but my SSD is now my main drive (OS is on it). Now none of my Steam saves are working on my HDD, is there a way to point Steam to the correct drive to get my saves?

I feel like its going to the C drive (since that is what it was) but its no longer there, it's now on the "E Drive".

Am I screwed? D:

It's been a long time since I had drive letter conflicts. Usually the "fix" would involve reinstalling on an as needed basis.

Try this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

Back up steam apps and user data first. Worst case scenario you have to reinstall Steam and manually move your save files. And those can be in many different places.

EDIT - You are doing this to try and "reset" the location Steam thinks it is located at.

Salsa

OrderlyPoisedCrocodile.gif

hoop ramp dodge 360 noscope

Minimalist Rebranding Salsa

missed opportunity to go with The Salsa

Amzin

I haven't quite finished Hyper Light Drifter yet, but I have to say it's easily one of my favorites in a long time. Very glad I backed it and started it up ASAP.

Soulflarz

Banned
I still don't quite get invasion system in Dark Souls. It seems that there are NPC and player invaders.

How do I distinguish them?

One looks and sounds like hes straight out of a JRPG and is easy to kill.

One does weird stuff and lags and has Xx360noScOpexX as their username

kagamin

I still don't quite get invasion system in Dark Souls. It seems that there are NPC and player invaders.

How do I distinguish them?

NPC invaders don't show up under the "recent players" in the steam overlay. The more you know. Also they usually have cool names, like Longfinger Kirk or something.

zkylon

zkylewd
so i may have goofed and jumped on top of leonhard's head and now he hates me lol

80k souls to grind for the velka pardon

velka you asshole

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Death Manta Ray -- MB-42DE167CB92D1012 - Taken by Deques
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim -- MB-7D1673A19BEDC9B1 - Taken by spindoctor
Resonance -- MB-1E5FD6F814EDD6F6 - Taken by bloke
Mind Games -- MB-063D23746E85D1E7 - Taken by neonglow
Soda Star -- MB-D73F38A4BE3BB59A - Taken by Henry Swanson
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-DEFF7525015545FA - Taken by voodooray
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again Plus OST -- MB-282A4512E6A802C2 - Taken by ExoSoul
Sky to Fly: Faster Than Wind -- MB-F1CFE1A829E615A5 - Taken by rainking187
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-598091432C8F7F5D - Taken by fuzzy123
FranknJohn -- MB-6B60224CBE2C91E5 - Taken by Arthea
Empire of the Gods -- MB-A6EBEBA5718925AC - Taken by nightstorm
Draw Rider -- MB-2C704A2DA6EBF247 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Morphine -- MB-759C90BDCD3D9572 - Taken by Catshade
inSynch -- MB-F40F4365645D57C3 - Taken by Ozium
Mystica: The Ninth Society -- MB-5BD579417F5EC5C6 - Taken by Saty
Blades of the Righteous -- MB-040CFA8974EE381B - Taken by bobnowhere
Hack RUN -- MB-0EEEE90D5C6B3552 - Taken by redlacs
Bacteria -- MB-CC0621A85294C760 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Fort Defense -- MB-BE9D0FD73B180A65 - Taken by Loptous

First Person Squabbler: 12 Minutes Of Shadow Warrior 2

One thing that developers Flying Wild Hog showed a clear understanding of was the importance of movement – their first stab at Shadow Warrior had a conventional level-based structure with occasional corridors and gardens, but it was at its best when it used the environment as an arena, pumping in more and more demons and beasties, and having the player dart about the place, slicing and shooting. The sequel adds new ways to navigate, allowing Lo Wang to ping-pong around the arenas and explore levels more thoroughly.

It’s also incredibly bloody. Limbs will fly.

Is it normal for a Unity game to have updates of that size? It's like the 1/3 size of the whole game.
Maybe it's just a minor tweaks, or maybe an update for the BGMs.

Edit: patch notes is up. I won't even bother to discuss it. /sigh

gelf

A little late on this, but European Sega is the best Sega as we all know.
If Sega Europe was more then what feels like just two guys working in a barn these days we'd probably be swimming in PC ports right now. This one a year pattern is very discouraging, I'll be dead before I see a Panzer Dragoon game on Steam.

I feel like the only way to speed up this snails pace of releases would be for someone to freely give them high quality emulators of every system they need so they can use minimum effort and just upload a ROM like they do with Mega Drive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom