• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Do we know if Valve is insisting on having bonus content such as videos be made available exclusively as 'streaming' video, instead of downloadble content via DLC subs? I ask because Kindred Spirits' first translated audio drama is hitting Steam in a few hours, and the value proposition for Steam buyers is quite poor:

kVZ9Yv3.png

We have to pay the same amount as the Mangagamer store, while only getting one part of the extra content. I had asked on twitter a few days ago why this was the case, and staff insisted that they wanted to make the drama purchasable for people who don't own the game, which I can't see really being a frequent scenario. And, unfortunately, streaming video subs cannot contain any other content due to the nature of the subs. I'm pretty excited about audio dramas being introduced to western audiences, but I'm not really okay with how Mangagamer is choosing to handle the Steam versions. It also brings into question what they're going to do when Drama CD 4 hits, which is both an audio drama and the full OST.

As it stands, there's almost no reason to purchase this on Steam, which could end up hurting them in the long run.

mp1990

Banned
Birthday giveaway. Key is only valid in Latin America.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc -- MB-BDFE72BD0917F671 - Taken by fspm. 11 entrants total.

t1461708508z1.png

Salsa

aw man I really want this

and im probably the only one here from latam who doesnt have it cause youre all weeabos

but I bet someone not from latín América gets it

fingers crossed cool giveaway

edit: ya gat damn argie

zkylon

zkylewd
Do we know if Valve is insisting on having bonus content such as videos be made available exclusively as 'streaming' video, instead of downloadble content via DLC subs? I ask because Kindred Spirits' first translated audio drama is hitting Steam in a few hours, and the value proposition for Steam buyers is quite poor:

kVZ9Yv3.png

We have to pay the same amount as the Mangagamer store, while only getting one part of the extra content. I had asked on twitter a few days ago why this was the case, and staff insisted that they wanted to make the drama purchasable for people who don't own the game, which I can't see really being a frequent scenario. And, unfortunately, streaming video subs cannot contain any other content due to the nature of the subs. I'm pretty excited about audio dramas being introduced to western audiences, but I'm not really okay with how Mangagamer is choosing to handle the Steam versions. It also brings into question what they're going to do when Drama CD 4 hits, which is both an audio drama and the full OST.

As it stands, there's almost no reason to purchase this on Steam, which could end up hurting them in the long run.

it shouldn't be, pretty old games but i remember ass creed brotherhood directors cut video content was just dumped in a folder, same with the dxhr directors cut stuff

cant remember about pillars of eterinty, but i think that was the case there too

i'll take ur dangarompa since i only have the sequel cos unnamed ppl are bad at birthday gifts lol

AHA-Lambda

Are they good? Do the choices really matter? I'd much rather there be multiple distinctive hour long final episodes based on play style than one 2 hour episode where the choices meant nothing.

Well not really its still typical TT, choices still don't matter, plus this mini series is more like S2 rather than 1 in quality I.e. Boring.

It's been a disappointment

Hi everyone just some spares from humble.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-90933678B0E10903 - Taken by matman5025. 3 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-E752DD57603CD26F - Taken by ussjtrunks. 27 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-67A20CD7F0CE0C0D - Taken by TheAutomator. 3 entrants total.
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-AD087449EAB6ACF7 - Taken by KillySG10. 6 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-D732A71DEBFDD37B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mad Max -- MB-0FF2A5F5D518B028 - Taken by Mr Clutch. 53 entrants total.

t1461709528z1.png

Nzyme32

When did Valve change the community friend activity feed to display all of the game description for a new game a friend owns? It looks like an absolute mess since the text doesn't flow correctly and isn't properly formatted.

Lomax

Well not really its still typical TT, choices still don't matter, plus this mini series is more like S2 rather than 1 in quality I.e. Boring.

It's been a disappointment

That's a shame. I was hoping for something like

Ep1 2 hours
Ep2 A 1.5 hours Ep2 B 1.5 hours
Ep3 AC 1 hr Ep3 AD 1 hr Ep3 BC 1 hr Ep3 BD 1 hr

That would give you motivation to play through at least twice, if not more, and though individual play times would be shorter, overall time would be longer. If they are just short episodes with no real choice, I'll definitely wait until it gets bundled.

I've been wanting to do this kind of regional giveaway here. But is there a way to filter the participants? The keys will be useless if someone from outside the region took them, whether it's by mistake or intended.

Oh, and happy birthday~!

mp1990

Banned
I've been wanting to do this kind of regional giveaway here. But is there a way to filter the participants? The keys will be useless if someone from outside the region took them, whether it's by mistake or intended.

Oh, and happy birthday~!
I asked Stump that and he told me there was no way of blocking participants that didn't fit the region requirements, so I should just left an warning before the giveaway so people wouldn't join it by accident.

rtcn63

So I started the Ni-Oh demo and it's... it's rough. The game was originally announced as PS3 game right? The actual combat feels like Witcher 2 (which for me means clunky as hell, also the protagonist strongly resembles a westernized Geralt) and the regular enemies will one-shot you 99% of the time- the game obviously expects you to grind the very beginning area, but there's nothing there to look at or anything really.

There are these graves littered about (in fact, they make up the majority of the scenery) with I guess activate mini-boss enemies that are marked by level. They have basic combos that will also one-shot you, including the level 1's. If you're lucky you'll be able to throw up a sword block partway, but don't even try to roll since you character turns to stone during an onslaught. Oh and damage? Even with the power stance, it'll take 3-5 hits to kill a regular, non-grave enemy.

This is not fun or challenging. Though admittedly intriguing, but you have to wonder if the early experience is an outlier and things become more much... not shit later on.

When did Valve change the community friend activity feed to display all of the game description for a new game a friend owns? It looks like an absolute mess since the text doesn't flow correctly and isn't properly formatted.

I think it's been that way for some time. Only does it when it's a single game. If they buy multiple, they get collapsed together.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Lords of Shadow 2 is anime as fuck. Time for the dlc then

MUnited83

For you.
Well, just played Ni Oh. While there's many Souls influences alright+summoms,bloodstains,emotes), the actual gameplay feels a lot more like a mix of Onimusha+slower version of Ninja Gaiden.

Also please tell me the final version has character curation. The fucking protagonist couldnt be more bland if they tried.

Well, just played Ni Oh. While there's many Souls influences alright+summoms,bloodstains,emotes), the actual gameplay feels a lot more like a mix of Onimusha+slower version of Ninja Gaiden.

Also please tell me the final version has character curation. The fucking protagonist couldnt be more bland if they tried.

pretty sure the character you see is what you get

Nzyme32

After playing NiOh this trailer is not from PS4 version for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz80GeslJSE

Game is 1080p/30 in Movie mode and 900p/60 in Action mode and even in Movie mode doesn't look like that.

Could be PS4K. Would like to think it could be PC, but I don't know how good Tecmo / Team Ninja have been on PC, and whether they could even get 1080p 60fps going on PC they way some ports turn out. Having said that, mad amount of money left if they were not to bring the game to PC

The game looks like a PS3 to PC port after you've turned all the settings to low.

Yeah, now that you say it, it does have that look to it. I don't really mind though. It's the game itself that is more important, and IQ for me.

MUnited83

For you.
Could be PS4K. Would like to think it could be PC, but I don't know how good Tecmo / Team Ninja have been on PC, and whether they could even get 1080p 60fps going on PC they way some ports turn out. Having said that, mad amount of money left if they were not to bring the game to PC

Yeah, now that you say it, it does have that look to it. I don't really mind though. It's the game itself that is more important, and IQ for me.
Eh, the game already supports 1080p and unlocked framerate on PS4. TK has some terrie ports, but I dont think they ever made one that had less resolution and lower locked on framerate than the console version. Ergo, a Ni Oh port would be fine in that regard.

I asked Stump that and he told me there was no way of blocking participants that didn't fit the region requirements, so I should just left an warning before the giveaway so people wouldn't join it by accident.

I see. That's what I thought as well.

After playing NiOh this trailer is not from PS4 version for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz80GeslJSE

Game is 1080p/30 in Movie mode and 900p/60 in Action mode and even in Movie mode doesn't look like that.

Judging by the action mode screenshots, I'm quite certain that it's 720p instead of 900p. They look so pixelated, not just blurry like 900p.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I was looking over my server statistics earlier today and noticed something: Enhanced Steam received it's 3,000,000th (3 millionth) download at approximately 2:44PM PST yesterday.

Nzyme32

Eh, the game already supports 1080p and unlocked framerate on PS4. TK has some terrie ports, but I dont think they ever made one that had less resolution and lower locked on framerate than the console version. Ergo, a Ni Oh port would be fine in that regard.

That's good to know.

Jawmuncher

Enjoyed my time with Ni-oh. Feels souls like to me while still trying to be its own thing. I'll be keeping it on my radar. Hope they announce a PC version before the PS4 release or I might just have to cave in on console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom