• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Zid & Zniw Chronicles: Zniw Adventure
AE9644F2C32A839FBB8A5991A588CBBBA73998E5
There's some trouble in the time of dinosaurs!

It's a long way home, and the primeval world of Cretaceous Earth isn't exactly a safe place for unwary travellers - After a series of unfortunate events, a young female dinosaur, known as Zniw, ended up far, far away from her family and home city of Wajapulka. And her journey home is not easy - the road is long, the prehistoric land of Polisemia is huge and savage, and Zniw herself is limited by her own physical capabilities and the desire for food in order to survive.

Do you have what it takes to help our poor Zniw get home?

Lomax

New episodes for King's Quest, Hitman and TWD Michonne all up for download

EDIT: Apparently the last episode for TWD Michonne is only an hour long, TT been taking the piss with episode length since Minecraft >_>

Are they good? Do the choices really matter? I'd much rather there be multiple distinctive hour long final episodes based on play style than one 2 hour episode where the choices meant nothing.

I've been playing Parasite Eve II for the first time ever and..it's a good Resident Evil clone that has light RPG elements to it?

Man, this series is too good for the shit treatment it has gotten. I loved the first game when it came out and discovering this gem for the first time really bugs me because SE blew it with this franchise. Maybe if they threw these games on steam they'd get more of the love they deserve

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to tell which games are region locked? Seen a couple of bargains and I am worried will be Brazilian/South American only (notably Battlefleet Gothic)

If you search for the game on SteamDB and check the listed packages, there'll be an unmissable caution message informing you of any regional restrictions. An activation restriction can easily be overcome with a VPN and Valve has thus far turned a blind eye to the use of such programs to redeem keys or unlock games early, but runtime restrictions -- where a game won't launch if your IP isn't being broadcast from a permitted country -- stick around for three months (at least at this juncture).

In the case of Battlefleet, you'll find sub 94594, which is purchase-restricted to Brazil and presumably the one Brazilian stores such as Nuuvem are selling keys for.

(I assume you're aware of the gifting restrictions on the Steam Store and are interested in ascertaining the status of retail keys in particular.)

Ludens

Banned
Well, I can't beat the first boss in Ni-Oh. I mean, the pattern is very easy and I manage to do the first "form" without healing, but the second form is a bit unpredictable and the fact the boss almost instakill me with one hit doesn't help. I heard there's a new stage with another boss after this, but I think TeamNinja really went too far with difficulty tuning.

Arthea

I've been playing Parasite Eve II for the first time ever and..it's a good Resident Evil clone that has light RPG elements to it?

Man, this series is too good for the shit treatment it has gotten. I loved the first game when it came out and discovering this gem for the first time really bugs me because SE blew it with this franchise. Maybe if they threw these games on steam they'd get more of the love they deserve

you just called Parasite Eve a RE clone?!
steamgaf is on a roll today

it has to end in KT HB

Nillansan

The thing is that people thought that showing Sega, that an old, anime game like VC could convince Sega to put out more of similar games on PC. Yakuza, Resonance of Fate. Such things. Not Sonic. And now they announced a new "VC" after VC sold shittons on PC and its still console exclusive (yet).

I know, their approach to PC gaming has been straight up puzzling at times, but I am sure that Valkyria: Azure Revolution will make it to PC.

Sure, it is cool, but it's just a neat feature. :p
It's not like a game or anything. The problem isn't only that after VC, they decided to port Sonic Lost World, it's that they seem to have adopted a pattern for ports, which is one port a year, which is the best way to lose momentum.

Yes, I agree, it is a feature, but the fact that they went through the effort of implementing this feature for a set of games that probably doesn't provide a significant revenue stream, still has me somewhat hopeful.

That wouldn't surprise me to be honest. It's even more funny that Valkyria Chronicles happened by accident and wasn't related to the petition.

Oh, I just want to point out that when I mentioned the campaign, I didn't mean that the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles was a result of the campaign, I am well aware that development started prior to the campaign.

Be excited for Sonic Boom next!

I would abandon all hope and cry myself to sleep.

Phinor

Download codes can only be redeemed on Nintendo eShop in American Countries. They will not work on European or Japanese Wii U or Nintendo 3DS devices.

just for info, same as last nintendo bundle

"Nintendo eShop codes can only be redeemed on Nintendo eShop in Europe and South Africa. They will not work on American or Japanese Wii U or Nintendo 3DS devices."

I guess they managed to find a fix for the issue and make Humble region specific.

Endruen

Download codes can only be redeemed on Nintendo eShop in American Countries. They will not work on European or Japanese Wii U or Nintendo 3DS devices.

just for info, same as last nintendo bundle

Lol, it says the opposite for me:
sUy8Qis.png

Looks like it detects your region.

Lain

Adventure game about spending some time with your granny. Nice visual style.
Lieve Oma
It's the season for penny buns, Grandma forced you to come along a bit. But deep down you know it'll do you good and take your mind off of things.

Lieve Oma is a short top-down 3D game where you go for a stroll with your grandmother through a forest.

You can pick mushrooms when you find them, but the real reason you're here is to have a discussion with your grandmother about the issues you encounter, coping with going to a new school, among other things.

Arcade shooter with, yet again, a nice visual style.
NIGHTHAW-X3000
NIGHTHAW-X3000. Feel the vibe of the 80's in this stylish shmup with action hotter than the girls of Miami beach and visual style prettier than that of a VHS which was recorded once! A soundtrack that will make you wanna put on your pastel-colored clothes and rollers and start looking for the disco! In the full version you will be able to buy and modify new weapons, ships or powerups - everything will be provided by the Patriotic Hippie for the right amount of bucks. Various lvls, bosses and single/co-op mode are included for more fun!
The soundtrack is made from an ever-increasing number of artists including VHS Dreams, Supersex420 and Do Nothing Club! AND IT'S HAWWT!

The indie mix of asscreed and watchdoge? Part of the blurb seems to mix more than that.
Reverse: Time Collapse
Reverse Time Collapse is a unique experience (UNDER DEVELOPMENT, we'll publish the kickstarter really soon) that combines the fast paced action of The Last of Us, the stealth of Metal Gear Solid with the puzzle system of Monkey Island. There are some similarities with L.A. Noire and Shenmue. The game combines exploration, combat and puzzles with an innovative interaction system and multi character cooperation system.

We can't ever have enough shmup, right?
Burst Fighter
77489C3D09B7D490E0AD4140AD4852B8071622EB

Burst Fighter is a fast paced Shoot 'Em Up / STG.
You can customize your unit to suit your style and help you to beat enemies easier.
Your main purpose is to survive from all of enemy hordes & reclaim your homeland.

I freely admit that this one has me voting yes simply because of the gif icon and the music in the trailer... well, it's a puzzle too and seems to sit between interesting and oddly charming for me. There's a demo on the greenlight page, but everything on the page is in Chinese.
The Shape Of Heart

I got the impression some here, for reasons unknown, love pigeons so maybe this could be of interest.
Wild West Pigeon
How far will you go to get your revenge?

As any decent pigeon in Wild West, you had something to live for. Now, that something has been taken away from you. It's time to choose the path of war and rush into the combat.

What is the game about?
Wild West Pigeon is a roguelike: you control a pigeon outlaw. Each playthrough requires player to complete a specific objective. Here are some of them:
Vengeance: deal with the sheriff that stole your nest
3:11 to Birdtown: arrive to the destination and board the train for a new life
Make them pay: the villains burned down your village, you are the next target. You won't survive this, but you want to take as many as possible with you.
Bittersweet seed of knowledge: tile for self-improvement! Get one of your stats to maximum.
The combat system offers the use of guns or melee. Each action takes stamina (replenished by food). If player runs out of stamina - the game ends. Levels consist of rooms that are generated randomly and has random obstacles and enemies.

you are now my enemy, welcome aboard

you're going to have to explain how a fixed camera third person game with tank controls, puzzle elements, and backtracking isn't basically an RE clone. Only this one, again, has light RPG stuff so it's also put a twist on it.

If we were talking about PE1 then yeah that game is its own weird thing and that, too, is fun but PEII is RE as fuck. And i don't even mean that in a pejorative sense because I love RE games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I see Hyperdevotion Noire came out with the same crazy discount the NepNep games usually do (40%)

Nzyme32

Seems the Oculus subreddit and Palmer Luckey somehow managed to shit themselves today. No idea what's going on there.

Also almost 1 week till Stellaris hits Steam, at which point my life will disappear!

Finally, Stephen's Sausage Roll is brilliant - but absurdly addictive to people like me who just have to try and figure everything out as soon as possible. I had to refund the game because I couldn't stop trying to complete the bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom