• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

New ip better has to be Science Fiction Souls.

Imagine a boss fight vs this guy.

tumblr_npltq7eclq1qd479ro1_500.gif

Would be epic :D

aren't the Lords of the Fallen people doing Sci Fi Souls as their next game?

Still interested in playing LOTF especially since its like 1/3 as long as a standard souls games. Seems like it could be a breeze to play through

gabbo

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-25-digital-shelfspace-four-new-storefronts-for-pc-devs

Boondogl - Browser-based using your local CPU & GPU
Utomik - 'all you can eat' streaming subscription
Playfield - Discovery-focused
Startselect - direct-download multiplatform

Again, more details on each on GI.BIZ

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-25-digital-shelfspace-four-new-storefronts-for-pc-devs

Th reason I never got into these before, besides my internet connection at the time being waaaay too bad to handle streaming a game, was the idea of ownership. I like the idea (however limited it may be now) that I can put in a cd/dvd or fire up an exe on my computer and play as I please (again, Steam and origin, and uplay are murky in this area). At most, this might help me find titles I would then go and buy elsewhere.

ExoSoul

Banned
You need to reach the Superman status here. Just imagine A Ninja Gaiden-like combat system mixed with Souls, this is Ni-Oh. I think I'm pretty good in DS games, I'm having my ass kicked out here so much.
Like, the very first enemy you encounter can insta-kill you with a simple attack.

I like everything I hear, does it have a release date?
Also I hope you realise my previous reply was just a tongue-in-cheek comment since DeS/DS are european centred while from what I have seen Ni-Oh is all Jap

Is Origin the only place that sells Crysis 3 nowadays? Regular game sites don't have it, but shady sites and places like Target and Dell do. What's causing this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is Origin the only place that sells Crysis 3 nowadays? Regular game sites don't have it, but shady sites and places like Target and Dell do. What's causing this?

The fact that the game is exclusive to, and requires Origin. Target and Dell sell it in a retail package, which activates on Origin. Shady sites sell it because they're reselling the Origin redemption keys found in retail packages, usually from countries with lower value currencies.

sprinkles

Zombi on PS4 is such a piece of crap. I mean, the game is very interesting, but the game is so bugged I just get frustration out of it:

-I was playing as a girl, I quitted my game because I had stuff to do, I respawn as a dude with my inventory wiped out, including a rifle I found and never used and several medipak. I backtracked to the location where I quitted, but no survival around.
-there's a section in which I need to pass through water, and the character will raise the backpack up his head: well, he never put it off. There was a ladder nearby, can't interact with it. There were two zombies, I couldn't kill them because no weapons, I didn't manage to get away and they killed me.
-sometimes when I loot bodies I fall in the ground and my survivor dies disappearing into the floor.
-the game is pitch dark, I suppose this is a choice, but in some locations I barely see even by using a torch.
-if a zombie grabs you, no matter if you have full health, you are dead.
-if there are some zombies around you and you managed to take one down but it's not dead yet, by pushing R2 there's a 99% chance you will hit that single dude triggering an animation which lead you to die, because all surrounding zombies will attack and kill you.
I also tried it out recently, maybe only to justify me paying for Plus and also to keep the dust off the PS4. I liked the atmosphere, but the clunky controls kept getting in the way. I played for a few hours, but I don't think I will start it up again.

Hektor

Gotta say, that FFIX Patch really did it. The game now takes an entire minute to load a savegame and it suddenly runs at a locked 20 FPS.

Good job you buffoons.

Knurek

Gotta say, that FFIX Patch really did it. The game now takes an entire minute to load a savegame and it suddenly runs at a locked 20 FPS.

Good job you buffoons.

You bought it and you played over 2 hours, Squenix can now fuck you in the ass without an ounce of a worry.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey look, speaking of lords of shadow :)

edit: oh weird its just the first one on sale not the franchise. why.jpg

AHA-Lambda

New episodes for King's Quest, Hitman and TWD Michonne all up for download

EDIT: Apparently the last episode for TWD Michonne is only an hour long, TT been taking the piss with episode length since Minecraft >_>

New episodes for King's Quest, Hitman and TWD Michonne all up for download

EDIT: Apparently the last episode for TWD Michonne is only an hour long, TT been taking the piss with episode length since Minecraft >_>
Guess they have too much on their plate? Don't exactly know how their studio splits work between all these games but they definitely seem to get more and more titles announced each year.

Unai

What's the name of that indie game that looks like Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Ogre that people were talking about? I don't know if it was released or just announced.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the name of that indie game that looks like Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Ogre that people were talking about? I don't know if it was released or just announced.

its a kickstarter

Naarmight

Is there a way to tell which games are region locked? Seen a couple of bargains and I am worried will be Brazilian/South American only (notably Battlefleet Gothic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom