• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

img-thing

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow congrats!

Thanks everyone! It's a pretty big milestone - hopefully lots of cool stuff coming to Enhanced Steam this year. The next version is already shaping up nicely with a bunch of fixes and a few new features. Hopefully by the end of the year there will also be full support for Firefox (again) and Edge.

The dream(house) is dead.

AHA-Lambda

My Gods TWD Michonne Ep 3 performs terribly, even relative to other TT games and the other episodes.

One instance of a 10-15s hang and 2 instances of loading that was about a minute long. The heck you doing TT?

Endruen

To those of you who gifted me Dark Souls III and are wondering how I've been doing, here's a picture representing my life the past couple weeks:

trIsDdr.jpg

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I bought Dark Souls II this Saturday. I should start it soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shame I didn't buy some spares last sale.
A bit weird tho; I'm under the impression it had the same publisher as Puppy Rescue?

They're not exactly original games, apparently. Google tells me that Dreamhouse Party is a tie-in to the Life in the Dreamhouse TV show while Puppy Rescue is a tie-in to the Great Puppy Adventure film; the removal of the former suggests that the show and film were licensed separately rather than covered under a single licence that encompasses the Barbie IP in general.

They're not exactly original games, apparently. Google tells me that Dreamhouse Party is a tie-in to the Life in the Dreamhouse TV show while Puppy Rescue is a tie-in to the Great Puppy Adventure film; the removal of the former suggests that they were licensed separately rather than being covered under a licence that encompasses the Barbie IP in general.

Well shit, I held off on buying it because I assumed since the Puppy game came out not too long ago they probably still had the license for a while. No idea they were separate licenses.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I bought Dark Souls II this Saturday. I should start it soon.

DO IT.

I definitely get the praise for the Dark Souls franchise now. By far the best RPG combat I've ever experienced. And it gives me a nostalgic feeling because of all the hidden stuff and the "I'm not going to hold your hand" feel of the game; it feels very old-school in a good way. I have a hard time seeing how anything will top DS III as my GOTY.

DO IT.

I definitely get the praise for the Dark Souls franchise now. By far the best RPG combat I've ever experienced. And it gives me a nostalgic feeling because of all the hidden stuff and the "I'm not going to hold your hand" feel of the game; it feels very old-school in a good way. I have a hard time seeing how anything will top DS III as my GOTY.

Its actually kinda sad that the Souls-series might be one of the only big "AAA" titles that do this.
The praise it gets is often for things that were totally normal 15-20 years ago (at least when it comes to PC-Gaming).

Jawmuncher

Its actually kinda sad that the Souls-series might be one of the only big "AAA" titles that do this.
The praise it gets is often for things that were totally normal 15-20 years ago (at least when it comes to PC-Gaming).

I mean we did kind of move away from it for a reason. I can't imagine how things would be if the gaming landscape was mainly just stuff like souls. The few challenging games we get, makes them all the more special.

Arthea

alrighty, let's try this one last time
anybody wants to host Rocket League 4 pack? Apparently it is possible to get addition 5% discount with gimme5.
I would host it, but I have it at most expensive price plus vat, so that makes a no no.
There were at least 3 people ready to jump in (unless they bought already) from wrong regions, so likely we need only one person. The deal is there for 30 hours still, let's try it.

Rocket League 4 pack (bundlestars, gimme5 for -5% more)
1. needed host
2. Arthea

someone in need of a game, please kindly repost it later, as I'm about to go to sleep and will check only tomorrow morning.

I mean we did kind of move away from it for a reason. I can't imagine how things would be if the gaming landscape was mainly just stuff like souls. The few challenging games we get, makes them all the more special.

Some of the reason was to attrackt the mainstream audience though.

If I want challenging games that dont require handholding, I usually have to play Indie-games nowadays.
Its even present in FPS nowadays. While in the early FPS, the AI felt really "natural", nowadays the AI in FPS feels like "they already know where I am". Like take FC as an example. I shoot someone in a camp and everyone there knows where I am. In FC1 and Crysis 1 or even RtCW, you could use different strategies for different situations.

Rafy

alrighty, let's try this one last time
anybody wants to host Rocket League 4 pack? Apparently it is possible to get addition 5% discount with gimme5.
I would host it, but I have it at most expensive price plus vat, so that makes a no no.
There were at least 3 people ready to jump in (unless they bought already) from wrong regions, so likely we need only one person. The deal is there for 30 hours still, let's try it.

Rocket League 4 pack (bundlestars, gimme5 for -5% more)
1. needed host
2. Arthea

someone in need of a game, please kindly repost it later, as I'm about to go to sleep and will check only tomorrow morning.

I'm in as long as it's not above 10 USD with PP fees. Otherwise I need to go to top-up my card in 10 hours when the post office opens. I can't host it either though, sorry.

rtcn63

The difference between Dark Souls and some of those 20-somethings is that it's actually fun to play. Your character is generally responsive to your inputs, and failing at combat does feel as if it's mostly your doing 95% of the time.

Basically, it's thematically old-school but functionally modern.

MUnited83

For you.
Some of the reason was to attrackt the mainstream audience though.

If I want challenging games that dont require handholding, I usually have to play Indie-games nowadays.
Its even present in FPS nowadays. While in the early FPS, the AI felt really "natural", nowadays the AI in FPS feels like "they already know where I am". Like take FC as an example. I shoot someone in a camp and everyone there knows where I am. In FC1 and Crysis 1 or even RtCW, you could use different strategies for different situations.
Eh, not really, its actually the other way around. Plenty of older titles had Psychic See Through Walls AI. Far Cry 3 was great in that regard imo. They only see you if you are in direct line of sight. Shoot a weapon behind the fence? They will check the are you shit it from. They won't know where you are though. Blow up a explosive? Again, they will check that área, you don't get found out .
Get found out? Break line of sight and once again, they won't know where you are. One of my favorite moments on FC3 was where I managed to get away from a gunfight, and I could see the enemy approaching the last place where he saw me, slowly approaching, shootings and taking cover, ultimately making a run for it. It was great.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Realistically, what settings could I play new games on with a GTX 970 and a i5-6600K or i5-6400? And when would I need to upgrade?

Realistically, what settings could I play new games on with a GTX 970 and a i5-6600K or i5-6400? And when would I need to upgrade?
New games is a moving target. It could max Dark Souls 3 at 60fps. Check benchmarks for Division 71fps and Far Cry Primal 54fps at 1080p for Ubi level games. Do you prefer graphics or frames? What resolution monitor do you use?

Anustart

Think i'm done with mirror's edge. Got my save working again, near the end of the game, but shit just isn't fun anymore. Having all this forced combat sucks. I'm out.

Terra_Ex

Jeff Vogel's still at it.

We're inching closer to those Geneforge remakes. I quite enjoyed Avadon 2 though, so I'm looking forward to this, as well as the touted improvements Jeff said he'd be making. Curious that Nathalie and Khalida are featured in those screenshots and trailer, maybe there will be some returning faces this time... or maybe they're just placeholders.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
that doesnt sound promising >_> im already slightly bummed its reusing the same levels, but to be fair, I dont know what I was expecting

I actually enjoyed the DLC more than the main game. But I'm known for having weird opinions or "bad taste".

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
New games is a moving target. It could max Dark Souls 3 at 60fps. Check benchmarks for Division 71fps and Far Cry Primal 54fps at 1080p for Ubi level games. Do you prefer graphics or frames? What resolution monitor do you use?

1080p monitor, sometimes use my LG TV

Where can I check these benchmarks? Thanks :)

Ehhh. That's good for Nintendo folks I guess. Nothing for me.
Birthday giveaway. Key is only valid in Latin America.
Happy birthday.
So I was looking over my server statistics earlier today and noticed something: Enhanced Steam received it's 3,000,000th (3 millionth) download at approximately 2:44PM PST yesterday.
That's quite the figure. Congrats on the milestone!
I know you like it ad-free but man, such a successful app can turn quite the heads.
I can't remember the last demo that's actually made me want to buy a game, they always steer me away from buying them anymore.
Dying Light went from "Looks like yet another zombie game" to "Damn this is unique and fun" just by the demo.

Sarcasm

Ehhh. That's good for Nintendo folks I guess. Nothing for me.

Happy birthday.

That's quite the figure. Congrats on the milestone!
I know you like it ad-free but man, such a successful app can turn quite the heads.

Dying Light went from "Looks like yet another zombie game" to "Damn this is unique and fun" just by the demo.

I own a 3DS and nothing for me either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What did you think of the main game's anime-ness?

It was funny considering it came from a non Japanese company. Seeing anime shit with characters that are not anime in terms of design is bizarre yet hilarious. Also kinda funny to see the change of tone between 1 and 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was funny considering it came from a non Japanese company. Seeing anime shit with characters that are not anime in terms of design is bizarre yet hilarious. Also kinda funny to see the change of tone between 1 and 2.

I thought I was playing Bayonetta or Azura's Wrath at times :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait that DS3 dlc news about first in the fall and second in 2017 failed to mentiin theres also a third one, or did we already know it was 3? I mean DS2 was 3 sure, but BB was 2 eventually merged into just one.

Echoplx

Wait that DS3 dlc news about first in the fall and second in 2017 failed to mentiin theres also a third one, or did we already know it was 3? I mean DS2 was 3 sure, but BB was 2 eventually merged into just one.

I think that was just translated wrong in the original post.

Rhaknar

everything I've seen about the DLC says 2 expansions...and the Steam listing for the Season Pass says it's only 2 expansions

Yeah thats what I thought...although in hindsight that makes the season pass a bit expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom