• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

In short no NX at E3, no NX this Holiday, delaying Zelda U to 2017 (no matter what they are saying that is because of NX launch), almost no games for Wii U this year...
Oh yeah thought u meant nintendogaf
But i agree ninty is in a weird d spot right now
I honestly dont know if reggie vs miyamoto right would help like last time

dex3108

Oh yeah thought u meant nintendogaf
But i agree ninty is in a weird d spot right now
I honestly dont know if reggie vs miyamoto right would help like last time

No new platform at E3 and no Holiday launch for new platform is just stupid in my opinion.

Tizoc

No new platform at E3 and no Holiday launch for new platform is just stupid in my opinion.
I envision a scenario where ninty announces releasing their titles on steam and other platforms as well and nx is just a more powerful handheld
It would be so glorious itd be worth the wait for

"Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare" seems to have been leaked and includes "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" remastered.

ChCa_1fW0AAyjxA.jpg:large

Vazduh

GOAT

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood -- MB-BFC87B079D812C35 - Taken by Large Professor. 3 entrants total.

t1461749370z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

army of wentakles: a cthulhu dating sim or as paul rudd would say or is it? -- MB-E1561DC4EDF37158 - Taken by derExperte

Get your chum.

Saty

Can 'hard to crack' Denuvo win the cat-and-mouse game of PC piracy?

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/2712...uvo_win_the_catandmouse_game_of_PC_piracy.php

Two months later and Just Cause 3 is, as Lee Singleton, the Square-Enix manager responsible for profit and losses (P&Ls) and development across a range of the company’s titles, puts it “still not cracked.”

It is something of a triumph for a company where, Singleton claims, “piracy has been a huge problem for many, many years.” The problem has been further exacerbated, Singleton says, by P2P networks, which make it far easier for people to share cracked games. “Right now Denuvo is one step ahead,” says Singleton. “It's the culmination of years of dedication and experience from the team problem solving one of our biggest problems

Thomas Goebl, a director at Denuvo, is, surprisingly perhaps, more muted in his appraisal. “Although there is news that we might prevent piracy completely going forward, we have a more realistic view: our focus is to help publishers to secure the initial sales windows of their games. Our goal is to delay the initial crack as it’s during this timeframe that many people choose to buy the game rather than pirate it.”
“Piracy groups have automatic tools to remove those kind of digital licenses,” explains Goebl. “This was one of the motivation why we developed our Anti-Tamper solution mainly on request from EA, our first backer for this technology
“We wanted to ensure that the paying consumer does not even feel we are there,” Goebl explains. “We wanted there to be no extra hurdles, no drop of the in-game framerate.” Finally, the team wanted to ensure convenience for developers, allowing a team to apply the protection as a ‘post-compiler step’, with no need to alter the game’s code.
Today, the company’s product is used across a huge range of games from companies, which, in addition to EA and Square-Enix, include Warner Bros, Konami, and Ubisoft.
The success of Denuvo’s solution is, Goebl says, down to the fact that it’s hyper specialized, tailored for Windows based C++ games. “I guess most competition has a broader portfolio of supported OS and programming languages and therefore is unable to offer the focus of a tailored solution,” he says.

Square-Enix’s Bone takes a dim view of this position. “The success of previous games heavily influences future development, as this is a key gauge for what games people are enjoying playing,” he says. “If one of our games were to ever be mass pirated, it can be a challenge to track how many people are playing it and harder to assess the appetite for us to produce a sequel, or even a game in a similar genre. We have some incredible studios producing amazing content, but to ensure these teams can continue to thrive, we need to be able to build on previous commercial successes - piracy works against this
“It’s hard to put any sort of positive spin on piracy,” he says. “It’s ultimately theft and not the sort of random factor we can build into our planning.”
“The PC is still seen as a piracy platform by most publishers,” says Goebl. “Publishers claim that there is between 80-97 percent piracy for PC games, but these numbers are always hard to verify. Regardless, piracy cannibalizes sales, not only on PC but also on console if a pirated PC version is shared illegally. Many of our clients have indicated that the absence of a cracked PC version on the day of a game’s launch makes the platform more viable

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Made it to the C
atacombs of Carthus
in Dark Souls III. The boss I had to beat to get there rocked. This game rocks.

Mivey

made by the Securom dudes with EA's money....
You're not seeing the positive here: Even they understand they have to make it invisible, in every regard, to the end-user. Compare that to Securom, which was almost a "benevolent" virus on your PC.
These companies will never represent our interests, but at least they are understanding that they should try to not deliberately hurt their customers.

Echoplx

You're not seeing the positive here: Even they understand they have to make it invisible, in every regard, to the end-user. Compare that to Securom, which was almost a "benevolent" virus on your PC.
These companies will never represent our interests, but at least they are understanding that they should try to not deliberately hurt their customers.

There's no way to test Denuvo games without Denuvo so you can't really make the claim that it's not hurting customers, for all we know it could have an impact on performance.

Basically they just made it harder to prove it's having a negative effect.

Mivey

There's no way to test Denuvo games without Denuvo so you can't really make the claim that it's not hurting customers, for all we know it could have an impact on performance.

Basically they just made it harder to prove it's having a negative effect.
I wasn't saying they acomplished it, I'm saying they are clearly trying to make it have less of an effect on the user. It's about intention, not their competence. There is also a nice seperation of interests, were Denuvo doesn't handle the actual license information, which additionally means it has a smaller footprint than something fullblown like Securom.

I will admit that that alone isn't worth a whole lot, DRM-free is the way to go, but it's not nothing.

MUnited83

For you.
Crystal Halberd is so OP. I'm wrecking everything in Andor Londo in 1-2 hit.
Am I supposed to get this weapon right now?

yeah, it's basically the "help you go through Anor Londo weapon". Don't rely on it too much though, bad scaling means it won't be good for much time.

Hektor

Crystal Halberd is so OP. I'm wrecking everything in Andor Londo in 1-2 hit.
Am I supposed to get this weapon right now?

Crystal weapons are all very strong. You can get them much much easier even. But they have virtually zero durability and are expansive af.

yeah, it's basically the "help you go through Anor Londo weapon". Don't rely on it too much though, bad scaling means it won't be good for much time.

Crystal weapons are all very strong. You can get them much much easier even. But they have virtually zero durability and are expansive af.

I see. Yeah, I've already got a warning that the weapon is at risk. So I had to switch to Iaito again, which I've just transformed to Chaos Blade earlier.

Anyway, am I doing it right if I'm following this walkthrough? Especially for the 'next area' parts, as I'm not too confident in choosing my next journey thus far. I get lost so often in this game, kinda wasting my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom