• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made
it
to the C
atacombs of Carthus
in D
a
rk So
uls
II
I. The
boss
I had to
beat
to get there
rocked
. This game
rocks

Whoa, spoilers. I went ahead and fixed your post for you. Be more careful next time.

Also, have you guys and girls seen Flinthook yet? The gameplay looks like that fine line between the nostalgic familiar and laser-honed exciting twists on the formula.

menus_portrait_bounty.gif

EDIT: There's a SteamDB sub for it, so it's fairly safe to assume it's coming to our neck of the woods.

Saty

Red Hook Games has announced a slight delay for Darkest Dungeon on PS4 and Vita. It was due spring/early summer but has been moved to late July/August.

"We want to make sure that all of the Town Event contents we are working on now are solid for inclusion into the console release," the team said, "as well as making sure it runs like butter and plays well with a controller. Adjusting controls, in particular, is not a quick process.

"We have a level of quality that we want to ensure in all of our releases and we would rather take some extra time to make it right, rather than rush it out the door."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-27-darkest-dungeon-delayed-a-bit-on-ps4-and-vita

Arthea

FF9 is now at almost 120K sold (still on the bestseller list btw), it'll likely overtake Lightning Returns (almost at 150K sold) after all
while Stardew Valley is at 1,010,773 ± 24,261 and still on the bestseller list, watta beast.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TheLetdown, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-D3ADA78FB6A9AB0C - Taken by Lashley. 6 entrants total.
Ronin -- MB-23B7793ED9C3C0F5 - Taken by Endruen. 2 entrants total.
NOT A HERO -- MB-C740CBDC81CE5131 - Taken by fspm. 9 entrants total.
Dropsy -- MB-CB853706E9350984 - Taken by voodooray. 12 entrants total.
Fistful of Gun -- MB-EFADD5008B6E3DA7 - Taken by septicore. 6 entrants total.

t1461771150z1.png

Devolver drop!

mp1990

Banned
Ni-Oh difficulty level has more in common with 8 bits games than Souls exactly, in a sense that it's really poorly designed, isn't fun AT ALL and has nothing to do with DS. I'm glad this is not a new Onimusha entry, maybe there's still some hope for samurai games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm on vacation in Mexico right now. I'm considering getting The Walking Dead Michonne, can I buy it or am I at risk of being banned?

The latter. You're expected to purchase from the store of your home country while travelling abroad.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm on vacation in Mexico right now. I'm considering getting The Walking Dead Michonne, can I buy it or am I at risk of being banned?

The only way you technically would have little risk of being banned is if you got yourself a payment method specifically on that country. Ergo, opening a bank account there.
You can't do it with your regular payment methods.

Sarcasm

The only way you technically would have little risk of being banned is if you got yourself a payment method specifically on that country. Ergo, opening a bank account there.
You can't do it with your regular payment methods.

Don't forget two weeks of not being able to switch region.

Ryne

Beat Stories: The path of destinies a few days ago, it's a good game just with some very obvious flaws, some of them involve spoiling the story so I won't do that.

It is very repetitive though, and the gameplay is pretty basic. I did love the narrator (not as much as Bastion's though), and the characters were endearing.

Deques

4559f77d2875c60562bebb22f656de6824badc6e.jpg

Finished Intrusion 2, which is my 28th beaten game this year. I started playing this game 2014 but for some reason I didn't beat the game.

edit: I have over 7500 achievements unlocked ^^

Arthea

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/apps/214970/4559f77d2875c60562bebb22f656de6824badc6e.jpg[/IMG
Finished Intrusion 2, which is my 28th beaten game this year. I started playing this game 2014 but for some reason I didn't beat the game.

edit: I have over 7500 achievements unlocked ^^[/QUOTE]

This asks for Megachiever post

[SPOILER]sorry[/SPOILER]

fantomena

Everybody's Rapture is so terribly optimized. Right now the PS4 version runs better than the PC version and the PS4 version doesn't either run good.

Dark Souls III Patch

Version 1.04 - 4/28 8am CEST/1am PST
Ashen Ones,

A new update for Dark Souls III will deployed on Steam on Thursday, April 28 at 8am CEST / 1am PST.

The maintenance will require approximately 2 hours of downtime (est. end 10am CEST / 3am PST).

Please find below the list of changes:

Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
Conditions for optional events is eased.
Conditions to get Rosaria’s Finger is eased.
If they haven’t visited the Untended Grave, players will not be teleported there.
Kicks cannot be parried.
The Crystal Sage will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
The Dragonslayer Armour won’t die before the battle.
Knight Slayer Tsorig will no longer gesture unintendedly.
Siegward of Catarina will now be able to properly rescue Greirat once conditions are met.
If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes have been made.

After the update is completed, the details will appear on the title screen as follows:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

No word of Playstation Button prompts (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

They released another patch note.
It seems so.
Regulation Ver 1.06 - April 28th
27 April - Kimundi
Ashen Ones,

A new Regulation version will be updated to adjust the game balance on Dark Souls III on Thursday, April 28th. It will not require an additional maintenance.

Main Adjustements:

The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.

After the update is completed, the newest version will appear on the top left of the title screen as below:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Firefox updated to v 46. Any effects on ES?

Nope, it should be fine. The real exciting part will be when it updates to v48, then it will support the WebExtensions version - meaning it will be identical to the Chrome version's functionality
assuming Mozilla fixes a bunch of bugs before that happens

Yep, the lack of a SLI profile is what kills it definitely. Since it's a dual card, it basically works as a 680 when it doesn't have a SLI profile.

I defense of the card, Everybody's Rapture and Division beta are the only problems Ive had with it so far. I had problems with Tomb Raider Rise until I got a good sli profile for it.

I hear ya but even as an SLI card it's getting long in the tooth. I guess it depends on how max-y you want to get with your games though.

I take it I should probably look into replacing my 660M?

It usually works fine, though.

I know nothing about the M line but sure, go for broke

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala The Indie Parade Bundle

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!
Cosmic Rocket Defender (STEAM)
Ferrum's Secrets: Where Is Grandpa? (STEAM) +
Forest Warrior (STEAM)

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 15 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

This Book Is A Dungeon (STEAM)
BlackShadows (STEAM)
Curvatron (STEAM) +
Empires Of Creation (2014) (STEAM) +
Galactic Conquerors (STEAM)
Hordelicious (STEAM)
Hypt (STEAM) +
Ladra (STEAM)
Machine Gun Train Run (STEAM) +
Lethal RPG: War (STEAM)
Monumental (STEAM) +
Pongo (STEAM) +