• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
come again? Can you tell that prices are lower these days at least to Blow and Murray?
that was a joke, yes
It's even in that chart, the median price is almost the same, so your theory doesn't hold up all that much.
Over 1.5$ of difference is not "almost the same". Statistically its a huge difference.

Hektor

So far I just have no idea what to do, everything kills me in one hit and good luck fighting more than one foe at once D:

You gotta be really careful and keep a distance to the enemy, even more so than in souls games with dex build.

Putting up with multiple enemys isn't really a good idea with a katana, but other weapons like axes or spears do a fairly good job.

If you still struggle with multiple enemys you can try to aggro them individualyl with a bow, altho it takes a bit until you get one.

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree that they should continue to expand the discover and explore options as well as making curators matter more. But its also good to remember that even the state it is now it already resukted in more sales, more wishlisting, more page visits than ever before for most devs.

I dont think the current situation is any more dire than the " I can only put my game on Desura or itch.io" days. And guess what, deva that are only published on those serviços seem to be fine and they continue making games. And the moment they get their game on Steam everything multiplies in the hundreds at least.
i want valve to work more and faster on making the store easier to navigate and easy to explore to feel that steam is less of a crapshoot to keep up with the floodgates being open, that's all

i think it's totally in their power to do so and it's kind of their responsibility to both game makers and gamers

i want valve to work more and faster on making the store easier to navigate and easy to explore to feel that steam is less of a crapshoot to keep up with the floodgates being open, that's all

i think it's totally in their power to do so and it's kind of their responsibility to both game makers and gamers

The thing is Valve added more and more modern features to a storefront/client developed in 2003/2004.
They really should rehaul everything.

I mean even uPlay got a total rehaul...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The thing is Valve added more and more modern features to a storefront/client developed in 2003/2004.

The current client is "only" five years old. It was completely overhauled shortly before Steam released for the Mac as the underlying IE-based browser engine couldn't be carried over.

Uraizen

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

fault milestone one -- MB-CD9AED6E883C6560 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.

t1461790411z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd

its kinda hard cos like, steam is huge

each feature gets hammered by like a 100m users and each feature has to be localized and whatnot

league has a similar issue, they have been using the same shitty cilent since 2009 cos making something from scratch that doesn't break when so many people are using it is pretty tough, which is why only now they're making a new client (and they're deploying it part by part in alpha and beta stages)

maybe that's what valve should do, new steam storefront that's maybe not super feature complete but that's a lot more streamlined and modern

The current client is "only" five years old. It was completely overhauled shortly before Steam released for the Mac as the IE-based browser engine couldn't be carried over.

Oh. I wasnt really aware of that. Still feels like a PoS client :(

I still wonder why so many things are "browser based" in the current client.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh. I wasnt really aware of that. Still feels like a PoS client :(

I still wonder why so many things are "browser based" in the current client.

I still believe there'll be another redesign coincident with SteamOS moving out of beta... whenever that's to be.

MUnited83

For you.
it's 16% difference in price, while there are 55% more games, making less revenue, are we talking about the same statistics?
OH, but you see, we dont actually have revenue numbers. Just consider that the hundreds of indie bundles make that data point wildly innacurate.

Do you guys think it would be worth requesting a PC/Steam version in the Nioh Alpha feedback form?

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us

The framerate is really rough on PS4 even in the 'action mode' and Team Ninja are directly requesting feedback. I'd really love to see this game on PC so if this can get a message to them that there are people willing to buy it on PC then I think it's a good idea to use it.

Hektor

Do you guys think it would be worth requesting a PC/Steam version in the Nioh Alpha feedback form?

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us

The framerate is really rough on PS4 even in the 'action mode' and Team Ninja are directly requesting feedback. I'd really love to see this game on PC so if this can get a message to them that there are people willing to buy it on PC then I think it's a good idea to use it.

Trying can never hurt, does it?

Anno

I've heard multiple reports that 8 Bit Armies is really good, and lord knows Steam needs more good RTS games. Anyone tried it?

zkylon

zkylewd
i wouldn't post anything about irithyll cos like robbing people of the spectacle of finding it for themselves is like a crime or something

kind of how i spoiled myself of majula in dks2 and then when i saw it i was like "yea i've seen it"

it's not really a "spoiler" but it's something i think it's nice to let people see for themselves

Salsa

i wouldn't post anything about irithyll cos like robbing people of the spectacle of finding it for themselves is like a crime or something

kind of how i spoiled myself of majula in dks2 and then when i saw it i was like "yea i've seen it"

boohoo k

Back in 1995 price and length:

http://backin1995.com/?p=245

“Back in 1995″ coming three days after.
Finally I decided on the price. (Sorry for announcement delay!)

Normal Price:      $11.99 / 1,198 yen
Launch sale 20%off :   $9.59 / 958 yen (Launch week only)

This game’s approximate playtime is 2-3 hour.
So I thought it should set affordable.

BHK3

Banned
Does anyone here get 60fps with a 970 in dark souls III when they get to
Ithryll
? I get the occasional stutter which I read is still an issue though. Resolution is 1080

Jazz573

Bundle Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

fault milestone one -- MB-CCB124A4466A6D70 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 1 entrants total.
200% Mixed Juice! -- MB-C67FA7331A64D927 - Taken by bigzgod. 1 entrants total.

t1461798271z1.png

Salsa

I really dont know why I never bother removing the OC on my card when games are running weirdly

did so just now and I can now max DSIII without it BSODing, which was doing even with low options

dumb

Sarcasm

I really dont know why I never bother removing the OC on my card when games are running weirdly

did so just now and I can now max DSIII without it BSODing, which was doing even with low options

dumb

Dunno about dumb but things do get picky and its probably a power fluctuation issue or something.

Salsa

Dunno about dumb but things do get picky and its probably a power fluctuation issue or something.

dumb that I never bother removing it since its all just Precision X

like yeah the CPU one bothers me to revert cause its BIOS and all but this is just moving virtual levers

Woah, it's like a Chinese Final Fantasy Tactics.

rito already talked about this a couple months ago

they were like "we don't feel like being in a race anymore" so they don't talk numbers. makes sense cos at one point you're asking your game to be played by more and more people every year and that's kind of unreasonable cos there's only so many weirdos willing to improve their lives playing mobas. it's also something that league players don't care about, i already know the game is huge, all my friends are freaking playing it lol. the people that care about league's numbers are their competitors and gross people that are just rubbing their hands hoping for league to crash for some weird sad reason i'll never understand

and guess what, rito (which means league) made like 1.6 billion usd last year and that they're buying other studios and hosting league tournaments in like madison square garden and like soccer world cup stadiums, so if you think the game's doing bad you're out of your mind

Hmm, I see. Yeah, they don't need to prove anything anymore, they're already (and still) on top.

zkylon

zkylewd

dumb
how do you do that?

i would like to remove the factory overclock from mine

Hmm, I see. Yeah, they don't need to prove anything anymore, they're already (and still) on top.
i think the only people interested in player numbers are people that want league to do bad and rito has zero obligation to indulge those kinds of people

ppl with mild curiosity can just take that 7.5m concurrent number and go "ok it's pretty big, probably still around that"

there's no indication that league's gonna die anytime soon

Ventara

Hey guys, is Dropsy a good game? It seems to have been received well, but it just looks so weird to me, and the clown looks horrifying. Debating whether I should get the BTA tier in the Devolver Humble bundle.

Nzyme32

Hey guys, is Dropsy a good game? It seems to have been received well, but it just looks so weird to me, and the clown looks horrifying. Debating whether I should get the BTA tier in the Devolver Humble bundle.

It's brilliant. And I think the art is meant to evoke that feeling in a way

Sch1sm

I double dipped on that one - mobile and Steam. No regrets.

E: Gotta ask what you'd define as a good game, though. Do you tend to like click 'n point adventure titles? Are you a story/feels driven person? Then, yeah. Go for it. Do you like games similar to it in any way? FEZ? The Deer God?

Ventara

yes, it's very good, actually

It's brilliant. And I think the art is meant to evoke that feeling in a way

I double dipped on that one - mobile and Steam. No regrets.

E: Gotta ask what you'd define as a good game, though. Do you tend to like click 'n point adventure titles? Are you a story/feels driven person? Then, yeah. Go for it. Do you like games similar to it in any way? FEZ? The Deer God?

Alright, I'll pick it up then. I do like point-and-click adventure games. Didn't read too far into the comic since I don't want to spoil myself, but I liked the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom