• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Wait what? It said in the email it will be renewed on the last friday of the month, and the games would be unveiled on the following week (may 6th or something)

Yes, but the "renewal" is what you paid in advance for, to get Mad Max. It would only kick in a renewal if you had an existing subscription and hadn't gotten the advance game. You can wait and see what next month's preview game is and decide then whether or not to just let it renew at the end of the month, renew immediately (and get that game), or cancel. The bundle renews the Friday before it delivers. The June bundle will renew May 27th and deliver June 3rd.

Edit: go look at your humble settings page (where the cancellation link is) and you'll see something like this:

s1qUcQF.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I just want it on the record:

Dead Space 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dead Space 2.

While I enjoyed Dead Space 2's thematic element
The Hallucination and Guilt Isaac feels toward Nicole's death from the first game/incident
the combat feels less "tight"/fair on Survivor and Chapter 12-13 were completely fucking awful and kinda soured the rest of the game.

Also Chapter 1-5 or so, the first third of the game could've been axed story-wise and nothing of value would've been lost beyond
WHOO~~~~ WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE SCIENTOLOGISTS--er--"UNITOLOGISTS!"
and moving filling Isaac in on some background information forward a small bit and the game would've been slightly tighter outside of the bullshit encounter designs.

Also Titan Station is a bit disappointing as you'd expect a city under infection to not be completely locked down to the point of you not being able to break into stores to find credits/ammo/weapons, but there you are. It's just as locked down as the Ishimura for the most part, but at least the Ishimura lockdown made some story sense with you investigating the "dead ship."

Kane wants me to check out Dead Space 3, but I'm kinda wiped with how Survivalist Chapter 12-13 was with me stocking Stasis instead of abusing it.
Saving those for the end meant I could just run past all the monsters on the way to the Marker in the last chapter with little to no damage. Fantastic.
I don't expect Dead Space 3 to surpass the original in any way. So it's a shame the series "declines." It's not like Dead Space 2 (or 3) are bad games, they're just not needed. Dead Space 2's story would've been far better with slightly tighter combat design.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait what? It said in the email it will be renewed on the last friday of the month, and the games would be unveiled on the following week (may 6th or something)

Isnt it like a magazine subscription where you get the june issue in may etc? The Max bundle has been up for almost a month now why would I have until the end of another month to cancel.

Methinks you are wrong sir

From their FAQs:

The first month of a subscription is a little different.

You're billed $12 at the time you subscribe. With that payment, you unlock one game immediately to start playing now! Since you already paid for your first bundle, you'll get the coming Humble Monthly bundle when it's released on the first Friday of the month. After that, you will be automatically billed around seven days before each new bundle. You can also pay early to unlock one of next month's games!

For example: If you were to sign up on October 10th, you'd pay $12 immediately. This payment would unlock the early-access title, and your first bundle of games when it's released on November 6th. You wouldn't be billed again until seven days before the next bundle is released on the first Friday of December.

So Lomax is correct, you won't be charged for next month's bundle (since you already paid upfront). You'll have til a week before the next bundle is revealed to decide if you want to stay subscribed or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I stand corrected then, I apologize. What a weird system

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

A Bird Story -- MB-B246F3F9F0958B26 - Taken by AsylumX

zkylon

zkylewd
cleared archdragon peak and got to the boss boss

guy's kicking my ass, and i'm a bit tired and frustrated at my controller that keeps disconnecting (and the game freezes while it tries to figure out wth is going on) so will try it tomorrow

doesn't seem THAT difficult, i got his first phase down consistently, but there's a very punishing combo on his phase 2 that if you don't time properly the guy just stunlocks you forever. i'm also having trouble finding a window to hit him

gonna maybe make a few sunbro runs and check him out from a distance to try and figure out his tells, but it's such a long fight that i'm feeling a bit lazy

demons bloop
kind of the point of souls games is that run #2 is not the same as run #1. run #1 was super tense, death was creeping in every corner and you felt like the game was toying with you, throwing traps and ambushes and meaner and meaner looking dudes at you with no compromise. maybe it takes a few tries but bit by bit you clear the dungeon and reach the boss. the boss will very likely kill you and you'll be forced to walk a bunch to fight them over. but this is no longer run #1, this is run #2 in which enemies are trivial and you can just run past them (try it!) cos you know where all the traps and shortcuts and secret paths are. so on this run to the boss you just book it and skip all the enemies and instead of like walking for 45 minutes it takes you 2

as the series went on they've still shortened the runs to the bosses cos honestly it's still pretty annoying, and demons is the one with some of the most annoying runs (2-2 in particular for me was like ughh). thankfully demons is also super awesome for a ton of reasons so it's all most forgiven

but seriously, remember that you can run past the fodder enemies. they have a leash range and at one point they'll just stop chasing you

try that and see if that makes it less annoying for u

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that game of thrones rpg got quite a lot positive comments on steam, anyone played it?

I played about an hour and it was janky as shit, but it seemed like the good kind of euro jank as opposed to the bad kind.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I added a spoiler on steam community and just as I did that Roboleon posts the same pic without spoilers above me lol

people post screenshots from any location in any other game all the time and no one gives a shit, but once it's about Dark Souls apparently you can't share anything about anything

OMG there's a bridge to a town bathed in moonlight with houses in this game OMGZ

Same here - one of my favorite aspects of this thread is when people post their honest impressions of games that they play, both good and bad.

Some guy posted a review of Army that was totally useless. Just a drive-by crank review. I looked at the comments and saw that he then was giving actual critique to some other user that went "thanks for warning me".

I have nothing against troll reviews or even bad reviews, but I contacted the guy and told him that I really would have liked him to post his positive notes in the review.

He told me that he didn't put anything substantial in his review of my game because he "didn't want to be too harsh" and that he "respects indie devs".

Guys, don't be like this guy. Post feedback that is useful to the dev team.

that game of thrones rpg got quite a lot positive comments on steam, anyone played it?

Looks good, but I think I remember that the game got a harsh negative feedbacks when it's released back then.

Maybe I'll keep my eye on it and see for myself later.

people post screenshots from any location in any other game all the time and no one gives a shit, but once it's about Dark Souls apparently you can't share anything about anything

OMG there's a bridge to a town bathed in moonlight with houses in this game OMGZ

Yeah, it's kinda weird. It's like a special treatment for Souls games.

I personally don't care about location spoilers. Every other game uncover them before release all the time.

zkylon

zkylewd

i mean, there is kind of a spoiler in revealing that location

and some games are more sensitive about that kind of stuff than others, i think it's fair to respect that

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Technically it's poop, but story was good. I kinda enjoyed it. It have it's moments. If you can stand jankyness and like GoT, who doesn't, you might wanna give it a try.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish at least some of those bullethell games didn't have anime in them so i wouldn't baited into clicking them -__-

Parsnip

Speaking of Dark Souls 3 and spoilers, time to resub to the PC screenshot thread now that I've finished the game.
Dark Souls is a special thing indeed where discovering locations for the first time is such an integral part of the experience (for me anyway).

Also boreal valley is special for another reason too, which you may or may not realize until after the boss fight
when you walk around the corner after the boss room and see the weird corkscrew lift of Anor Londo in the distance. I at least up to that point just thought it looked pretty cool if somewhat reminiscent of Anor Londo, not that it's actually Anor Londo.

Wok

I remember a dream from last night:
  • I was banned from GAF for posting too much in the Dota2 thread
  • Ori Definitive Edition was 6€ for owners of Ori Standard Edition.

Edit: Wait, it was not a dream!

IxfzeXN.png

It's the 2:13am WHY THE FUCK AM I UP? Bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ARMY OF TENTACLES Plus SOUNDTRACK -- MB-1FA87816075E8D63 - Taken by Arthea
ARMY OF TENTACLES Plus SOUNDTRACK #4 -- MB-4005480548F0B0C7 - Taken by bloke
ARMY OF TENTACLES Plus SOUNDTRACK #3 -- MB-3A4A1FA82E961D86 - Taken by Vuze
ARMY OF TENTACLES Plus SOUNDTRACK #2 -- MB-28EA8895DD2B300C - Taken by Sch1sm

Sch1sm

I remember a dream from last night:
  • I was banned from GAF for posting too much in the Dota2 thread
  • Ori Definitive Edition was 6€ for owners of Ori Standard Edition.

Edit: Wait, it was not a dream!

IxfzeXN.png

Is this significant enough to buy? If you already played the game through, I mean. Does it add anything? Or is it just prettier?

It's the 2:13am WHY THE FUCK AM I UP? Bundle

Thanks, bud. I'll start it up after I get some sleep myself, 5:24AM here.

Wok

Is this significant enough to buy? If you already played the game through, I mean. Does it add anything? Or is it just prettier?

I read it allows backtracking, adds one or two areas, and two spells. Ori was my Goty of last year, so I might double dip.

Mmh, it seems Danganronpa 2 is getting steady sales. It started at 12k and it's crawling everyday higher and higher. 16k for now. FFIX continues to sell, 121k. Good, good.

That was a good shark movie. I think that ultimately they knew they had to tread lightly both:

a) being the movie based on the true story that Jaws was based on.
b) being a Discovery Channel movie.

It didn't feel exploitative at all. All of the shark attack scenes were actually done in a very non-hyper light. Basically the opposite of Jaws.

Someguyinahat

You-must-stop-GIF.gif

God I love hidden object game reviews when they get posted in here. Not trolling.

Same here - one of my favorite aspects of this thread is when people post their honest impressions of games that they play, both good and bad.

Now I'm all conflicted. :(

Nice to see that some people like my impressions (especially two of my favourite posters.) I do need to get back to Dropsy one of these days - I put a little over an hour into it, and it's good except for the bit where there are events based on the time of day because how the heck do I know what time it'll be when I want to do something and get to that screen again? - but I've been a bit consumed with Bravely Second.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Bound By Flame -- MB-BA1482FEEE414A6B - Taken by Drillow. 4 entrants total.
Dungeon Nightmares II : The Memory -- MB-614BD5CACA6BA75B - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-2056B966ED5AADE7 - Taken by TheAutomator. 1 entrants total.

t1461839854z1.png

Some stuff.

Arthea

it seems steam changed how their top rated games list works and now you don't need 1000 reviews but 500, so the top changed quite a bit, new one:

1. Bit Blaster XL
2. This War of Mine - War Child Charity DLC
3. Airships: Conquer the Skies (EA)
4. Portal 2
5. BattleBlock Theater
6. Portal
7. One Finger Death Punch
8. Factorio (EA)
9. Iron Snout
10. NEKOPARA Vol. 2 (major facepalm wall)
11. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
13. Crawl (EA)
14. Epic Battle Fantasy 4
15. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
16. Don't Starve: Reign of Giants
17. Primordia
18. planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
19. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
20. Left 4 Dead 2

Stardew Valley dropped quite a bit, bellow top 30 now, paying price of popularity

really surprised with Bit Blaster XL being on the top now.

They are all cosmetic.

really? I thought hoops one has different mechanics

All maps/modes are free including hoops.

what? none of dlcs are free
fake edit: oh I get it, you are saying that everything is free aside of cosmetic stuff.

Deques

it seems steam changed how their top rated games list works and now you don't need 1000 reviews but 500, so the top changed quite a bit, new one:

1. Bit Blaster XL
2. This War of Mine - War Child Charity DLC
3. Airships: Conquer the Skies (EA)
4. Portal 2
5. BattleBlock Theater
6. Portal
7. One Finger Death Punch
8. Factorio (EA)
9. Iron Snout
10. NEKOPARA Vol. 2 (major facepalm wall)
11. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
12. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone
13. Crawl (EA)
14. Epic Battle Fantasy 4
15. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
16. Don't Starve: Reign of Giants
17. Primordia
18. planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~
19. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
20. Left 4 Dead 2

Stardew Valley dropped quite a bit, bellow top 30 now, paying price of popularity

really surprised with Bit Blaster XL being on the top now.

really? I thought hoops one has different mechanics

what? none of dlcs are free
fake edit: oh I get it, you are saying that everything is free aside of cosmetic stuff.

Where did you find the list?

Btw, one of the dlcs is a soundtrack, not cosmetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom