• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
From me to you, because it's my birthday. (Okay, I used *SOME* of my Steam wallet birthday money, but I'll totally buy myself something too, honest.)

Hint for "favourite games" one: it's a hybrid-genre game but partly dungeon crawler.

Remember, if you really like point-and-clicks, you probably have that game, so don't enter for that one...and if you really like dungeon crawlers you probably have the other one.

Going out on a limb here, but hopefully these games will go to people who don't have 'em. Enjoy!
Happy birthday~
May you have a memorable one!

Kotaku "Dark Souls 3 PC has a massive cheating problem"

http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-3-pc-has-a-massive-cheating-problem-1773660707

i'm willing to guess right now

I'll take Recettear for 400, Alex

CsniUCT.png

mp1990

Banned
I'm disappointed that none of you ever told me how incredible Read Only Memories is. I'm in love with this game.

Also, happy birthday someguyinahat!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy Birthday, someguyinahat! Great giveaway (I love a good mystery) but I'm not entering since I probably already have them both and I hope that whoever wins has time to play them and post their impressions here like you usually do.

Happy Birthday someguyinahat.

--------------------------------------------

Why aren't all the Dark Souls games on sale in this anime sale? This is as anime as it gets.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!

Happy birthday, somedudeinahat and thanks for the giveaway. Gonna guess the point n click game is Day of the Tentacle because I would really like that one.

It's not. I...um...that is to say...erm...

I never played that one :(

Happy Birthday! I hope that if I win I don't have those games.

I just checked your Steam profile. You have neither of them. So enter!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy Birthday, someguyinahat! Great giveaway (I love a good mystery) but I'm not entering since I probably already have them both and I hope that whoever wins has time to play them and post their impressions here like you usually do.

You lost your giveaway entering privileges when you sold out to the man

neonglow

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Bound By Flame -- MB-8C625FFB595C56EC - Taken by anastef. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-9052E0925307ED2C - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.

t1461887014z1.png

data

From me to you, because it's my birthday. (Okay, I used *SOME* of my Steam wallet birthday money, but I'll totally buy myself something too, honest.)

Hint for "favourite games" one: it's a hybrid-genre game but partly dungeon crawler.

Remember, if you really like point-and-clicks, you probably have that game, so don't enter for that one...and if you really like dungeon crawlers you probably have the other one.

Going out on a limb here, but hopefully these games will go to people who don't have 'em. Enjoy!
Darn, it's Reccetear isn't it, lol. Hoping I don't win that one since I entered for it. >: Anyways, happy birthday!

zkylon

zkylewd
just watched that contentid thing jim sterling is doing that he puts footage of games of companies that always abuse copyright claims so they don't get to monetize it cos they'd be fighting for it

that's so freaking awesome

Ventara

Huh, I'm watching a video on this and it looks a lot better than Chantelise and even Reccetear. I want to buy it but I'm worried the combat is basically one button

The game is pretty tough. Almost annoyingly so for me, though that could just be because I suck. Still a decent game though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Enemies have poise

Players don't have poise no matter what they wear-- the stat is actively not taken into account in the game because they flipped a switch turning it off. Havels armor will get you stunned by a level one.

Are you kidding me FROM?

zkylon

zkylewd
Enemies have poise

Players don't have poise no matter what they wear-- the stat is actively not taken into account in the game because they flipped a switch turning it off. Havels armor will get you stunned by a level one.

Are you kidding me FROM?

wait what?

Soulflarz

Banned
wait what?

You know how we thought poise was 'weird' in ds3?

It's literally flipped off. It is not used in calculations when a player takes a hit.
1,000,000 poise modded onto your character has no difference from 5 poise.

Aka heavy armor is shit in ds3 vs the others because you can't live longer because stuff stuns you the same! The main advantage of havel's armor in DS was the fact that while you lived longer, yes, more importantly you could heal as you got hit.

Don't worry guys, it's not system wide.
...the enemies still have poise.

What kind of screw up is that?

Enemies have poise

Are you kidding me FROM?

http://kotaku.com/the-mystery-behind-dark-souls-3s-seemingly-useless-pois-1773373128

If you play DS3, don't use heavy armor and weapons. You can, but you're just asking for a relatively hard time.
Faster weapons eat much less stamina per use, hit faster, allowing you to stagger enemies AND have enough in the tank for a follow up attack.

This is insane.
Will they fix it? or maybe mods?

Unai

After everything said and done, Toukiden is at least as good as the PS4 version, right? I also have a ps4 and a vita, but I'd rather play it on PC if the port isn't worse than the other versions.

Jawmuncher

After everything said and done, Toukiden is at least as good as the PS4 version, right? I also have a ps4 and a vita, but I'd rather play it on PC if the port isn't worse than the other versions.

I recall the big issue with the port was that it's locked at 30FPS. Unsure if there was anything else wrong with it. Maybe locked to 1080p as well?

Hopefully. Remember, it took them until Scholar of the First Sin PLUS a patch in order to fix the weapon degradation bug.

I see. More reason to wait then.

I recall the big issue with the port was that it's locked at 30FPS. Unsure if there was anything else wrong with it. Maybe locked to 1080p as well?

Yes, it's basically 1:1 PS4 port which means 1080p 30fps.

That's why it's called a bad PC port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom