• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post, top of page, gotta shill new game.
ZnIusfR.jpg

Poi is a pretty fun 3d platformer.

Soulflarz

Banned
rip done downloading
I'm already rolling around at the speed of sound
cause, I've got places to go
I've got to follow my rainbow

really, I can't stick around, I have to keep moving on
I can't guess what lies ahead, I think theres only one way to find out

...Does Lost Worlds even have crush40 music

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You play Darkest Dungeon?

..yes, for 60 hours. How is that something to recomend before Souls next week! Thats why im avoiding buying Stardew Valley right now ;_;

Nete

I liked the game, I don't understand all the hatred, apart from story being crap the game was fun as it was.

I played it in coop long after it was patched, and I had a blast. There were some hilarious part (hello explosive aliens) and it was easy as fuck even at the hardest difficulty level, but overall it was pretty okish.

Seems time to ask my friend to play it again :p

zkylon

zkylewd
And 76 is red-white-and-blue! Spirit of '76, man! 'Murica, fuck yeah!

...okay, I got nothin'.
i mean, it's not like he's downright repulsive like some of the older league champions but he's just so unappealing

i feel if there's one thing league eventually got right with champion design is making characters that feel distinct with each other and feel kind of unique and vibrant and exciting. like maybe not all of them but generally you see a champion and someone on your group of friends will be like "this champion is for me"

i really have a hard time anyone saying that about soldier 76, but i can see that being kind of the point, make a very standard and familiar character that people can default to when nothing else interests them, i guess

Aliens: Colonial Marines gets a complete overhaul thanks to modders, including recoded AI, reprogrammed weapon handling, and enhanced visuals.
that's super neat, gotta love modders

Tizoc

I liked the game, I don't understand all the hatred, apart from story being crap the game was fun as it was.
Did u buy ot day 1 @ usd 60 or did u grab it whenever it went on sale for 95% off?
U can always make a thread and ask unless ur to pussyfoot to do so :v

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did u buy ot day 1 @ usd 60 or did u grab it whenever it went on sale for 95% off?

Sale price vs full price ia a big factor. Another factor in my opinion is most people cant seem to seperate quality from enjoyment. You will often see "I dont get the hate, I liked it, I thought it was good" but rarely do you see "yup that game is fucking abysmal...I still loved it tho!"

I got it for like 1$, when I played it the game had already been patched.
I don't make threads, too high a chance of ban :p

Tellaerin

zkylon

zkylewd
i already preordered the deluxe edition

no spider is gonna get in the way of me and my souls

tho from sure likes to make it a challenge

Tellaerin

i already preordered the deluxe edition

no spider is gonna get in the way of me and my souls

tho from sure likes to make it a challenge

Now that's dedication.

I still need to play the first one. :p Finally got around to installing it the other day, so hopefully I'll actually start it soon.

Deques

Let me present you to my 20th finished game: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Game 20: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - 2016-04-04
c2835cfa39dbaf8e7e1f668e4bf491855a274947.jpg

Finally finished the first of 3 nep nep games. I started playing it 15th August 2015, it took me nearly 9 months to beat the game, which is way too long time for a game.

Let me present you to my 20th finished game: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Game 20: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - 2016-04-04
c2835cfa39dbaf8e7e1f668e4bf491855a274947.jpg

Finally finished the first of 3 nep nep games. I started playing it 15th August 2015, it took me nearly 9 months to beat the game, which is way too long time for a game.

How many hours did it take you?

zkylon

zkylewd
Now that's dedication.

I still need to play the first one. :p Finally got around to installing it the other day, so hopefully I'll actually start it soon.
idk if u played 2, but that one had like a whole section that was basically a nightmare house of spiders culminating in a giant pit of spiderwebs and jumpscares and whatever

i had to condition myself and slooooooooooowly bit by bit progress through that level just squinting my eyes with no sound and memorize the enemy placement and the locations and everything and i did it enough times that i got desensitized to those spiders (which is kind of how phobia therapy works, except you don't get to play an awesome game in the end)

so yeah, been down this road once, probably can do it again

i hope it's less difficult about that than 2 was, i'm fine with miyazaki and from liking spiders and putting them in their games, but i'd rather they toned it down a bit

Hm, hm, I'm loving the world of Mad Max. Desert, hot, sand. Motion Blur looks great in screens but I barely notice it during gameplay.
Upgrades need tons of scrap. Gonna be tedious to level up. Even Level 2 upgrades cost 300 scraps, dang. Max's voice doesn't sound as Aussie as I thought it would.
Car combat is fun. I disabled HUD in Video Mode but it's not really usable to gameplay. Shame they didn't add an option for HUD elements to fade in/out.

Too bad they patched out the infinite scrap loop bug.

I was 80% done with my 1st playthrough when a power outage corrupted my save (I had foolishly not rotated my saves since I was playing on my brother's computer, relying on the autosave only on the only slot he had left.)

Luckily the internet informed me of the exploit, and after 2-3 hours into a new game I got to it and 20 mins of looting the same crate I had gotten my scrap upto the level it was in my previous 30 hr savefile.

They really should balance the scrap collection better, because regular scrap values are pathetic.

Aside from exploits, the legit way of making bank is to wait for a storm, and then drive INTO it. Make sure you are well armored, as its really gives your car a beating, and then look for motherloot crates. Motherloot crates + scrap collection upgrades can easily net you 1000-2000 scrap per storm. Just destroy the crates (ramming/shotgun works best, but harpoon them first so they dont drift away) quickly so more spawn. Once spawned they stay there even after the storm ends.

Its a testament to how much I loved the core gameplay that I basically started over from scratch and still loved it even with all the open world collectathon crap. Fuck minefields.

Rhaknar

huh, Cryptark which looks great (someone was raving about it some months ago but I cantremember who) is made by the Apotheon guys, didnt know they were working on something new

Ludens

Banned
https://prelaunch.me/ios/NDU5

So, by registering to this site, you will get "Golden Orbs" for Final Fantasy XV when the app will launch. The more users will pre-register, the highest number of orbs will be given away.

But...50 Golden Orbs seems a very low number....so I'm asking myself, will FFXV contain microtransactions too? Because this seems way too similar to MB coins for MGSV or any virtual currency in other games.
We know from the Episode Duscae demo the currency in FFXV is gil/guil or whatever is called in your country, so this should be something else.

So much new media for Uncharted 4 makes me wonder about people that gobble it all up even though they decided they will buy the game a long time ago.
Why ruin the game for yourself? There's no way you'll get the same enjoyment out of it after seeing so much before playing it versus experiencing it yourself first hand.
I can understand the desire to see the first trailers/pics of course, I'm all over them as well when it's a game I'm looking forward to, but these media blowouts just spoil too much.

I remember doing that for Demon's Souls because the EU release only happened a few months after the US and I ended up seeing about a third of the bosses before playing the game, entering those boss rooms blind would've been so much better, seeing those things for the first time when it's acutally me standing there is so much better.

For RotTR I watched the first few minutes, then when playing the game I just wanted that part to be over because I had already seen it, so instead of enjoying that part of the game I just wanted to get through it to get to parts I hadn't seen yet.

So yeah, media blackout FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom