• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
Goddamnit, I got SO close to beating Crypt of the Necrodancer this time around. Got the final boss to one heart only, but then my partner got confused and died to some dumb mob. I'm kind of really mad right now, this fucking game gonna drive me crazy

7GMT4pc.png
If this isn't hell, I don't know what else is.

http://www.everyeye.it/notizie/dark...vedere-le-natiche-del-personaggio-257792.html

A glitch in DS3 grants you to see your character's....well, ass.
Praise the bun.
Does any game in the Humble Store ever get you a DRM copy along with the Steam key?
In fact, very much so. Underneath the game picture, look out for a DRM symbol. Those can be downloaded through https://www.humblebundle.com/home/library
Too bad they patched out the infinite scrap loop bug.

I was 80% done with my 1st playthrough when a power outage corrupted my save (I had foolishly not rotated my saves since I was playing on my brother's computer, relying on the autosave only on the only slot he had left.)

Luckily the internet informed me of the exploit, and after 2-3 hours into a new game I got to it and 20 mins of looting the same crate I had gotten my scrap upto the level it was in my previous 30 hr savefile.

They really should balance the scrap collection better, because regular scrap values are pathetic.

Aside from exploits, the legit way of making bank is to wait for a storm, and then drive INTO it. Make sure you are well armored, as its really gives your car a beating, and then look for motherloot crates. Motherloot crates + scrap collection upgrades can easily net you 1000-2000 scrap per storm. Just destroy the crates (ramming/shotgun works best, but harpoon them first so they dont drift away) quickly so more spawn. Once spawned they stay there even after the storm ends.

Its a testament to how much I loved the core gameplay that I basically started over from scratch and still loved it even with all the open world collectathon crap. Fuck minefields.
Oof, so much progress gone. I'd have to judge very hard to replay in such a case. Thankfully happened very rarely *knocks on wood

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought a Steam Controller. Couldn't resist that Dark Souls 3 bundle. Really looking forward to trying it out. Exciting stuff. :)
It's a intriguing piece of hardware, that's for sure.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maxwood, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-00B4CB6004545A1C - Taken by Regginator

Just eight more day's untill DSIII arrives. Being patient is difficult.

Oof, so much progress gone. I'd have to judge very hard to replay in such a case. Thankfully happened very rarely *knocks on wood

Its was actually much quicker the second time through, since I had already done my share of aimless exploring/chilling, and knew exactly what to do(outposts) and what NOT to do(scavenging locations, what pitiful scrap they give).

I got back up to my 30+ hr progress in like 4 hours. I'd be day 1 for a sequel if they just improved all the boring sidequests, and added more of the best one. (I really want randomized & regenerating convoys to take down, they are the best part of the game)

Regginator

when redeeming the humble bundle link, it automatically placed rome and medieval 2 in a newly made "trash" category. ehh, that doesn't bode well.

trashq3sou.png

i swear i didn't do anything, lol

Jadax

There's not much this year for PC I see knocking it off. Unless Deus Ex is fucking amazing.
If No Man's Sky turns out to be that amazing adventure/exploration with endless possibilities game (that I've built it up to be in my mind), then DS3 will have nothing on it.

DS3 will be amazing, but it's something I've sort of done before. No Man's Sky could be something entirely new to me.

Arthea

If No Man's Sky turns out to be that amazing adventure/exploration with endless possibilities game (that I've built it up to be in my mind), then DS3 will have nothing on it.

DS3 will be amazing, but it's something I've sort of done before. No Man's Sky could be something entirely new to me.

well, considering the price of this game, I'm not sure that many will even know how good or bad it is this year.

Jawmuncher

of course it will

I hate to remind it yet again, but Stardew Valley is this year's GOTY already and it is a very tall order to beat it, close to impossible actually

Considering most this thread hasn't played it, for steamGAF GOTY it might be lucky to get into the top 10.
Even undertale last year didn't get very high and that was a lot of people's personal GOTY.

Forgot about no mans sky. That one has a chance at being high up on the steamgaf list as well.

Phinor

There's not much this year for PC I see knocking it off. Unless Deus Ex is fucking amazing.

Deus Ex needs to be more mainstream to challenge for GOTY and I suppose that's exactly the plan with them putting their efforts into improving the shooter gameplay.

GOTY awards are stupid like that. You need to achieve certain mainstream appeal or you will never win even if everyone who plays the game considers it the best of the year. Witcher managed that last year after two games that didn't penetrate the mainstream well enough so it's possible without the game losing too much identity. I hope Deus Ex does exactly the same this year.

Forgot about no mans sky. That one has a chance at being high up on the steamgaf list as well.

My guess is No Man's Sky won't do well in the long run. It's impressive game for the first 5-10 hours but that won't last. The amount of hand made content to keep the game interesting would be way too much for anything less than Ubisoft developer sized team.

I never encountered a "bad" Souls game, so yeah, I have no logical reason to expect it won't be a strong GOTY candidate.

Impressions in the import OT seem to indicate it's the best Souls game yet so yeah, that can only be a fucking amazing game and a goty contender in any year.

Arthea

Considering most this thread hasn't played it, for steamGAF GOTY it might be lucky to get into the top 10.
Even undertale last year didn't get very high and that was a lot of people's personal GOTY.

Undertale is not GOTY material imo, SdV is, but we'll see.

It has? On my fl only 6 people picked it so far and it is sold only on steam, meaning, no discount of any sort, and it's 60€, a price no digital game has any right to be, but we'll see.

If anything, I don't see it beating DS3 or Deus Ex even if it's good, unless those two are bad, which is very unlikely but can happen.

OTOH it's way too early to talk GOTY, when I think about it.

Dang will be steamgaf goty, anyway

edited: dang Loathsome, couldn't you wait a little with that post! way to ruin my spoiler

kurahador

Sometime I feel like missing out because I don't like popular games/genres like COD, Assassin's Creed, Souls, CSGO, Space simulations and sports game.
Sometimes.....and this is one of those times.

Tizoc

Sometime I feel like missing out because I don't like popular games/genres like COD, Assassin's Creed, Souls, CSGO, Space simulations and sports game.

You should be like me and just get $20 and sub $20 games and stand out among your peers :V

This is the perfect moment to recommend the Way of the Samurai games!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Particula -- MB-985BAF15B8453003
I gave my soul so you wouldn't have to

GaussTek

Not so mad about Final Fantasy IX not releasing yet, at least that's giving me time to finish other stuff, like Tales of Symphonia, which is really great, it looks good enough and runs fine for me, I really don't understand the complaints.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

There have been a few good games to come out this year already - Dragon's Dogma, Stardew Valley, XCOM 2, The Witness. We're also getting Final Fantasy 9, Shadow Complex, No Man's Sky, Doom, Mafia III, Shadow Warrior 2, Shiness, and probably tons of other great stuff.

But yes, Dark Souls III will probably do pretty well in the voting.

Naarmight

I forgot Legend of Gungeon was out soon, is there any early impressions? Really hopeful on this one. Mainly as trying to play BoI with the Lost and Keeper to get my last couple of achievements is not something I can class as fun.

As for GotY, I am hoping that SFV can sort itself out enough to get my vote, I mean it has another 6 updates pencilled in this year so it could get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom