• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite get the appeal of hero skins in Overwatch. Yes they're cool but you barely see them in action as the game is first person. Hero skins in regular MOBA and weapon skins in CSGO make sense because you get to see them the whole time.

Corpekata

Banned
That game went EA way too soon. EA should be for games that are enjoyable in their current state, but need time for more content and polish.

That pretty much was what Starbound did. It wasn't like some broken alpha game or something. It's main issue was content and the speed of delivery, it was already a fairly solid game when it debuted on EA.

Jawmuncher

I don't quite get the appeal of hero skins in Overwatch. Yes they're cool but you barely see them in action as the game is first person. Hero skins in regular MOBA and weapon skins in CSGO make sense because you get to see them the whole time.

Customization in FPS games is common. You feel better playing when you think you look cool.

You know the difference is there, like patterned underwear.

Could it be a portent from the future?
0071326010ED5C797AAF7ABE0E86C670641D03BD
First sighted in 2027.

tmarg

That pretty much was what Starbound did. It wasn't like some broken alpha game or something. It's main issue was content and the speed of delivery, it was already a fairly solid game when it debuted on EA.

I remember not really being satisfied with the way it played. It had a lot of complex animations and some weird hit boxes that made combat feel really off. For all the flak terraria took for it's simple art, it just worked and felt really good to play.

Hm, hm, I'm loving the world of Mad Max. Desert, hot, sand. Motion Blur looks great in screens but I barely notice it during gameplay.
Upgrades need tons of scrap. Gonna be tedious to level up. Even Level 2 upgrades cost 300 scraps, dang. Max's voice doesn't sound as Aussie as I thought it would.
Car combat is fun. I disabled HUD in Video Mode but it's not really usable to gameplay. Shame they didn't add an option for HUD elements to fade in/out.

jediyoshi

I never wear crazy shit for me to see in multiplayer games, it's always in service of other people seeing how much time or money I've wasted into something.

Teggy

thatfuturamarobosexualsgif.gif

I made some bad role playing choices in Fallout 4 and now the story feels weird. I hate when that happens, although really they could have done a better job not forcing you into certain situations where it seems like you have to make a decision.

Deus EX: HR's ending is pretty bad. Like, remember Mass Effect 3's ending? It's 33% better... with a Deus Exian twist.

Yeah, I mean, it didn't have the baggage of a trilogy to make it a real travesty, but it's the height of laziness.

Soulflarz

Banned
whats a 8hr or less game I havent played that's worth playing?

Asking because I have a ton of schoolwork and can't commit to anything long before DS3, but can totally get 8hr of gaming in by then

kagamin

Asking because I have a ton of schoolwork and can't commit to anything long before DS3, but can totally get 8hr of gaming in by then

QP Shooting Dangerous. I'm gonna keep bothering you until you play it anyways.

GOG Galaxy uses all the bandwidth while downloading a game, wowser. My connection is in the toilet right now, downloading Baldur's Gate: EE...

Intrusion 2. It's a spectacular four hour action game. One of those Humble Bundle gems.

Because of it I am hotly anticipating the dev's next game. (I can't find a link to it, but rest assured it's in development.)
Nah...it's worse than Mass Effect 3 IMO. At least ME3 has that extended cut+DLC.

I forgot the extended DLC existed. I've been waiting to replay ME3, when the Citadel DLC finally reaches a reasonable price.

zkylon

zkylewd
Overwatch is all about Pharah. Bird-based powersuits will never go out of style.
not my favorite but she's ok

Still don't understand how Soldier 76 is the hero they decided to go with for the collector edition statute. The must generic guy they got.
yeah, specially with tracer being such a fan favorite and having such a fun design

Overwatch's art is fair but it's got nothing on TF2 which boasts the best character designs in a multiplayer game

Would legit watch a full-length movie featuring those guys

Also Soldier 76 sucks
i never understand why people feel the need to compare the two games' art styles. like, they're so different, you can't really compare which one is "better" because they're going for totally different looks

both games look great imo

They probably want to have a generic soldier dude to appeal to people who like generic soldier dude shooters, there are still plenty of people buying them.

Plus, you probably know more about moba style skill sets than I do, but I often kinda default to more generic characters in class based stuff, at least at first, since I intuitively know what they do, which makes learning the rest of the game a bit easier.
i guess, and i also think not every character has to appeal to everyone, but i feel like i can't imagine the person that goes "yeah, soldier 76 looks COOL". like, you can make a more straight soldier guy, he's male, he's white, he's got an assault rifle, but he's got one or two hooks that give him personality.

he just looks like generic cyberpunk call of duty fodder or something

Starbound is (finally) leaving early access soon

"Soon"
after playing a bunch of terraria with friends, i kinda want to get into starbound

specially since we're playing minecraft nowadays and i'm not too into it

there's mods for league that unlock the skins for only you to see (as in, to other players you look as if you're wearing your default) and i never felt compelled to use it

part of the appeal of skins is that other people see it

Tizoc

not my favorite but she's ok

yeah, specially with tracer being such a fan favorite and having such a fun design

i never understand why people feel the need to compare the two games' art styles. like, they're so different, you can't really compare which one is "better" because they're going for totally different looks

both games look great imo

i guess, and i also think not every character has to appeal to everyone, but i feel like i can't imagine the person that goes "yeah, soldier 76 looks COOL". like, you can make a more straight soldier guy, he's male, he's white, he's got an assault rifle, but he's got one or two hooks that give him personality.

after playing a bunch of terraria with friends, i kinda want to get into starbound

specially since we're playing minecraft nowadays and i'm not too into it

there's mods for league that unlock the skins for only you to see (as in, to other players you look as if you're wearing your default) and i never felt compelled to use it

part of the appeal of skins is that other people see it
....but thatd be like i bought the skin for everyone else but me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Transistor is only 5 hours? I should really finish that, and give Bastion another chance while im at it

Tellaerin

I imagine the audience for 76 is the same audience that pitched a fit when they were forced to play as some "weird alien" for parts of Halo 2 instead of their beloved Space BMX Guy.

Is it just me or does the position of her head looks wrong?

Not just you. I look at that picture and feel an almost irresistible compulsion to fix it in Photoshop. >_<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have transistor on ps4
which I left at home :<

why am I the definition of indecisive

7 hours? Hmm I need more short games before Dark Souls. Or Enter The Gungeon will consume me maybe, but I doubt it, the only rogue-like I played non stop was Legacy :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom