• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
R10SDzr.gif

but I dont want to kill this cute bullet guy ;_;

Balthuk

huh, Cryptark which looks great (someone was raving about it some months ago but I cantremember who) is made by the Apotheon guys, didnt know they were working on something new

I didn't know it was by the same devs, looks great and I enjoyed Apotheon.

Fun fact about Apotheon, at first the game was planned to be sci-fi themed before going down the greek vase look. So maybe they used some sci-fi concepts/environments for Cryptark.

R10SDzr.gif

I nominate this cute lil bullet for bulletoftheyear 2016

data

Knife in my heart :<

Ever since I've played Stardew Valley, Steam keeps recommending me a ton of farming/HM-inspired games

Ludens

Banned
I really don't understand why SE says nothing about FFIX release date.
First they hinted the game would be released on February with no date, now we are in April. Absolutely no communications at all, this is just crappy, expecially considering the port is done.

Pachimari

Now I'm really getting into Dark Souls 1.

It looks pretty too. It has some scary ass enemies. The sound design is a joy. And the soundtrack atmospheric.

Maybe I actually have a shot at completing it this time... nah who am I kidding.

First they hinted the game would be released on February with no date, now we are in April. Absolutely no communications at all, this is just crappy, expecially considering the port is done.
It'll release on April 30. Still "Early 2016". \ (&#8226;&#9697;&#8226;) /

Arthea

maybe they forgot about it?

They did not much explaining with Lightning Returns either, it's just how they roll.
Maybe they are testing-fixing the port, hopefully

Ludens

Banned
Now I'm really getting into Dark Souls 1.

It looks pretty too. It has some scary ass enemies. The sound design is a joy. And the soundtrack atmospheric.

Maybe I actually have a shot at completing it this time... nah who am I kidding.

It'll release on April 30. Still "Early 2016". \ (&#8226;&#9697;&#8226;) /

Eh, in fact if you look on Steam you can notice the "release date" is actually programmed for the last day of April. But since this happened several times (a fixed date, we reach it, nothing happens) I have zero expectations right now.

maybe they forgot about it?

They did not much explaining with Lightning Returns either, it's just how they roll.
Maybe they are testing-fixing the port, hopefully

Yeah, I know, and they remembered about LR only several months later, making a statement about.

They probably realized that nobody wants FFIX anymore and moved on with other mobile ports

Nah, FFIX is actually one of the best FF game. No way people would like LR more than FFIX imho.

Deques

They probably realized that nobody wants FFIX anymore and moved on with other mobile ports

Pachimari

Eh, in fact if you look on Steam you can notice the "release date" is actually programmed for the last day of April. But since this happened several times (a fixed date, we reach it, nothing happens) I have zero expectations right now.

I were kidding though.

Do anyone know why some things in my DSfix.ini works in Dark Souls, but other stuff like hiding the HUD doesn't work?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So much new media for Uncharted 4 makes me wonder about people that gobble it all up even though they decided they will buy the game a long time ago.
Why ruin the game for yourself? There's no way you'll get the same enjoyment out of it after seeing so much before playing it versus experiencing it yourself first hand.
I can understand the desire to see the first trailers/pics of course, I'm all over them as well when it's a game I'm looking forward to, but these media blowouts just spoil too much.

I remember doing that for Demon's Souls because the EU release only happened a few months after the US and I ended up seeing about a third of the bosses before playing the game, entering those boss rooms blind would've been so much better, seeing those things for the first time when it's acutally me standing there is so much better.

For RotTR I watched the first few minutes, then when playing the game I just wanted that part to be over because I had already seen it, so instead of enjoying that part of the game I just wanted to get through it to get to parts I hadn't seen yet.

So yeah, media blackout FTW.

Yeah, I went into Drake's Fortune more or less blind way back when and was very pleasantly surprised. All I've seen of Unch4rted is the very first gameplay demo and last year's E3 demo (the latter of which, in hindsight, I wish I'd ignored).

It'll probably be the first game I finish on the PS4... which I've had for about a year now.

ViviOggi

So much new media for Uncharted 4 makes me wonder about people that gobble it all up even though they decided they will buy the game a long time ago.
Why ruin the game for yourself? There's no way you'll get the same enjoyment out of it after seeing so much before playing it versus experiencing it yourself first hand.
I can understand the desire to see the first trailers/pics of course, I'm all over them as well when it's a game I'm looking forward to, but these media blowouts just spoil too much.

I remember doing that for Demon's Souls because the EU release only happened a few months after the US and I ended up seeing about a third of the bosses before playing the game, entering those boss rooms blind would've been so much better, seeing those things for the first time when it's acutally me standing there is so much better.

For RotTR I watched the first few minutes, then when playing the game I just wanted that part to be over because I had already seen it, so instead of enjoying that part of the game I just wanted to get through it to get to parts I hadn't seen yet.

So yeah, media blackout FTW.
Worship the Naughty Gods on earth so Sony may grant you many graphics in heaven

Pachimari

That 18 minute gameplay video sold me on Uncharted 4. I didn't expect to be able to leave the jeep in the middle of the savannah and being able to explore.

Yeah, I went into Drake's Fortune more or less blind way back when and was very pleasantly surprised. All I've seen of Unch4rted is the very first gameplay demo and last year's E3 demo (the latter of which, in hindsight, I wish I'd ignored).

It'll probably be the first game I finish on the PS4... which I've had for about a year now.

Same for me.
I'd really like to watch that making of series they've been releasing since it seems to have a lot of cool behind the scenes footage but it'll have to wait since it's mixed with a ton of footage of the game as well.

Worship the Naughty Gods on earth so Sony may grant you many graphics in heaven

How is this relevant to what I'm talking about?

Damn, sorry about the dp.

Edit: "18 minutes of Uncharted 4 gameplay" just popped up on gaming side lol.

Arthea

so many VR games among upcoming titles, so many horrible ones that is.
Is there any good actually? Not that I'm interested in VR, just curious, why would one buy a VR if there are no good games for it.

so many VR games among upcoming titles, so many horrible ones that is.
Is there any good actually? Not that I'm interested in VR, just curious, why would one buy a VR if there are no good games for it.

At first the novelty of the experience will sell it (hell, I'd love to try it myself) but yeah, eventually there will have to be good games (kinda like the kinect for example).

Corpekata

Banned
At this point announcing FFIX for Steam when they did makes little sense. Why announce it with the mobile ports if it was so far off? We could have made the educated guess it was coming like most of their other recent mobile ports, and this way they wouldn't have had to deal with people being annoyed by the way they are handling it.

mp1990

Banned
I'm pretty stoked to give FF9 another shot once it arrives on Steam. It was the first JRPG I played on my own (before that, I'd only watch other people playing them), and although my english comprehension at the time wasn't enough for me to follow the story, I had a blast with it. The combat system, music, characters, it was one hell of a experience, and I still have lots of nostalgia for it. Didn't managed to beat it though, got to disc 4 but then my PS3 died, and also never got invested in any other entry on the franchise after it. Hopefully it still holds up, and I'll manage to enjoy it as much.

Ludens

Banned
At this point announcing FFIX for Steam when they did makes little sense. Why announce it with the mobile ports if it was so far off? We could have made the educated guess it was coming like most of their other recent mobile ports, and this way they wouldn't have had to deal with people being annoyed by the way they are handling it.

After that they also stated in a stream (while streaming the iOS version) PC users would get the port in the following month (February).
But nothing after that, I think the only reason the game is not on Steam yet is the iOS version still didn't sell "required" copies for SE standards, so they didn't enable the "double dip" purchase button for us.

I'm pretty stoked to give FF9 another shot once it arrivs on Steam. It was the first JRPG I played on my own (before it, I'd only watch other people playing them), and although my english comprehension at the time wasn't enough for me to follow the story, I had a blast with it. The combat system, music, characters, it was one hell of a experience, and I still have lots of nostalgia for it. Never managed to beat it though, got to disc 4 but then my PS3 died, and also never got invested in any other entry on the franchise after it. Hopefully it still holds up, and I'll manage to enjoy it as much.

FFIX is really great. It's very different from FFVII and VIII, the plot in my opinion is not so good (standard stuff for jrpgs, honestly), but the world is fantastic, there are a lot of references to old FF games and some characters are fantastic (Steiner and Quina).

Arthea

edited: I'm more surprised they refrained from announcing FF15 for PC. We all know it will come eventually, but most likely years later, SE being SE.

FFIX is actually my favorite in the franchise.
I did a 100% run on the Vita last year though, before this port was announced, so I might not jump on the steam version right away.
I just love the world they created for this one and the colorful, charismatic cast. God, that FFXV boys band really depresses me.

Ludens

Banned
I did a 100% run on the Vita last year though, before this port was announced, so I might not jump on the steam version right away.
I just love the world they created for this one and the colorful, charismatic cast. God, that FFXV boys band really depresses me.

That was the time when Squaresoft still was focused on creating good games without aiming for product placement and to praise all the audience at the same time.

Arthea

I must say I don't really get FF9 worship. Don't get me wrong it is a good game, but not that good, basically all FF immediately around it are so much better.
But then again, that's pointless talk, games being as different as they are, of course they appeal to different groups of people, every one of those.

As for FFXV all boys band, that is kinda depressing, but if a game is good and characters are interesting, it's not a deal breaker.

Ludens

Banned
I must say I don't really get FF9 worship. Don't get me wrong it is a good game, but not that good, basically all FF immediately around it are so much better.
But then again, that's pointless talk, games being as different as they are, of course they appeal to different groups of people, every one of those.

As for FFXV all boys band, that is kinda depressing, but if a game is good and characters are interesting, it's not a deal breaker.

SE created the game when Backstreet Boys were still a thing. A decade passed, and now they are not a thing anymore, but they didn't bother to updated the game. If they did, we would see a party of three tenors going around with a Ferrari.

mp1990

Banned
FFIX is really great. It's very different from FFVII and VIII, the plot in my opinion is not so good (standard stuff for jrpgs, honestly), but the world is fantastic, there are a lot of references to old FF games and some characters are fantastic (Steiner and Quina).
I sure hope so. Tried both FF7 and 10 after it, but neither were my cup of tea, so I hope this one will stand out once more. Nowadays I'm more of a SMT guy, but I'm always open to some more lighthearted stuff.

Erekiddo

I haven't checked out Idle Master since you had to edit your info manually. Pleasantly surprised it's streamlined now.

988 card drops remaining? Free Dark Souls III, here I come!

Super Arcade Football has a new trailer for the early access launch. I think it captures the game pretty well. I've been testing it in single player and when you get a goal. Damn it feels good.

It's a two button arcadey game but has a lot of the stats and info graphics of modern games. Online multiplayer is on the way.

You can play dirty and as someone who only watches international football it's great. I haven't played a football game since International Super Star Soccer on the SNES and it's rubbing me the same way. Feels like they have a good foundation.

Milamber

Super Arcade Football has a new trailer for the early access launch. I think it captures the game pretty well. I've been testing it in single player and when you get a goal. Damn it feels good.

It's a two button arcadey game but has a lot of the stats and info graphics of modern games. Online multiplayer is on the way.

You can play dirty and as someone who only watches international football it's great. I haven't played a football game since International Super Star Soccer on the SNES and it's rubbing me the same way. Feels like they have a good foundation.

Oh man, this rubs all my Sensible Soccer buttons.

Too soon.

Not soon enough.

Oh man, this rubs all my Sensible Soccer buttons.
You probably already know but if not Jon Hare does have a game on the way called Sociable Soccer but as the Kickstarter failed to launch he's taken private investment. Got to meet Jon last year at a talk and his attention to detail when he's checking out a demo is really sharp. I expect Sociable will be really comprehensive, even if I'm not super into the art as it stands.

Worship the Square Gods on earth so Enix may grant you many fantasies in heaven

R10SDzr.gif

Have you seen the plush doll version?

It comes with a game code on the tag!

I have to force myself to hold off on this game. Devolver can do no wrong, right now, but backlog and too much on my plate, etc.

fenners

huh, Cryptark which looks great (someone was raving about it some months ago but I cantremember who) is made by the Apotheon guys, didnt know they were working on something new

I picked up Cryptark over Christmas. It's very polished for an early access game, reminds me of Prison architect that way. Basic game loop is 'twin stick mech, explore a big giant 2D space hulk, shooting at its defences, kill its central systems, loot as much tech/money as you can, repair, buy upgrades, repeat on the next one'. Gets difficult (for me) quickly, each session is really only five or six hulks long, but there's some interesting tech & the load out system works well with you capable of loading up four weapons at a time.

Definitely needs a joypad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom