• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a dishonest way to help a potentially struggling dev at the expense of other gamers, though, especially those who rely on Steam's ratings. Even as a joke, it's kinda shitty.

Yeah, it's kinda pathetic and I hope there's something that can be done to remedy this.

Speaking of remedy..

I have no pyramid in my inventory, is this a bug?
Also lol for Quantum Break, PC version is 70€. That parity.

Why stop there?
It seems that there's also parity on IQ.
The IQ on PC seems pretty bad.
Quantum-Break-PC_2.png

Quantum-Break-PC_1.png

Does not look like native 1080p to me, same reconstruction technique used on Xbox One ?
W4gY7eK.jpg

Maxed out at 1440p.. as others have said IQ is not greatest but could be worse.

Lain

The Collective has some new games up for their feedback phase.

Moonlighter and Potions: A Curious Tale are the ones that caught my interest the most, though Potions really needs to work on those animation

Moonlighter
Moonlighter is a rogue-lite game about Will, a shopkeeper that dreams of becoming a hero.

To make a living, he needs to venture into the dungeons near his town, defeat strange enemies and loot items he can sell at his shop. Managing the gold from those sales wisely is the only way he’ll get strong enough to open the last dungeon.

Moonlighter has infinite randomly generated dungeons, many cool and expensive items, lots of weapons, five tough bosses, tones of gold and dozens of weird enemies. You start with some cheap equipment. And a shop.

The game will be available on Steam (PC, MAC & Linux) first and then, hopefully, we're plannig to offer it on the digital stores of PlayStation 4 and XBOX ONE.
https://youtu.be/w3MmavVxFCY

Potions: A Curious Tale
Potions: A Curious Tale is an adventure-crafting game where your wits and ingenuity are your greatest weapons and combat is not always the answer. Play as Luna, a young witch who overcomes obstacles with the potions she brews.

The full release will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux via Steam

Encounter fairy tale characters and stories from around the world in new settings and situations as you guide Luna on her quest to become a potions master.
https://youtu.be/_izi13C0sBw

Zeknurn

The SteamVR page is up and it's pretty slick.

http://store.steampowered.com/steamvr

Full announcement
We are excited to announce the Vive by HTC is launching today along with over 50 titles on Steam including Valve's The Lab.

We have an overview of VR on Steam available here www.steamvr.com going into more detail.

The videos featured on the page use mixed reality to help show what the games are like in VR. A big thanks to Colin Northway from Northway Games northwaygames.com who popularized this method of demonstrating VR. We now support this method in our Unity plugin www.assetstore.unity3d.com and you can find more info in this post. It is a great way to show your game and how players interact with your worlds.

We also want to give a shout out to Alex Schwartz from Owlchemy Labs owlchemylabs.com who has been a giant resource to developers everywhere this past year.

And thanks to all the developers working on Virtual Reality to help make this day happen. We look forward to sharing all of your work with the world.

Why can't Microsoft just make Steam users pay a higher price like how Ubisoft does

I seriously have a nice pile of money that Remedy can take

Ludens

Banned
Why can't Microsoft just make Steam users pay a higher price like how Ubisoft does

I seriously have a nice pile of money that Remedy can take

Higher than 70€? What the hell, with the 30% cut the game should be 91€ :D

The game will be released on Steam in some years, when the exclusivity deal with Microsoft will end. Remedy likes money, with Alan Wake they recovered the cost of the port in two days, so...

zkylon

zkylewd
man steam thread is addicted to unflattering contextless screens of games that look otherwise fantastic

lmao that's awesome

with the anime mod he looks so dreamy

So you're saying the girls love your sea man?

gross

the texture pop-ins piss me off in Rage, reduced it quite a bit with some tweaks, but they're still there in the corner of the screen whenever I move the camera just to bug me.

I remember they weren't there the first time I played it, or maybe I was more tolerant before. Damn thing.

shut up Warren.
it was totally there, you just have to tweak some stuff to reduce it (i think u can get rid of the pop in entirely with a good computer, wasn't the case for me)

rage is awesome tho, i loved that game

not sure if serious, even with no kidding up there

Not sure about which part?
I thought that the video was pretty awesome, to the extend that it did make me consider ordering a Vive. But as it turns out I'm not (yet) willing to spend pay the current asking price including taxes and shipping. I'll take another look once my current housing / employment situation has cleared up.

Justin Roiland is in The Lab

The Lab is already better than HL3.

Well I don't Half Life 2 all that great anyway. As I said before, it was an amazing technical achievement at the time. Gameplay is alright but, people acting like it was the greatest story ever told get me. Sure people want the story finished but, stop lol. That's me anyway.

Anyway, enough about my rant about HL2. Vive looks neat, ain't got the money for that.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I'm watching the Giantbomb Vive stream and this stuff is already much more interesting than the Rift Stream last week... the controllers and room tracking make such a big difference

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enter The Gungeon:

- Huge levels that are actually dungeons as opposed to the short arenas that were in Nuclear Throne for example. Locked chests that need keys, altars that I dont know what they do, found a chest that ate 2 special guns and spat out a new gun, store in each level with health or items to buy

- super tight controls, art is among the best 2d pixel art ive seen. Super charming enemy designs. Level design seems great so far Oh and rebindable controls, thank god

- Tons of bosses from the menu screen. Ive seen 4, beat 3. Meta layer with currency you get from beating bosses unlocks new items to populate the dungeons like Crypt of the Necrodancer

- Also like Crypt, you unlock new rooms in the hub from people you save in the gungeon. Ive saved a lady that unlocked the meta layer stuff

- Great soundtrack

- Its quite hard but that was expected from the genre.

edit: currency is sucked to your character when you clear a room so you dont have to go around picking it up, so smart!

- also there are tons of teleports in various rooms so you can easily teleport back to a room you were in, to go to another side path, or do go back and open a locked chest or something. again, so smart

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit theres breakable walls too. And so many guns. GOTY contender right there

Ludens

Banned
Is I am alive any good? I tried the demo years ago, but I can't remember. It's free with Plus, I hope it's a short game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom