• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchior

Hey does anyone know if we have a thread for Dark Souls 1 stuff? I only see the dark souls 2 thread in community. Might as well ask since I'm here but I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade me Ciaran's armor have pretty much anything to give.

Unai

Hey does anyone know if we have a thread for Dark Souls 1 stuff? I only see the dark souls 2 thread in community. Might as well ask since I'm here but I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade me Ciaran's armor have pretty much anything to give.

Here's the thread.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

...you can trade items with other players in Dark Souls games? o_O

my life is a lie

Jadax

I can't wait for DS3 to drop a bit in price, loved DS1 - every torturous second of it. Didn't enjoy DS2 much, but by the looks of it DS3 is more of DS1 but better.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you even trade? arent summons random? do you drop the items on the floor? Im so confused

Melchior

how do you even trade? arent summons random? do you drop the items on the floor? Im so confused

You can set up a place to meet to drop someone's summon sign. Also summon signs are based on your Soul Level so if you and a friend are the same SL you can hide your summon sign and have them summon. And it's not really "trading" you just drop the item on the ground and someone else can pick it up.

Sch1sm

Oh, there are such services on Fiverr?
I should browse Fiverr more, I guess. Or maybe I should open my own service. :p

Sounds like a dishonest way to help a potentially struggling dev at the expense of other gamers, though, especially those who rely on Steam's ratings. Even as a joke, it's kinda shitty.

Anteater

the texture pop-ins piss me off in Rage, reduced it quite a bit with some tweaks, but they're still there in the corner of the screen whenever I move the camera just to bug me.

I remember they weren't there the first time I played it, or maybe I was more tolerant before. Damn thing.

shut up Warren.

rage_2016_04_05_21_06wcoyx.jpg

Jawmuncher

the texture pop-ins piss me off in Rage, reduced it quite a bit with some tweaks, but they're still there in the corner of the screen whenever I move the camera just to bug me.

I remember they weren't there the first time I played it, or maybe I was more tolerant before. Damn thing.

shut up Warren.

I'm pretty lenient on graphical BS so long as it's not screen tearing or really bad FPS.

derExperte

No cheap QB anywhere, even getting a preorder key for $25 seems to be impossible now. Guess it's 'only' Enter the Gungeon and Zombi (PS+) for me today.

Anteater

I'm pretty lenient on graphical BS so long as it's not screen tearing or really bad FPS.

I actually don't care about screen tearing for some reason, lol.

I'd prefer them not to be there but I always turn off vsync, just feels better to me, I think I just got so used to it

Ludens

Banned
Coop in Divinity Original Sin is a mess: is basically impossible follow dialogues. Also my partner used the red pyramid and it didn't work for me, luckily I was near the location (first pyramid you get), but if something like this happens when you travel to far away location, your game is done.

shut up Warren.
In default settings texture pop-in will always be an issue no matter the setting. But you can get rid of it almost completely by following this guide. It worked for me.

Also recommend checking out the PCGW page http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE
Has good info on how to disable splash screens etc.
Are they dinosaurs or lizards?
Dinozards.

Jawmuncher

No cheap QB anywhere, even getting a preorder key for $25 seems to be impossible now. Guess it's 'only' Enter the Gungeon and Zombi (PS+) for me today.
Preorder Keys for crossbuy drop tomorrow, so unless you need it right now check back again later.

What the hell

I actually don't care about screen tearing for some reason, lol.

I'd prefer them not to be there but I always turn off vsync, just feels better to me, I think I just got so used to it
Gross. Screen tearing is my worst enemy. I can "deal" with it, but some games have it so bad it really takes me out of it. I always have vsync on if it's an option.

shut up Warren.

It was really bad during my playthrough years ago. Game was quite fun, though.

Are they dinosaurs or lizards?

Reptilians.

al2.jpg

Rhaknar

Enter The Gungeon already seems excellent just from the tutorial. Super tight controls, amazing art, and the levels are actually dungeons, not just single room short levels it seems (my biggest gripe with nuclear throne)

yeah this ones gonna be good I think

Coop in Divinity Original Sin is a mess: is basically impossible follow dialogues. Also my partner used the red pyramid and it didn't work for me, luckily I was near the location (first pyramid you get), but if something like this happens when you travel to far away location, your game is done.

You should each have one of the pyramids, so you can quick travel to each other.

You're right about the story though, if your partner isn't interested good luck following it.

Anteater

In default settings texture pop-in will always be an issue no matter the setting. But you can get rid of it almost completely by following this guide. It worked for me.

Also recommend checking out the PCGW page http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE
Has good info on how to disable splash screens etc.

hmm not sure which line did it but that config seems to work much better than what I had before, idtech engine is weird

thanks veggie!

Ludens

Banned
You should each have one of the pyramids, so can quick travel to each other.

You're right about the story though, if your partner isn't interested good luck following it.
I have no pyramid in my inventory, is this a bug?
Also lol for Quantum Break, PC version is 70€. That parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom