• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best "first isometric rpg"
-pillars
-divinity (leaning towards this for the controller support
-baldurs gate 1 enhanced edition
-replay planescape

mp1990

Banned
I'm probably grabbing this month's Humble Bundle solely for Homeworld Collection, the other titles didn't really seize my attention. Is Tropico 5 any good? Seems like a poor man's Civilization.

zkylon

zkylewd
-pillars
-replay planescape

pillars and divinity are the most friendly of those

fallout is pretty accessible too compared to most old rpgs

I can also vouch for ETG, it's amazing.

-pillars
-replay planescape

By first I assume you don't want to start with the sequel? Because it's doable to play BG2 first, although it isn't recommended (I did it).
Otherwise Arcanum.

I haven't played pillars and divinity yet.

Those of you grabbing the bundle should give Ultimate General : Gettysburg a shot even if you don't normally like wargames.

The control scheme is *extremely* intuitive, the scale of the fight is very manageable, each day builds on the events of prior days and lets you choose from a set of objectives based on what's already happened to that point, and there's a 9-cell "grid" of different AI profiles to play against (such as defensive-but-opportunistic, risk-taking-but-prone-to-overextension, counterpuncher, etc).

It's really, really fantastic. Plus, no resources to worry about farming like in a RTS; it's pure combat management.

chronomac

Enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-D8AD3ABEAF051710 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 2 entrants total.

t1459884243z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
10? what the fuck? Which games were they?
Besides Enter the Gungeon, looks like Resident Evil 5, Costume Quest, Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II, Quantum Conundrum, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, Strider, Skulls of the Shogun, Spellsworn, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Abyss Raiders: Uncharted, Swords & Crossbones, Jet Racing Extreme...

That's on the first page of the search results if you search his name + ModBot. All been bundled, but still, I'm sure someone would've liked to actually play Resi 5 at the very least.

He did redeem Enemy Mind and Contagion tho.

Arthea

I'm probably grabbing this month's Humble Bundle solely for Homeworld Collection, the other titles didn't really seize my attention. Is Tropico 5 any good? Seems like a poor man's Civilization.

Tropico is nothing like Civ, it's sorta kinda political-economical sim and a city builder. It can be pretty hilarious, depends on how you play it. It also takes time to get into. I haven't played 5 yet, so that's about previous tropico games.
And more importantly, have you never dreamed to be El presidente dictator or something?

JarrodL

What the hell did Beamdog do with Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear?

SJW nonsense?

Trans jokes?

What the hell happened to the characters?

They brought David Warner back only to provide a character voice set?

It breaks the other games?

The hell is going on?

I haven't played it, but I would be wary of trusting most of the user reviews pouring out at the moment. For whatever reason, GG crowd has been triggered in a major way by this title, and are busy doing their usual thing.

chronomac

If you think people are stealing keys without playing just use BLOCK username and eventually mighty ModBot learns the common names, at least according to the guide:

BLACKLIST
This will apply the COMMUNITY block list to your giveaway. ModBot calculates users that have been frequently blocked by other users, and blocks those users from your giveaway. Want to avoid scammers but don't know who the scammers are? Use this rule.​

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
If you think people are stealing keys without playing just use BLOCK username and eventually mighty ModBot learns the common names, at least according to the guide:

BLACKLIST
This will apply the COMMUNITY block list to your giveaway. ModBot calculates users that have been frequently blocked by other users, and blocks those users from your giveaway. Want to avoid scammers but don't know who the scammers are? Use this rule.​
I thought only permablocked people got onto the blacklist.

Tizoc

i definitely encourage the no lurkers rule, but not the no juniors one. i believe we should be wanting to increase steamgaf and not chase new people away

No offense but we rarely ever have Juniors who constantly post in this thread >_>
I know of a few that have been here over the past month+ and became Members though, but to be on the safe side, use it to avoid non regulars in this thread from winning the game.

Parsnip

Sweet baby jesus being without internet for days is difficult. You don't realize just how much you need it until you don't have it. But since it was a weekend I'm guessing I didn't miss much?

Scamco may have pulled a Squeenix and backed out of offering the full Dark Souls 3 OST with pre-orders. It was removed from the game's public subs yesterday after an as-yet-unknown app was added.

If true, this sucks. I specifically got it from Steam for the soundtrack.

Tropico is nothing like Civ, it's sorta kinda political-economical sim and a city builder. It can be pretty hilarious, depends on how you play it. It also takes time to get into. I haven't played 5 yet, so that's about previous tropico games.
And more importantly, have you never dreamed to be El presidente dictator or something?

It's always fun to turn a small island paradis into a communist dictatorship worst than North Korea. At least, that's how my games of Tropico usually go.

Javadots? I think they were proud about winning tons of games and never playing a single one.

Nah, this was after Javadots, like last year or the year before. The guy got called out and said he didn't know that was a rule. He was apologetic, but I don't remember if he ever actually redeemed everything he won. I think he disappeared after all that, not that he was around much to begin with.

BLACKLIST

If two or more people blacklist him then he should be on the global blocklist? I think that's how it works but I'm not sure.

Sweet baby jesus being without internet for days is difficult. You don't realize just how much you need it until you don't have it. But since it was a weekend I'm guessing I didn't miss much?

If true, this sucks. I specifically got it from Steam for the soundtrack.

the Full OST (at least I think it was the Full OST) leaked a few days ago...everyone's favorite inebriated feline had a link up for it on Twitter

no idea if that played a role in anything but it is odd that they would pull the OST from the app...but it's still listed as you'd get the OST on the store listing though so it's very confusing

Parsnip

Oh, they added eula and changed some icons on FF9? Maybe they are close to actually releasing it.

Also looks like HITMAN got a patch.

Salsa will finally be able to run max settings on his potato.
*Added an option to the game launcher that allows players to override the ‘default memory safeguards’ and allow them to use any available resolution and graphic quality settings.

Hektor

Haven't played Tropico 5 specifically, but the series in general is really fun and nothing like CIV. They're more akin to games like Sim City or Anno. I'd recommend to give the series a try, the setting of beeing a dictator ina tropical island really carrys it far.

GG crowd has been triggered in a major way by this title, and are busy doing their usual thing.

The Game is actively going out of its way to make fun of Gamergate. I can't imagine they didn't expected/wanted this reaction. I imagine it's like that DOA/Play Asia thing, just the other way around.

I mean you can't tell me, they knew enough about GG to make fun of them but not enough to know that they'll angrily jump at everything that mentions thems, like a mob of bitten dogs.

Deques

If you don't want Victor Vran, can I buy it from you?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yoooooooooooooooo

here's how fucking amazing Enter the Gungeon is. You can press Y to quickstart a run...from the OPENING CREDITS

Pafnucy

here:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pafnucy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare -- MB-06E72B4079645E5F - Taken by Natty1. 7 entrants total.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-711D6F371E8B407B - Taken by hannes. 4 entrants total.

t1459886103z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom