• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

when you launch the game there is an icon on the bottom right that says what button to press and the word "quickstart" how is this a revelation to people? how do you miss this??

why you playing a twin stick shooter with free aim with a controller

twin sticks implies controller THO.. there are no sticks on a mouse

boom

Nabs

How does Gungeon handle aiming with a mouse? I hope it's similar to Bastion's KB/M setup, because it feels so right with a Steam Controller.

And the reason why I prefer to give games directly through steam. Ah well.

True.

I'll tell you what. Gift the game to me and I guarantee you that I'll both redeem and play it. I can almost guarantee you that I'll enjoy it, but I don't want to make any checks my ass can't cash.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Besides Enter the Gungeon, looks like Resident Evil 5, Costume Quest, Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II, Quantum Conundrum, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, Strider, Skulls of the Shogun, Spellsworn, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Abyss Raiders: Uncharted, Swords & Crossbones, Jet Racing Extreme...
Killing Floor too

Salsa

How does Gungeon handle aiming with a mouse? I hope it's similar to Bastion's KB/M setup, because it feels so right with a Steam Controller.

it handles great

I havent tried with a controller yet

but game gets crazy hectic later on. Can't imagine its "easier" with a gamepad

nuclear throne with a gamepad was a joke

Parsnip

I should buy Dark Souls 3 season pass from gmg with my birthday coupon.

edit: Except that it doesn't work... and neither does the 20% coupon? Weird.

Salsa

IS7OVOY.png

my head is gun

Nice, nice.

there's a lot of inputs tho, so maybe that's where the controller is a bit better

you get Q for "blanks", which clear up enemy bullets

E for interaction

Ctrl for weapon switching, either quick, or you keep pressing it to slow down time and pick a weapon

SPACE to use items

lot of stuff going on surprisingly

Nabs

IS7OVOY.png

my head is gun

there's a lot of inputs tho, so maybe that's where the controller is a bit better

you get Q for "blanks", which clear up enemy bullets

E for interaction

Ctrl for weapon switching, either quick, or you keep pressing it to slow down time and pick a weapon

SPACE to use items

lot of stuff going on surprisingly

Sounds perfect for the Steam Controller + Mouse Region. Thanks.

Knurek

header.jpg

Game 36: Pillars of Eternity - started on 19.02.2016, finished on 05.04.2016 (48:16) - ★★★★☆

Did pretty much everything the main game had on offer in half the time it took me to finish TitS SC. And I must say TitS is more to my liking. The battle system in PoE was completely not to my taste. The strong focus on battles instead of explorations/conversations as well. Pity, since everything that isn't an enemy encounter is amazing.
Will do White March and some high level quests in main game later this year.
Oh, and if I ever get around to playing old Infinity Engine games, I sure as hell am using Story Mode difficulty or savegame editors. Less of a hassle to reach the 'good bits' this way.
Once again, a heartfelt thank you, jshackles. You are amazing

silly question, but ill need 4k ready monitor for 4k gaming, yeah?

You can 4k game on a 1080p monitor as well
(Downsampling for cleanest possible IQ)

Erekiddo

Idle Master successfully got all my games past 2+ hours, but, card drops seem SO much slower now.

Anyone else noticed a difference?

Salsa

tried Gungeon with a controller for a bit

shooting mapped to right bumper rather than right trigger

worst game ever

neonglow

Would you guys recommend Gungeon if I thought Nuclear Throne was so-so? I found NT pretty hard and only managed to make it to the third world. What I didn't like was there wasn't much progression between plays besides unlocking new characters.

Grief.exe

Would you guys recommend Gungeon if I thought Nuclear Throne was so-so? I found NT pretty hard and only managed to make it to the third world. What I didn't like was there wasn't much progression between plays besides unlocking new characters.

That's a roguelike. The progression is actually you getting better.

just fyi the game has no ending and it doesn't look like it'll ever get one. it ends as soon as it starts to get interesting.

Prinny, I used to like you, I was even going to buy Disgaea on sale. Don't do this!

It may get an ending if enough people buy it, don't discourage potential buyers!

Bought Enter the Gungeon from Nuuvem even if I know I'll barely play it since Dark Souls 3 is around the corner and I still need to finish The Witcher 3.

Gungeon is great stuff. Really enjoying it so far. Just managed to beat a boss for the first time after getting no guns every time I've made it to the chamber. I've tried everyone except the Hunter, I liked the Convict the most.

In for BTA for the Humble as well. Only Gettysburg and Tropico are new for me, but I paid $5, that's pretty good for the two. $1 tier is insanely good.

Eila

just fyi the game has no ending and it doesn't look like it'll ever get one. it ends as soon as it starts to get interesting.

At a least it's correctly labelled as Season 1. I played through Boot Hill Heroes and damn thing was a prologue. I don't think it's labelled like that in any way in the store.

49wDIc7.png

fuck the sun and praise the gun

Never has the beginning of Zardoz been so fantastically relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZhKGgmoUI

"Zardoz: Zardoz speaks to you, His chosen ones.

Exterminators: We are the chosen ones!

Zardoz: You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Exterminators: The Gun is good!

Zardoz: The Penis is evil! The Penis shoots Seeds, and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals. Go forth, and kill! Zardoz has spoken."

Prinny, I used to like you, I was even going to buy Disgaea on sale. Don't do this!

It may get an ending if enough people buy it, don't discourage potential buyers!

but kurt i didn't say a lie or said not to buy it. I'm simply giving the heads up that it doesn't have anything close to an ending (which is true) and the game finishes as soon as things are about to happen, its basically a prologue. This is why imo nothing should ever end on a cliff hanger, you simply don't know if you'll get a chance to finish it therefore you should write your game/movie/show/etc. with a clear beginning middle and end

is this seriously an opinion people have

why would I play the game with a right stick that moves not nearly as fast and precise as a mouse does?

Think more of the left stick.

Also, we're not talking FPS here, there's no advantage I can see in this game in having a mouse versus a right stick. You can flick the stick in whatever direction you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
noooooooooooooooooo fucking Wallmonger, almost made it to the 5th floor ;_;

elevator guy
now wants 10 credits (the store currency), bastard

is this seriously an opinion people have

why would I play the game with a right stick that moves not nearly as fast and precise as a mouse does?

why do you care how people play videogames?

but kurt i didn't say a lie or said not to buy it. I'm simply giving the heads up that it doesn't have anything close to an ending (which is true) and the game finishes as soon as things are about to happen, its basically a prologue. This is why imo nothing should ever end on a cliff hanger, you simply don't know if you'll get a chance to finish it therefore you should write your game/movie/show/etc. with a clear beginning middle and end

Ok, I'll forgive you but only because I'm sure that I'm a very convincing person and people will buy it anyway.

Phawx

You guys are killing me with this Gungeon stuff. I've been sitting on GoG credit for the longest time. Or I should also check if I have any bluecoins.

Edit: Bah! Gamersgate doesn't even have EtG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom