• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

is this seriously an opinion people have

why would I play the game with a right stick that moves not nearly as fast and precise as a mouse does?

A stick is a lot more precise than WASD for movement and I don't see how a mouse is faster in a top-down twin stick shooter.

Ozium

A stick is a lot more precise than WASD for movement and I don't see how a mouse is faster in a top-down twin stick shooter.

it's not even that twitch based, compared to nuclear throne.. it's more methodical

Nah man

No gaming on school nights.

play donkey kong jr math then

straight up tho in terms of educational games I played as a kid where are Number/Word Munchers on Steam? and Why is there no Carmen Sandiego reboot.

Enter The Gungeon doesn't want to work with MSI Afterburner for some reason. The game makes my fan go crazy and I want to know why.

I also want to know what that pet hamster even does

JarrodL

Yeah, so there's nothing D4 related on Swery's twitter feed. At least not from Swery himself. He gets tweeted a lot of questions about season 2, does not answer any, but favourites like each and every one.

His current pinned tweet is still this one from Nov last year:
@Swery65 Unfortunately I have to take some time off work to recover from an illness. Don’t worry. I'll be back. Best!!

And this one is from 2 weeks ago:
What should I do only by myself if I can't make video games during a long time?

So now I actually feel salty for playing D4 as soon as it came out on XB1 originally. I enjoyed the crazy weirdness, but if I had any idea this thing was going to be episodic, not to mention with a cliffhanger ending and no resolution in sight, I'd have waited on it.

Just got through
The Jaw
in Mad Max. So, the second half of the map. After 16hrs. This game is biiiig.
XJ5HgVs.png
23PQC6e.png
Surprisingly enough Mad Max became only better after a tedious start. Ripping tires off is so elemental, I have no clue how I managed before that. Oh I do, I didn't, ha.
Very surprised to see a game open up after 10hrs of play! Also that lightning during storms :O
And the reason why I prefer to give games directly through steam. Ah well.
Sorry to see this happening to you. Thanks nonetheless.
Holy shit, I just managed to win GTAV on Steamgifts
Nice!
a0d70c34dd.jpg

Don't own any of these. I'm in for 12$. Thanks Humble!
Ah, a new bundle and I missed to lock low price early on.
Hm, only Gettysburg I know (and don't have). BTA nothing besides Vran. Not gonna gamble for extra games with BTA.

Phawx

Enter The Gungeon doesn't want to work with MSI Afterburner for some reason. The game makes my fan go crazy and I want to know why.

The game makes my fan go crazy and I want to know why.

Your answer is in your question.

Saty

Black Desert Online has sold 400,000 units across North America and Europe in its first month of release, says publisher Daum Games. It also has an average of 100,000 concurrent users.

"Considering the upward trend, I expect that the game will achieve over one million sales this year. What's impressive is these figures far exceed those in the domestic market," said Daum Games Europe CEO Min Kim.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-04-05-black-desert-online-sells-400k-in-month-one

Way ahead of you.

Now hopefully Gungeon won't work my fan now. Does anyone know what engine the game is running on? God I hope it's not flash engine. (as unlikely as that is)

You are going God's work. You have saved lives. You have restored hope in humanity.

It's an Unity game, I think. Weirdly enough, Afterburner works with it for me.

I have an actual Steam question about Family sharing.

The FAQ states that two people can't play the shared library at the same time. So that means any games in the library or the same game? I was always a little confused about that.

Eila

The FAQ states that two people can't play the shared library at the same time. So that means any games in the library or the same game? I was always a little confused about that.

I think you can only family share games you don't own. And you can only play them when the other party is not playing any game. You get a notification when the other user closes the game and leaves the library free for you to use.

Nzyme32

Any games.

The way family sharing works is that you are sharing the whole library rather than the games alone. So only one person can play with a library, as if it was a single physical disc in a way. The owner of the library always gets priority though, so if they want to play with their library and you are playing, you get about 15mins where both can play I think, but the other user will have to either finish in that time or buy the game

I think you can only family share games you don't own. And you can only play them when the other party is not playing any game. You get a notification when the other user closes the game and leaves the library free for you to use.

oooh, so nothing like PSN then. So if I share to a friend and I load up Steam, it kicks him out no matter what game he's playing.

Any games.

The way family sharing works is that you are sharing the whole library rather than the games alone. So only one person can play with a library, as if it was a single physical disc in a way. The owner of the library always gets priority though, so if they want to play with their library and you are playing, you get about 15mins where both can play I think, but the other user will have to either finish in that time or buy the game

Gotcha. Makes sense the way you describe it. Thanks.

tmarg

Eh, if a mod wants to look into it that's one thing, but I wouldn't recommend everyone going detective gaf over this.

The library. So if my sister wanted to play Papers, Please from the shared account and I put on Stardew Valley, she'd get kicked out of Papers, Please.

I remember on this board there was a guy who kept promoting his indie album, and like, would get into heated conflicts with another person who originally seemed to be into the guy's work, but after a period of time turned heel. The guy even showed people the physical threats the former fan sent him via PM.

Of course someone discovered it was the same person. He owned up to it.

Hahah, wow.

redlacs

Any games.

just to clarify, its 5 minutes. but its nice that you get updated notification every minute

inm8num2

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Star Path -- MB-61B78A2EB46BB157 - Taken by Purkake4
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-0D5842369061589D - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Go to Bed: Survive the Night -- MB-0FA4F44307097CEF - Taken by voodooray

Well, shit.
Writing a review for Baldur's Gate:EE amidst all of the discussion was probably not my best idea.

It'll be down-voted to death before the day is over.

The lighting during the presentation of Quantum Break is insane. As the colors change the man giving the presentation's face reacts in a very natural way. Crazy tech

data

I just discovered something weird.

Hold ctrl and then highlight text (whilst holding ctrl). Something weird pops up.

e: lol, it's from the wikiwand extension that I have. Thought it was a W10 feature

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
7 hours of Enter the Gungeon, I think thats enough for today :_;

Unlocked the
elevator, can go straight to the second floor now
, actually not sure if thats a good thing because you
miss all the guns and money you would get in the easy first floor

also do I really have to spoiler tag shit like this? >_>

Mivey

Well, shit.
Writing a review for Baldur's Gate:EE amidst all of the discussion was probably not my best idea.

It'll be down-voted to death before the day is over.
Quick! If you post some vapid complaints about "agendas" and replace a few word with "SJW!" you might still save it.

Unlocked the
miss all the guns and money you would get in the easy first floor

also do I really have to spoiler tag shit like this? >_>

probably

Phawx

Unlocked the