• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does steam cloud work? New comp here, some save files are here and some aren't, what gives?

Not all games have cloud. Those that do will sync the local and cloud save files. Usually right after you stop playing they will upload the save. Maybe it happens during play to idk.

Right-click on the game and check properties/updates for the game's cloud settings.

BHK3

Banned
not all games support cloud saving

Not all games have cloud. Those that do will sync the local and cloud save files. Usually right after you stop playing they will upload the save. Maybe it happens during play to idk.

Right-click on the game and check properties/updates for the game's cloud settings.

serious sam 3 does support it, but the moddable version has none of my files. The main game shows I beat it but the Load Game options greyed out...Nooooooo....

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
BAD RATS: THE RATS' REVENGE -- MB-36312482EC19227C - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kuroyume - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.

t1459910463z1.png

fenners

Enter The Gungeon is the bees' knees, for sure. It's willing to sting you, but when you die, it's ultimately because you suck rather than the game being over-powering. Each time I play, I can tell I'm getting better. Thoroughly digging it.

Asgaro

Whoah, this is pretty dope.
Thanks, installing asap.

EditL Whoops, it's not free.

that WindowBlinds program looks interesting...not interesting enough for me to pay $9.99 though

Yeah, it's 10 bucks, or 5 if you had already paid for a previous version.

I think it's well worth it though.
edit: There is a 30 day trail and I recommend to try that first. To make sure you have nothing against the "feel" of having a custom skin applied. Because there could be very tiny visual glitches.
Also some incompatibility stuff is still being worked on. For example, I can't click the File buttons etc. in the top left of Spotify.

----------------------------------------------------------------

However, there is a free theming method. And the possibilities also look good enough, or maybe even better than with WindowBlinds. This method enables more "clean" skins: WindowBlinds skin can look too bloated in comparison.

Installation method:
http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Install-Custom-Themes-262833454

Example skins:
ades_theme_for_windows_10_th2_by_unisira-d9xcl17.png

http://unisira.deviantart.com/art/Ades-Theme-for-Windows-10-TH2-600210043

aero_dark_theme_windows10_th2_build_10586_aka_1511_by_cleodesktop-d9xjbxv.png

http://cleodesktop.deviantart.com/art/Aero-Dark-Theme-Windows10-TH2-Build-10586-aka-1511-600524851

-----
Also, respective go-to places for skins:
- WindowBlinds: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/windows/win10/
- alternative theming method: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/windows/win10/

Baldur's Gate is still amazing. I lost 4 hours to it without even trying yesterday.

I'm always impressed with how epic the game is, right from the start. Wild areas are expansive, cities are bustling, and quests are around every corner. Even with the spartan dialog in BG1, so much character still shines through. And I haven't even met Minsc yet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-36312482EC19227C - Taken by ModBot

Asgaro

I didn't even know there was a business for selling Windows skins wth

Yeah, lots of themes on wincustomize.org are free but there are also paid ones called Master Themes. Note the stamp in the upper right: http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds

I've paid for some, though I find the price to be quite high: 5 to 7 bucks each.

But some really do look slick though. Samples:

preview-1-6957.jpg

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/6957/

preview-1-7347.jpg

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7347/

Tenrius

Baldur's Gate is still amazing. I lost 4 hours to it without even trying yesterday.

I'm always impressed with how epic the game is, right from the start. Wild areas are expansive, cities are bustling, and quests are around every corner. Even with the spartan dialog in BG1, so much character still shines through. And I haven't even met Minsc yet.

I've also recently started replaying the game and have similar feelings. As for the bolded part, I'm going to give at an epicness score of golden pantaloons out of 10

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

xheRJRF.gif
Not Bad Rats -- MB-BAFF3A8F2C7DFDA3 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Vazra
for real, this is pretty crappy but not bad rats

Vaping Congressman accused of using campaign funds on $1300 worth of Steam games

Anyway, he's back in hot water -- hee hee! -- for allegedly using campaign funds on videogames on 68 separate occasions over a scant two month period, totalling $1302.

Supposing each transaction represents a separate game, that's an average of $19 per title, and considering the buying period ran from October 13th to December 16th of last year, I'm going to wager a lot of those were newer releases and big box games purchased during Steam's end-of-the-year sale

The purchases are disclosed in his 2015 campaign finances as "personal expense -- to be paid back."

well I guess we have a politician that can fight for more anime now

I really didn't want to buy another game anytime soon but you guys convinced me.

Just bought Enter the Gungeon.

theres this really neat srpg thats on steam. it doesn't take itself very seriously but at the same time the gameplay has a lot of depth, what game is this you ask? Disgaea!

did i convince you to buy it?

Vaping Congressman accused of using campaign funds on $1300 worth of Steam games

well I guess we have a politician that can fight for more anime now

His backlog is criminal.
I've also recently started replaying the game and have similar feelings. As for the bolded part, I'm going to give at an epicness score of golden pantaloons out of 10
But what is that in metacritic? These are perilous times for Baldur's Gate and its scores.

neonglow

Is the gameplay for The Banner Saga Factions the same as The Banner Saga? I'm trying to find a demo to see if I like it and that was the closest thing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Tidalis -- MB-C9D509B593D7A2B1
Bayo pls, you can use anonymous to give it away yourself so I don't have to do it again ;)

Nete

Is the gameplay for The Banner Saga Factions the same as The Banner Saga? I'm trying to find a demo to see if I like it and that was the closest thing.

The combat, yes. Factions is basically the MP part of the game, released earlier as F2P.

The regular game also has all the caravan management/roleplaying part.

Bae first. Always.

As I understand it, yes. Though it's just the battles, not any campaign or narrative stuff.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

xheRJRF.gif
Not Bad Rats -- MB-3D1677FB916F29DE - Taken by Jadax
ok, you win. remove the thingie at the end of the key pls

Rizzi

Speaking of SRPG's, I would pay upwards of $15 for a PC port of Final Fantasy Tactics.
It got a mobile port and everything..

when given that choice i always go 60fps
whats the point in it looking good if it runs like shit

Well, personally I prefer better IQ than framerates.
Rather than turning down settings to low to achieve 60fps, it's better to set it to high/max and deal with 30fps.

Speaking of SRPG's, I would pay upwards of $15 for a PC port of Final Fantasy Tactics.
It got a mobile port and everything..

I'd pay $60 for a remaster/remake version of FF Tactics.
The game is way too old and that's also the reason why I don't bother with Disgaea PC.

septicore

theres this really neat srpg thats on steam. it doesn't take itself very seriously but at the same time the gameplay has a lot of depth, what game is this you ask? Disgaea!

did i convince you to buy it?

Sorry mate, I've already played my fair share of Disgaea when I owned it on my PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom