• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
man, it's so annoying when stardew valley hangs in a cutscene cos you gotta replay the whole day again and tracing your steps is just not very much fun

6613BE35DF94A1137649C1E33D67239882FCDAA2

and i've decided to date EVERYONE. basically everyone that's dateable in the game is now either my boyfriend or girlfriend and they all make embarrassed face when i talk to them and tell me how special i make them feel and stuff

it's great, but i can't choose, everyone is anime hot and i like them all (except penny, penny sucks) and wish i could just build a fort filled with hot anime people that tell me how much they love me

i mean, you can squeeze at least one more people in that bed, cmon

oh and i think there's farming in this game or something?

The anime faces get me every time.

Expert placement of the Dwarf scarecrow though, zkylon. Obscured just enough to be satisfyingly creepy.

Salsa

holy shit at Justin Roiland (of rick and morty) doing voices for new cores in Valve's Portal The Lab thing

never wanted VR more

Arthea

Dang talk
Kyoko is the best, clearly
no, not for killing, for befriending

I need to find Dang OT, is there any? for the PC version I mean.

edited: found it

edit2: oh boy, that OT is so dead...

Arthea

Rinさとり;200290738 said:
Why on earth is there no way to hide VR games.. the steam store just became a even bigger mess then it already was

why would they let you to hide it! they need to sell that vive, no hiding for you!
also store is a mess, even movies can't be filtered out, you expect games to be?

Deques

why would they let you to hide it! they need to sell that vive, no hiding for you!
also store is a mess, even movies can't be filtered out, you expect games to be?

At this point Steam needs to redesign their store. When they are at it, make a complete overhaul of the client too

zkylon

zkylewd
man why does dark souls have to release on a tuesday

couldn't it be a friday so i can like call in sick or something

tuesday sucks, how am i gonna go to work the next day -__-

AHA-Lambda

Trying my god damn seat to finish Valkyrie crinkles before Tuesday but it's hard >_<
Yeah I'm real bad at strategy games :/

Edit: wut

I'm sure my screen said we had we were on page 72 just now ._.

Arthea

At this point Steam needs to redesign their store. When they are at it, make a complete overhaul of the client too

you might not agree with me, but first and foremost they have to fix steam inventory and badges page, it's so buggy, slow, freezing prone and generally not working properly, so annoying I can't think of anything to compare it with, not to mention that badge pages still have no search option even!

Deques

you might not agree with me, but first and foremost they have to fix steam inventory and badges page, it's so buggy, slow, freezing prone and generally not working properly, so annoying I can't think of anything to compare it with, not to mention that badge pages still have no search option even!

Lots of things need to be fixed. The Games page for example needs to be improved, why would Valve think that listing all owned games in one page would be such a good idea. It takes forever to load. The page used to have pagination, but it's gone

Adry9

man why does dark souls have to release on a tuesday

couldn't it be a friday so i can like call in sick or something

tuesday sucks, how am i gonna go to work the next day -__-
Do we know if it'll be a midnight release? Hoping for that.

Arthea

Lots of things need to be fixed. The Games page for example needs to be improved, why would Valve think that listing all owned games in one page would be such a good idea. It takes forever to load. The page used to have pagination, but it's gone

glad you mentioned, mine no longer loads at all, for anybody as far as I know

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And the mobile app, and everything, Valve are awful at UI/UX, it's embarrasing how much all of it could be improved.

If Valve is going to insist that each and every marketable item be manually approved before being listed, it'd be nice if the mobile app were updated to allow the confirmation of all pending market listings. The extra five or so seconds it takes to manually approve a listing adds up to several minutes when listing dozens of items.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

fuck you High Priest ;_; so many bullets flying around ;_; had such a good run going and then lost like 2 armor and 2 heart in one stupid room, and then the boss had like 10% life left ;_;

Corsair
is the best weapon so far imo, you can fill the room with richochet bullets, it melts bosses

Uraizen

Banned
There should be a speed option. Even vita lets you go 60fps

We're good.

There's delay, but it's about on par with streaming your Xbone to PC. Tried it using the Revelator demo and while I wouldn't use it personally, I'd give it a passing grade for what it is. If there's people who think PSNow is good, then those same people would consider this godlike.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I stumbled upon that weapon once. I must I have done something wrong because it didn't appear that good to me.

The description of the gun is hilarious:

you have to charge it for like 1 second, then shoot it. it remains on screen for like 4 bounces until it disapears, so you fill the room with ricochet bullets and it clears rooms and bosses basically. and it has 200 ammo so its alot

Not my problem you are hikkikimori with 0 social skills and no friends to hang with ut with to play vidya games or watch movies with :v

Do you... want to... be my friend?

If Valve is going to insist that each and every marketable item be manually approved before being listed, it'd be nice if the mobile app were updated to allow the confirmation of all pending market listings. The extra five or so seconds it takes to manually approve a listing adds up to several minutes when listing dozens of items.

I can also do withouth the popup telling me I need to confirm it in the mobile app every single time I create a listing.

xist

Well I've finished FEAR 3 now (or rather F.3.A.R...) which completes the series for me. Overall It was ok and I don't regret the time I spent with it because I enjoyed it, although It's probably the one that feels the least FEAR-like as it's lacking many of the "scary" moments (although looking at the stats I'm surprised only 1/3rd of people who've played the game on Steam have finished it).

I really didn't like -
- Areas getting sealed off preventing backtracking as you progress - this really messed up my weapon management and seriously frustrated me in Interval 6...
- The "levelling" mechanic changed from finding boosters to achieving things like kills with certain weapons, or headshots. Now I started off enjoying this but when It had a massive negative impact on me in conjunction with the above point It got old fast (
Interval 6 on the Bridge is probably intended as a Mech level but thanks to the levelling incentive on weapon choice I thought I'd go on foot with a pistol and shotgun to score some points....only to get swamped by mechs, missile launchers and helicopters. If I hadn't been so low on ammo (or was allowed to backtrack) this would have been less annoying...
- The AI seems spotty...I don't feel like my opposition would have blindly killed themselves to get at me in the other games.
- Arena type level bits....
- The story seemed to kind of make itself up as it went along as far as enemies and plot progression, plus the discontinuity between stages was jarring.
- The last level is rubbish...It might have been fine as an introduction but as the culmination of my endeavour it was poor.
- The protagonist of the second game, Becket, just gets dealt with pointlessly...how can the second game end that way and they opt for that???
- Fettel's mechanic annoyed me...he's an invincible, invisible ghost in Point Man's single player campaign but when you play as him he's not. Now I know that probably wouldn't play well but I don't feel that copy and pasting him into the campaign is really that fun, or logical.

I liked -
- The brothers as boys flashbacks....it felt like it gave much more depth to their story.
- It felt varied environmentally, which was nice and I felt like I wanted to keep going.
- Weapons were still ok and the cover mechanic wasn't bad.
- Contrary to the dislike point I sort of like the achievement goals, although I didn't like my weapon choices being pushed in certain ways.

Woah, that seems harsh as I type it but I definitely enjoyed it more than the above makes out. Although I'd probably rather play the other games in the series more....all in all though that FEAR Bundle on Bundlestars was an excellent choice.

Now I'm pondering starting to play Skyrim for the first time...it'll be my first Elder Scrolls game and I'm nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom